Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between lawman800 and SpitFyRRe
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 91
  1. SpitFyRRe
    03-12-2009 14:48
    SpitFyRRe
    We get them out with a felony stop by the squad mic and we have guns trained on the suspect.

The woman who got out was just a regular vehicle contact volunteer. I stopped her for speeding and after talking with her for a bit at the car, I went back to run her DL. As soon as I got back in the car, she got out of hers and I got out of my squad and she started yelling.

You actually think Brown's attorney can/will get him out of it??
  2. lawman800
    03-12-2009 00:16
    lawman800
    Oh... in my experience, people that jump out of their cars usually have a reason, such as not wanting you to see something in the car like weapons or drugs so I am going to isolate them outside the car and have my partner secure them as I do some plain view and not so plain view searches. Call a K-9 if you have to, 95% of the time, your hunches will carry you through.
  3. lawman800
    03-12-2009 00:13
    lawman800
    Hmmm... out here we're taught to not let them out of the car but if they are already out, we keep them out instead of letting them get back in the car and out of sight and possibly able to retrieve a weapon. If they're out, we pat them down and secure their persons either by cuffs or we sit them down on the curb, cross-legged at the knee with hands on the knees.

In any event, do whatever they tell you in the academy and get past it and then relearn whatever works for you in the field.

Rihanna did get her hand bitten by that upstanding citizen, Mr. Brown. I can't wait until they throw him in the slammer and he gets his beatdown by Big Bubba who then will show him what it feels like to be the abused lover of a stronger man. Karma is a b1tch.

Congrats on the SFST. You'll do fine on the scenarios. Just take a second to think things through before doing them. Don't rush, that will get you killed. Take your time to look around and assess before committing.
  4. SpitFyRRe
    03-11-2009 23:54
    SpitFyRRe
    Well, I passed SFST. I did pretty well except for some reason I told my partner to pivot on his front foot during the walk and turn. I spent about an hour or 2 before the test running over the instructions with a friend. I'm definitely not perfect, but I'll get better the more I do it and I know what I'm looking for so it's a start!

I've come to know I'm going to be busting my hump to get my badge and when I get it, I won't want to lose it because of a scumbag. That doesn't stop the nasty thoughts, but I can get some gratification getting him locked up if I do my job correctly.

Chris Brown bit Rihanna along with beat her didn't he?

I hope I won't mess my first felony stop up. We practiced but it was on each other, same with vehicle contacts. I've done that class twice (once in my Associates and once in recruit) and I'm fairly confident with those or I feel like I am anyway. I did fine with the scenarios, I actually had one of the more difficult drivers out of my group. She ended up getting out of her car after I told her 3 times to stay in. She ended up yelling at me for a bit before I finally decided she was done venting and threw in some control talk and informed her she was going back in her car and she was doing it immediately.
  5. lawman800
    03-11-2009 19:54
    lawman800
    You done get it now, girl! Why you gots to bring facts into a discussion with libtards? You have seen the light, young padawan. Libs rely entirely on emotions and guilt/sympathy. That's how they get support from those who don't work or pay taxes. Welfare, free health care, mortgage forgiveness and other free social programs are all perfect examples. After all, you wouldn't want this poor person to be broke and homeless, right? Never mind that they don't want to work for it, let's take your money and give it to them because it feels good. That's how they enslave people to depend on them and get the votes.

My favorite topic in the academy was... heck... I don't recall having one. The instructions for SFSTs, just like anything else you have to learn to recite or use in the field, takes time. You think it's tough now, wait until you do your first live felony stop and you are trying to give instructions about cross arms here, throw key out there, walk this way, turn that way... the only advice and the only thing that works, honestly, is to TAKE YOUR TIME and think about what you are going to say before you say it. Out in the real world, time is on our side. Except for an active shooter, you take your time and formulate your thoughts and actions before you do them. It's better to do it slowly and do it right than to rush and get it wrong and get someone hurt. Oh, that also applies to talking on the radio. Try your first few traffic stops... driving a car, anticipating the actions of the other car, calling it out on the radio, manipulating the lights and sirens, etc.

We all got our personal crimes that boil our blood. I hate rapists, child molesters, child abusers, and wife beaters (the criminal, not the tank top). I would love nothing more than for those criminals to resist arrest but I rather get it right and put them behind bars than get a few seconds of satisfaction which might cost me my job and let them go free. Look at the big picture and remember what your job is.

Yeah, Rihanna... we're so in love... really? I guess it should be obvious how much he loves you by him holding your face to the window and beating you savagely. If that doesn't show you love, I don't know what does.
  6. SpitFyRRe
    03-11-2009 07:31
    SpitFyRRe
    Didn't you get the memo? The snow just proves Global Warming further! Midwest Wisconsin had to close all of their schools 2 or 3 days in a row because it was -18 or -22 degrees, yet my sister, who buys into all that nonsense, got all offended when I asked her how that global warming was working out for her. I've never noticed how much liberals rely on fear to gain "popular opinion". I have noticed they do it by guilt tripping people though. I'm all for less pollution, but you want to stop the big chunk of it, go talk to China...however you might come back a little bit dead after you do this.

I'm actually really enjoying Crash Investigations. I'm somewhat OCD and a slight perfectionist so I'm hoping I do well on my reports. SFST is the same way for me. I was getting so frustrated because I couldn't get my verbiage down yesterday. I have absolutely no problem talking to people and I establish rapport very easily with most, but when it got to the instructions for the walk and turn I blanked.

I went through this with Child Maltreatment too. That was tough for me because I have this thing where I want to have the abuser get up close and personal with the business end of my gun. My boyfriend finally asked me something that got me focused on it: "Which would you prefer: reading the stuff and learning it now, or having a case like that thrown out because learning the stuff when you were a recruit made you angry? I know you well enough to know you couldn't live with the second, so get your ass back to studying."

Rihanna's a nut. I always hate that excuse "but we're so in love!!" You want to say "Really b****? He just beat you over a text message. But you go right a head and think that's love, I'll see your ass in two weeks."
  7. lawman800
    03-10-2009 19:46
    lawman800
    Yeah, not reality, actuality! Funny stuff.

It's been mid-60s so far but chilly winds here. How's about that global warming with your snow, eh? Did you hear the stupid Greenpeace protest against global warming was snowed out? The irony of it all makes you laugh but the MSM surely won't report it. Crash investigations was the most tedious thing, you will know once you do your first TC investigation/report. I did a 6 car crash once and it took me forever with all the POI and approx. speed and everything. Give me multiple burgs and fights anyday.

Rihanna deserves everything after she goes back to him. Nobody deserves it the first time but after that, they become voluntary participants. The police should ignore her calls the next time he whoops her butt other than to put that Chris behind bars for good.
  8. SpitFyRRe
    03-10-2009 08:05
    SpitFyRRe
    I think it's TruTV, I may have caught a gilmpse of it on Sunday night.

It's raining here. We were supposed to get 10-17" of snow and now it's raining. We're starting with Crash Investigations for 4 hours today then we have an 8 hour chunk of SFST again today, I think we're actually learning how to do them today though.

And Rihanna kinda deserves everything she gets at this point now. Funny how her songs really are really hypocritical now. Oh well! Job security I suppose.
  9. lawman800
    03-09-2009 20:30
    lawman800
    Ask Rihanna. She's going back to that scumbag who actually has the gall to demand terms of his plea and he demands no jail and a misdemeanor only. How nice to demand terms from the DA. I hope they nail him to the wall.

American Jail is on Court TV... I think the same that plays Forensic files, Cops, and other reality shows. I'll double check tonight. How's the weather? After a beautiful day yesterday, we're down to mid-50s again. I think I am wearing my trench coat tomorrow with gloves and a scarf.
  10. SpitFyRRe
    03-09-2009 20:02
    SpitFyRRe
    I know he made the right choice. I actually admire him for not going in and throttling the guy. My aunt's ex-husband is an abusive alcoholic. How people can put up with that I just don't know. I won't try to figure it out since that just makes my head hurt.

By the way, which channel is American Jail on?