GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Exit stage left. I mean right.

Posted 12-14-2010 at 17:05 by spero525

I had a Christmas post in mind, but then I read GioaJack's entry on Santa Claus (highly recommendable--go read it if you haven't already) and lost some momentum. My brain has difficulty writing tongue in cheek following something with honest substance in it. And oh was my post theoretically fraught with cheekiness! Oh well. Maybe next time.

For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas music videos.

Straight No Chaser--12 Days of Christmas
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2689 Comments 0 spero525 is offline Edit Tags
Old

I Haven't Much To Say Today

Posted 12-07-2010 at 12:11 by spero525
Updated 12-07-2010 at 12:15 by spero525

But then, that's the trouble I face with the challenge I've undertaken of keeping my personal day-to-day life out of the writing and off the 'net. Or at least off of GT. Heh.

Should I keep to generalities like the weather? A cold front is creeping over my mountain and bringing an expansive cloud with it. I'm watching it sweep over the valley below me, and soon it will consume the nearby city in it's shadow, leaving everyone with anticipation. Will it rain? Snow (most likely)? Or is...
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1694 Comments 0 spero525 is offline Edit Tags
Old

What do you do when faced with unhappy surprises?

Posted 11-30-2010 at 18:10 by spero525
Updated 11-30-2010 at 23:56 by spero525

My best friend's sister just welcomed the arrival of her first child; an event that has been long anticipated and eagerly desired.
Such a wonderful miracle, such a gift. Months of planning, months of wondering what he/she will be like, and months of prayers. Praying she'll be a good parent, praying for no complications, praying for the perfect bundle of joy that will consume and test her waking (and sleeping) hours for years to come...

Her beautiful baby boy is struggling...
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4057 Comments 0 spero525 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Living History--Director's Cut

Posted 11-28-2010 at 22:19 by spero525
Updated 11-29-2010 at 10:57 by spero525 (Spelling. Grammar. Late night.)

(i.e. Here be disjointed musings.)

The place I grew up had many small quirks, one of which was perhaps not so small. One of the locals had a restored P-51 Mustang and frequently took it for a low loop over the orchards and vineyards that surrounded my parents' house. As a young child I didn't much appreciate the living history that caused a racket and left everyone staring upwards, but as I grew older and learned what the P-51 was all about, I began to understand why people stopped...
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2783 Comments 2 spero525 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Pie Fare

Posted 11-26-2010 at 15:56 by spero525

My contribution to the Thanksgiving festivities this year:

2 pecan pies
2 pumpkin pies

Yes, it's all from scratch. Both were highly popular, but I still got leftovers. Made for a most excellent breakfast this morning!

~Spero
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1638 Comments 0 spero525 is offline Edit Tags