Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Eagle/SKD Universal Chest Rig Review

Posted 12-03-2010 at 20:10 by Six Feet Under

Eagle/SKD Universal Chest Rig Review

I purchased this product in June 2009. I started the police academy in July 2009 and figured it would serve for an active shooter rig in my patrol car. Unfortunately I suffered a gunshot wound outside of class and I havenít completed the academy yet, but it will still serve in that capacity when the time comes until I can save up for a plate carrier with rifle plates and appropriate pouches/gear.

I only have two complaints with this
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3270 Comments 0 Six Feet Under is offline Edit Tags
Old

Blowout Kits and Why You Need One

Posted 12-03-2010 at 20:07 by Six Feet Under

Blowout Kits and Why You Need One

If you spend any time participating in an outdoor activity, you know itís a good idea to have a well-stocked first aid kit to deal with any medical emergency you come across out in the field. For the hunter or shooter, the small amount of bulk and weight added by tossing a blow out kit in their gear is probably negligible. I know I would rather have one and not need it, than need it and not have it. It really is one of those things that when you
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3937 Comments 0 Six Feet Under is offline Edit Tags
Old

Gun safety this holiday season

Posted 11-26-2010 at 21:54 by Six Feet Under

I'd like to take a minute and remind everyone to be safe this holiday season. I'm four days away from marking the one year anniversary of being shot by a friend who had a negligent discharge and it has definitely been a life-changing event. From learning what it's like to actually be shot and how I reacted to it immediately and further on down the road to seeing what our healthcare system is REALLY like without insurance (both in cost and how inefficient it is), the experience has been an eye opener.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2961 Comments 3 Six Feet Under is offline Edit Tags