Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between G26man and joe164
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. G26man
    04-08-2009 15:47
    G26man
    Hi, I actually sold my SKSs and my x39 ammo about 6 months ago!

They are good weapons though, but no I haven't dealt with the company you are asking about. I don't like the Yugos, they are heavy and don't have chrome lined barrels. If I was you I would search local pawn shops for a Norinco. Also reloading x39 is not all that great an idea IMHO, you'll never find brass laying around at the range for it, everyone shoots steel cased. You'll have to buy all your brass new or save it from new brass cased ammo which is very expensive.

I switched over to Saiga rifles and .308 in particular. They'll shoot steel cased or brass, and .308 brass is much more common.
  2. joe164
    04-08-2009 07:24
    joe164
    hello G26man,
    i'm new to the sks world, I appreciate all the info you've posted.
    I'm shopping for a SKS , M59/66A1 Cal. 7.62 x 39 mm,
    I found a dealer named SAMCO and was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience with them? No one has responded.
    Also like most ammo these days , I'm not finding any 7.62 out there. I'm thinking getting an SKS might be great,,, w/o ammo not so great,
    Any ideas, advice , warnings suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    I've been learning to reload, 45LC and 45ACP, and thought I'd reload 7.62 so obviously that is a possibility once I get set up for it.