Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Parts & Access. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sider lock trigger safety on model 22 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166056)

chrisart 01-03-2010 19:37

Sider lock trigger safety on model 22

The new sider lock manual trigger has been a godsend for those of us who prefer IWB holsers, the trigger really works and is effective from standard and long slide glock pistols all the way down to sub compact models.
The included instructions were weak compared to the website instructions but once you follow the companies website instructions youll have the trigger ready to rock in 10 minutes flat.
Youll need a punch and some magnifier to see things but its really a breeze to drop the safety in.
The issue of manual safeties on a glock like my model 22 in 40 sw is apparently an issue of contention for some glock devotees.
All I can say about the sider lock is it saves my life every time its switched on.:embarassed:

packinaglock 01-03-2010 20:19

It's your Glock & your money, if it gives you piece of mind thats all that matters. :supergrin:

vinnier6 01-03-2010 21:10

i dont want one on my glocks....

Rebel_James 01-03-2010 21:16

My bugger hook is my 'safety.' Don't want to be hunting for a button to push in a self-defense situation.

If I was worried about the trigger system on Glocks, I'd carry a XD instead.

operator81 01-03-2010 21:18

Solution in search of a problem

MrVvrroomm 01-03-2010 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisart (Post 14472776)
All I can say about the sider lock is it saves my life every time its switched on.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...smartchart.jpg

Rebel_James 01-03-2010 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisart (Post 14472776)
All I can say about the sider lock is it saves my life every time its switched on.:embarassed:

And fumblfking around for that damn button can get you killed in a high stress situation.

If you can't handle how a Glock works, get something else, like a XD with a grip safety.

WayaX 01-03-2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrVvrroomm (Post 14473443)

I couldn't agree more. This is the dumbest idea. Let me put the safety on the trigger so I have to violate a rule of firearm safety to use it. Shouldn't it be called a "not-safety".

BhamGlock 01-03-2010 21:28

:popcorn:

Jamie_s_72 01-03-2010 22:32

I have one on my 26. It's just like anything else, practice makes perfect. As for high stress situations how do you know you won't shoot yourself in the foot while drawing? You don't think you would because you've practiced. Same thing with the safety. It's just a matter of opinion. If someone likes it and you don't that doesn't make it "dumb". To each their own.
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/IMG_0915.jpg

KingLamoni 01-03-2010 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie_s_72 (Post 14473855)
I have one on my 26. It's just like anything else, practice makes perfect. As for high stress situations how do you know you won't shoot yourself in the foot while drawing? You don't think you would because you've practiced. Same thing with the safety. It's just a matter of opinion. If someone likes it and you don't that doesn't make it "dumb". To each their own.
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/IMG_0915.jpg

I also have one on my G19. I am amazed at the haters that come out on something like this that is a personal choice. It makes me feel more comfortable about putting a loaded gun in my pants or anywhere else I conceal carry. I bought a Glock not because of the safeties but because of it's reputation and reliability. I am very pleased with Glock's ease of operation. Mine now has 4 safeties built in instead of 3.

dreis454 01-04-2010 04:59

My 30 has one & my new 36 that I bought last week won't get carried 'til it has one.

maraf 01-04-2010 05:02

I don' mind putting one on mine once I ge tthe chance

joker42179 01-04-2010 05:14

tagged for later

mclaren 01-04-2010 09:29

There is already a safety on the trigger from glock. If this can be magicaly turned off and the trigger pulls itself, how does another manual safety on the trigger change anything.
This safety is actually less protected by the trigger guard. If human error can defeat all 3 already there then it just takes a tad more negligence to defeat that 4th.

These guns dont just go off. They fire when someone pulls the trigger and that person sometimes blames the gun. This is just something else to blame when the gun handler is irresponsible.
I also think this is foolishness. I really think you shouldn't carry a glock if you cant be safe with it in its stock form.
If you can shoot yourself in the foot with the stock gun, who is to say that you wont turn this safety off and then shoot yourself in the foot. Its equally as negligent.

mikesommer 01-04-2010 12:22

I have one on my 23, but it only gets used when the gun is off of my person, which is very rarely. Originally purchased it because I had little ones running around. Still use it when I take the gun off and lock it up in the truck.

chrisart 01-07-2010 20:37

The sider lock is perfect for the sub compact glock model, Plaxico Burress might still have both working family jewels if he had one on his gun. lol
I draw my gun from a serpa sportster and I index right along the siderlock, by the time Im at sight Level.....BANG!
My apologies to those who feel so passionate about the stock glock trigger, apparently manual control of the glock trigger is secondary to arrogant notions of immortality.

chrisart 01-10-2010 23:04

Have you noticed any alignment problems after installing the siderlock trigger?
Im seeing a gouge and a deep scrape just ahead of the serial number tag inside the frame on the left side near the muzzle-end.

dreis454 01-11-2010 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisart (Post 14521384)
Have you noticed any alignment problems after installing the siderlock trigger?
Im seeing a gouge and a deep scrape just ahead of the serial number tag inside the frame on the left side near the muzzle-end.

I don't think the trigger would have anything to do with that.
That seems to be more of a recoil spring issue. Time to replace maybe?

JrFreak 01-23-2010 22:58

I just installed one on my Glock 27. Haven't fired it yet, but I sure will once the weather breaks. The trigger is a little fatter too... feels nice.

I don't carry my Glock chambered, but now I may since I have that little extra confidence of safety. To me I'd rather be 'fumbling' trying to push the siderlock button than chambering a round in a stress situation...

To each is own for sure.