Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Woof Memorial Critter's Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The loss of a good man... *Mike* G20man32904 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1023743)

GlockinGator 03-20-2009 15:42

The loss of a good man... *Mike* G20man32904

I know I don't post here often and most of you don't know me, but unfortunately I am here with a heavy heart. G20man32904, aka "Big Mike" passed away today after battling illness for many years. Most of you know him as the originator of the "Ask a Trainer Thread" at the top of this forum. Mike was a friend of mine and he will be sorely missed. He was a mountain of a man, with a soft spot for our 4 legged friends. Mike could talk dogs and/or guns for hours and never get bored. He gave me advice(about guns and dogs, he knew more about both) and helped me train my boxer "Remington" when I was just about at my wits end.

I remember being at the range one day, guns popping off left and right. Then Mike pulled the trigger on his Smith and Wesson 500 (loaded with +P) and the entire range went silent (aside from a few "What the f*&# was that!" comments) The smile on his face was priceless!

Sometimes life pulls you in so many directions, and keeps you from spending more time with people you really like. I regret that I couldn't spend more time with Mike, and get to know him even better. Unfortunately, in his late 30's, G20man32904 was taken from us too soon. RIP "Big Mike", I think he would appreciate it if we all pet our dogs for a little longer tonight!

MrsKitty 03-20-2009 15:52

Thank you so much for telling us. I am....well, there aren't words. Mike had given me a lot of advice, the same as he did for others here.

Do you mind telling me when he died? Any details? I remember him saying he needed a heart transplant a long time ago. I know I haven't seen him post in a while. I missed him then and I will from now on...

With all the knowledge Mike shared, he has touched a *lot* of lives.

Can you just imagine how many animals were there waiting just for him at Rainbow Bridge?

Jason D 03-20-2009 16:30

Rest in peace buddy.

Gun Shark 03-20-2009 16:33

I didn't know him but from what i heard so far it sounds like he was a good guy.

RIP *Mike* G20man32904

Kguard103 03-20-2009 16:36

People as you have described this gentleman as being are never replaced. I like what you said in your last paragraph...

Quote:

Sometimes life pulls you in so many directions, and keeps you from spending more time with people you really like. I regret that I couldn't spend more time with Mike, and get to know him even better.
Every time I read something like this is makes me look around and ask if there are people I would say this about if they were gone...thanks for that.

May he rest in peace and his memory live on...and may God bless his family and loved ones.

SIGSAREBETTER 03-20-2009 17:53

*shakes head sadly*

This is the 2nd very untimely death of a young member I've read about lately....very very sad. My thoughts are with those he left behind.

Mrs. VR 03-21-2009 13:20

This is terrible news!!! :sadangel:

pesticidal 03-22-2009 10:42

:sadangel:

Blinky 04-01-2009 13:27

I just found out about this today...I don't know what I can say, Mike and I would talk a lot about training and I owe a lot to him. I will do my best to continue his efforts on GT to make us all better dog owners.

You're gonna be missed man.......

bluelineman 04-04-2009 11:51

:sadangel:

RIP G20. Way too young.

rugercat78 04-07-2009 13:47

Rest in Peace, Big Mike. You will be missed :crying:

Vic303 04-24-2009 09:56

Oh crap! Damn...I hadn't heard from Mike in a while, but he had been optimistic in his last email to me.

Does anyone know what happened with his dogs? OP, please PM me or something--Mike's been on my prayers list for a couple years now. I'm stunned and at a loss with this sad news.

I hate crying in contact lenses...

Here is the obituary I found on line.

John McLaughlin
Palm Bay
John Michael "Mike" McLaughlin, 38, passed away Thursday, March 19, 2009 at Holmes Regional Medical Center. Mike was born in Norris town, PA on April 6, 1970. He was a graduate of Friends School in Atlantic City, NJ and served in the US Army. His family includes his father, John J. McLaughlin; mother, Mary Ann Linder - Wuchko and her husband Ron; sister and brother-in- law, Bethany Ann and Brian Connelly; and two nephews, Christopher and Brandon Connelly. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, 300 Mal abar Road SE, Palm Bay. Donations in Mikes memory can be made to any heart related association. Arrangements by Palm Bay Funeral Home, 724- 2224, Please sign guest book at www.affuneral.com.

Cochese 07-24-2009 14:48

:patriot:

Berto 08-30-2009 10:48

I'm saddened to hear this. He has been a real great help to a bunch of us.
RIP Mike.:crying:

supra98 09-18-2009 11:42

Theres plently of young ppl who have lost their lives too young, did we forget about the men and women who serve our country in OEF/OIF?

Blinky 09-18-2009 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by supra98 (Post 13806870)
Theres plently of young ppl who have lost their lives too young, did we forget about the men and women who serve our country in OEF/OIF?

What exactly do you mean by that?