Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactics and Training (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Watch this video...and then... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159529)

Magnum 357 12-17-2009 18:13

Watch this video...and then...
 
Watch this video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=086_1260862712

and then ask me why I carry a REVOLVER S&W for self defense!!!!!

Dalton Wayne 12-17-2009 18:20

His problem was he didn't have a round chambered.
If I worked a high risk job I would wear my vest, hell I wear it if I go through the bad side of town or out to town late at night, and I always wear it when I go to Orlando that's crime central. :cool:
Regards
DW

Dalton Wayne 12-17-2009 18:23

Oh and if you think I'm being paranoid this happened just down the street from me, I think I heard the shots when it happened.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159068

Regards
DW

Deaf Smith 12-17-2009 21:37

Ever consider this guy used the Israeli method of carrying his gun chamber empty and the idiot found out sometimes you can short stroke it? Like when scared?

And where was his backup gun?

And as I suspected, it was in India. Agra is a region there.

Yep, I bet he carried it chamber empty.

And you know the arguments here we have had over chamber empty carry, right?

Deaf

Scouse 12-18-2009 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaf Smith (Post 14366043)
Ever consider this guy used the Israeli method of carrying his gun chamber empty and the idiot found out sometimes you can short stroke it? Like when scared?

And where was his backup gun?

And as I suspected, it was in India. Agra is a region there.

Yep, I bet he carried it chamber empty.

And you know the arguments here we have had over chamber empty carry, right?

Deaf


# 1/ Only calibre available by law... .32. Round nose lead cartridges!

#2/ The total lack of training, and no extra rounds. Lost cause.

My Diamond store experience in Orlando FL. Mossberg pump, 6 rounds Low Vel; slugs, Glock 19, 16 rounds of 127g WW Ranger. Plus a G17 magazine, just in case a (up to now not one ever) malfunction.

Man trap double door entry, metal detector built in, I let you in! Push button remote.

Nice A/C, vest was comfy!

cowboywannabe 12-18-2009 07:49

that was an assasination not a robbery.

Gallowglass 12-20-2009 09:41

I think the OP's point was that you don't have to remember to rack a slide on a revolver, just pull the trigger.

betyourlife 12-20-2009 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboywannabe (Post 14367651)
that was an assasination not a robbery.

Um, fail.:upeyes:

TattooedGlock 12-23-2009 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboywannabe (Post 14367651)
that was an assasination not a robbery.

Exactly. Nothing appeared to be taken and none of the other folks were shot at. Heck, they may have even been in on it!

And to the poster who has to wear a vest to go out and live his life, I have one word for you...MOVE! :faint:

PhoneCop 12-23-2009 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallowglass (Post 14380293)
I think the OP's point was that you don't have to remember to rack a slide on a revolver, just pull the trigger.

I agree. With a Glock and and a loaded chamber the same applies.

Deaf Smith 12-23-2009 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneCop (Post 14399923)
I agree. With a Glock and and a loaded chamber the same applies.

And you don't have to worry about short stroking the slide or having to chamber a round while grappling with the BGs. Nor worry about if you will even have two hands to chamber the round!

Point-n-click is the solution unless there are some serious extenuating circumstances like a non-drop safe weapon.

Deaf

David Armstrong 12-23-2009 12:21

Failure to do/perform a particular skill or technique correctly is pretty poor evidence that the skill or technique is not good. Using this argument if he had carried a 1911 chamber loaded and the safety on, but had failed to get the safety off, it would mean one should not carry a 1911 chamber loaded with the safety on.

BTW, there was already a pretty good discussion of this incident at http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1159132

NDC187 12-24-2009 22:19

The only difference between a revolver and an auto is the method in which rounds are fed. It's a myth a revolver is more reliable than a quality auto.

I can say one thing. IF someone was in arms reach with a revolver in DA mode the cylinder would be grabbed and the gun would be taken.

Problem in video..no round in chamber as other poster stated.

Magnum 357 12-26-2009 12:54

This is a REAL EXAMPLE why people should carry a REVOLVER for SELF DEFENSE...you don't have to worry about recking the slide or having a JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NMGlocker 12-26-2009 13:30

As Buggs Bunny would say... "the OP is a maroon."

40S&W_SigSauerP229 12-26-2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallowglass (Post 14380293)
I think the OP's point was that you don't have to remember to rack a slide on a revolver, just pull the trigger.

You still have to load the revolver and for most loading a gun is racking the slide. F%^K revolvers, I prefer the automatic for mag capacity and fast reloads, what ever works for you. Retard tactical keeps the morgs full.

Deaf Smith 12-27-2009 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum 357 (Post 14418439)
This is a REAL EXAMPLE why people should carry a REVOLVER for SELF DEFENSE...you don't have to worry about recking the slide or having a JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Magnum, it's a REAL EXAMPLE of why your weapons should be ready for immediate action without undue manipulation. And chamber empty on a drop safe handgun is an unneeded manipulation.

Some who carry modern drop-safe revolvers do so with the chamber under the hammer empty, and thus giving up 1/6th or more of their ammo supply for no real reason!

Sadly there are people who will think the safety of a weapon is tied to the state the weapon is kept in instead of the mental state of the user. And that is the real problem.

Deaf

Scouse 12-27-2009 12:13

The safe revolver
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaf Smith (Post 14424088)
No Magnum, it's a REAL EXAMPLE of why your weapons should be ready for immediate action without undue manipulation. And chamber empty on a drop safe handgun is an unneeded manipulation.

Some who carry modern drop-safe revolvers do so with the chamber under the hammer empty, and thus giving up 1/6th or more of their ammo supply for no real reason!

Sadly there are people who will think the safety of a weapon is tied to the state the weapon is kept in instead of the mental state of the user. And that is the real problem.

Deaf


Well, I taught mostly Revolver carriers (Job related, both Public and Private) and an older (before peace work, more you send out, the more you make days) model of Mod 10 or Models 64 and 65.

I did this for over 21 years.

Only ever fired double action, most converted to double action only (all my training guns were) most of my client Company's as well, because of the many dry fire and live fire these revolvers had been through, the triggers were all smooth as glass, and all around 10lbs.

Young people (over 18 YOA) from draw, duty holster, double taps, from 5m' (just over 5 yards) around 3" hits center upper chest, time and time again, took around 2 hours, both dry fire, live fire, around 100 rounds.

But having said that, no miss fires, my reloads on a Star Machine. Sometimes, vary rarely, but did happen, new gun, or 10 year old one... Firing pin broke, or fell out.

ALL DONE, no BANGS TILL FIXED.


They all have Glock Pistols now, 9mm and .40 S&W.

David Armstrong 12-28-2009 11:59

Quote:

No Magnum, it's a REAL EXAMPLE of why your weapons should be ready for immediate action without undue manipulation.
Actually it is an example of how, even if your weapon is ready for immediate action without undue manipulation, as was the situation here, most of the time it won't matter. Racking the slide is not much of a problem, as we have seen for decades. But in this case it just doesn't matter, the guy could have had a revolver, a loaded shotgun, or whatever with him, without changing the outcome.

Goldendog Redux 12-28-2009 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Armstrong (Post 14430442)
Actually it is an example of how, even if your weapon is ready for immediate action without undue manipulation, as was the situation here, most of the time it won't matter. Racking the slide is not much of a problem, as we have seen for decades. But in this case it just doesn't matter, the guy could have had a revolver, a loaded shotgun, or whatever with him, without changing the outcome.

Absolutely.

In the last thread everyone seemed to thing they would have simply rocked some El Presidente getting instantly lethal CNS on the bad guys and walking away unscathed.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.