Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between Butch and SteadyGlock
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Butch
    01-23-2010 01:22
    Butch
    Hi Steady, no bother, write anytime!

Holster choice is a real personal kind of a thing, and all too often, one must simply try out different holsters to find the right one....or one's....one holster doesn't always do the trick for all occasions. Lots of folks have a box full of holsters that they may or may not use.

I have enough gut that I don't much carry inside my waist band anymore, and more often than not, I use the Glock sport/combat holster. It does require correct clothing to stay concealed though....which isn't a big problem in Minnesota during the winter. :)

If you haven't done it yet, check out the carry issues forum ( http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21 ), and start with the sticky's at the top, a couple there look like they may be of interest for you.

Later!
  2. SteadyGlock
    01-23-2010 00:30
    SteadyGlock
    Hey Butch,
    I hate to bug you with goofball newbie questions....I just didn't know where to go for the info, and I don't want to violate the rules by posting in the wrong place, so...I thought of you.

Just got my G30 yesterday, and I'm really excited. I need to find a good low profile IWB holster. I tried a Crossbreed Supertuck, but it's waaay too much holster, and with my big gut it's tough to get it to "disappear". To the point, can you refer me to a resource to explore my IWB options and / or other concealment stuff? Again, I hate to bug you. Thanks so much for all your help (past, present, and future.) Hopefully someday / somehow I can return the favor!

Best,

Steady