Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Conversation Between Oldskoolfan and RKOK
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. RKOK
    12-27-2008 13:54
    RKOK
    Yes, you can join both rites. In order to join the Shriners, you must be a member of one of them and advanced to the last degree. I have heard tell that some lodges and even the Shriners have relaxed some of the requirements in order to get more members. I pay my dues now, but seldom attend. I do participate in the Shriners gatherings from time to time. Wichita Falls has a private shooting range!
  2. Oldskoolfan
    12-26-2008 23:59
    Oldskoolfan
    I would like to join the various rites. I think I would like to join the Knights Templar. I am also interested in the Shriners. I am going to head baack to school soon to meet with my instructor. To be honest I would like to head as far as I can.

I did notice that the majority of Masons seem to be older. I would like to see younger people getting involved. I am 27 and one of the younger members.

I would like ot know if I join the Scottish Rite, can I join the York rite?
  3. RKOK
    12-26-2008 23:33
    RKOK
    I am a Master Mason from the same lodge I sent you. It is good to have an a new one. The fraternity is slowly eroding and young blood is good. Do you have plans to advance beyond Master?
  4. Oldskoolfan
    12-25-2008 01:25
    Oldskoolfan
    I am an Entered Apprentice in Normal IL. Lodge #673.
  5. RKOK
    12-25-2008 00:10
    RKOK
    I am from the masonic order #873, Wichita Falls, Texas. You?