Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between lawman800 and SpitFyRRe
Showing Visitor Messages 81 to 90 of 91
  1. lawman800
    02-26-2009 20:14
    lawman800
    A lot of organizations have reciprocity for race licenses or they charge some nominal fee for acceptance. I couldn't imagine 21F. When it got down to low 30F here, I think half the office called in sick. The only ice we like is in our margaritas.
  2. SpitFyRRe
    02-26-2009 20:08
    SpitFyRRe
    Yeah it's 21 flipping degrees here and it's still snowing, 45 degrees in WI is like t-shirt weather, especially after this last winter. Does WERA do anything with CRA then? I know we accept the license's to race at BIR, or at least I thought I checked in a few...
  3. lawman800
    02-26-2009 19:54
    lawman800
    WERA is a national sanctioning body so I chose them instead of the regional only stuff. The cool thing is getting your invite to the Nationals in Atlanta.

I hear ya about letting time go by. We weren't all born cops and a lot of us made mistakes. It's how we overcome it that makes the difference between us and them. Some people blame life and use it as an excuse to fall further down into the gutter. Glad he is going on the right path and the clinic should be a good experience to see the wrong road up close.

We had mid-60s weather all day but now it's getting a bit chilly at low-50s and probably dip into the 40s at night. I hate the cold. We Southern Californians start dying off at 45F and below.
  4. SpitFyRRe
    02-26-2009 15:53
    SpitFyRRe
    I've heard good things about WERA. I used to know someone who used to race with them, I think some of our CRA boys race in that circuit every now and then.

He's actually got his bachelors in criminal justice, he just doesn't know what he wants to do with it yet. He wanted to get into LE, but he made a mistake when he was younger so he's trying to put time between the offense and his job. He actually works for a chemical dependency treatment facility right now.

Dude. We just got 4" of snow in less than an hour, apparently we're supposed to get 10", I think we'll get more haha. It's seriously a whiteout right now. My group got a break from testing out of our driving course since none of us could see and we have to be timed. It's nuts.
  5. lawman800
    02-26-2009 11:56
    lawman800
    I started in 2006 with WERA. It was LTWSB and HWTSS. I was gonna say, it kinda evens out him racing and you going to be a cop so both of you get to be kept on edge with each other. WERA West runs Autoclub, Buttonwillow, Las Vegas and Miller (Utah).
  6. SpitFyRRe
    02-26-2009 11:52
    SpitFyRRe
    So does that mean you're in the UNL and HW classes or how do they class them where you live?
    An exboyfriend got me into motorcycles, after we broke up, I did some stupid stuff, and then decided to get my M-class (WI motorcycle license). My current boyfriend and I met through motorcycles and I had been volunteering with the CRA (Central Roadracing Association) before he started racing. The pucker factor goes up 10 fold when it's him out racing, but he stopped racing the 600. His brother and best friend race there, and they're all novices. The Novice MW races are the ones where we actually have both whambulances up and running and keep the chopper on stand by. When they race the long course, turn one is the fastest turn in the nation. When there's a crash on that corner, they're leaving in the chopper or the bus.

What track do you race on?
  7. lawman800
    02-26-2009 11:38
    lawman800
    You and me both, I am such a motorcycle junkie. My dad regretted getting me started because I went into it super hardcore. My garage never had space for cars.
  8. lawman800
    02-26-2009 11:37
    lawman800
    I used to race a Suzuki SV650S and then a Ducati 996. Now I have a GSXR1000 but that is such a beast of a machine that I will definitely kill myself. I've hit 186mph (indicated) at Autoclub Raceway a few times.
  9. SpitFyRRe
    02-26-2009 10:19
    SpitFyRRe
    upon looking at my DL for one of my classes, it appears I've had my motorcycle's license for almost three years. Those 1098's are just gorgeous. What do you race?
  10. SpitFyRRe
    02-26-2009 07:24
    SpitFyRRe
    Yes, I've had my motorcycle's license for over a year. I'm just too broke right now to buy the 600rr I want, haha. My boyfriend races at Brainerd International Raceway. He races his GS500 and used to race his GSX600R. I'm a motorcycle junkie.