Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Did you guys see this-- 50bmg Kaboom (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169501)

IndyGunFreak 01-11-2010 19:28

Did you guys see this-- 50bmg Kaboom
 
Credit Laramie in MT for finding it.. I'm just passing along...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=258040

All I can say is... ouch. I'd say a sign something is wrong when you're closing the bolt w/ a hammer, but I have no experience reloading rifle.

IGF

Bob2223 01-11-2010 19:47

:wow: !

DEADLYACCURATE 01-11-2010 19:51

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Dalton Wayne 01-11-2010 19:56

:wow::wow::wow::shocked::shocked:

IndyGunFreak 01-11-2010 20:04

There's some debate in that thread over whether he was actually using the hammer to close the bolt on this particular round... My opinion... he may not have been, but when a 2lb sledge is part of your range bag... I'd say there's a pretty good chance you need to stop and seek some assistance.

and newbies wonder why more experienced folks are so anal about them reading and rereading books.

For some reason the more I read that thread, the more I realise how significant Jack's words in my signature are...

IGF

Kosher Larry 01-11-2010 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak (Post 14526841)
when a 2lb sledge is part of your range bag... I'd say there's a pretty good chance you need to stop and seek some assistance.

I couldn't have said this any better. I can only imagine what that kB sounded like.

JesseCJC 01-11-2010 20:09

there is nothing in a reloading book about not using a hammer on the bolt..

Kind of one of those things when you see obvious warning on objects and just wonder who was the moron who caused the warning to be on the label. I kind of want to see the pics of his hand though.

IndyGunFreak 01-11-2010 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseCJC (Post 14526884)
there is nothing in a reloading book about not using a hammer on the bolt..

LOL.. well I guess you got me there... :)

GioaJack 01-11-2010 20:14

Maybe Janet Reno was right... some people just shouldn't own guns. :whistling:

Jack

Hoser 01-11-2010 20:18

It is very common for guys that shoot bolt action 50s to use a dead blow to open the bolt.

Hammer, no. Dead blow, yes.

jaybirdjtt 01-11-2010 21:12

Head 'owies' just bleed alot! Despite that.......nothing I'd like more than a new Barrett M82A1 semi-auto in 416 with the requisite hardware, scopes and such, lots of ammo, coomponents, the BOS system. Definitely a "force multiplier".

IndyGunFreak 01-11-2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybirdjtt (Post 14527368)
Head 'owies' just bleed alot! Despite that.......nothing I'd like more than a new Barrett M82A1 semi-auto in 416 with the requisite hardware, scopes and such, lots of ammo, coomponents, the BOS system. Definitely a "force multiplier".

One of the posts in that absurdly long thread, suggested he had an arterial spurt coming from his wrist(which apparently took the brunt of the injury)...

I've seen arterial spurts, and they do kinda look like that, but i would expect more blood.

IGF

skanless 01-11-2010 22:29

That crazy. :wow:

juswes 01-11-2010 22:31

Gotta use a tiny bit of common sense when dealing with a controlled explosion.

PBKing 01-12-2010 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseCJC (Post 14526884)
there is nothing in a reloading book about not using a hammer on the bolt..

Um... That would have been in the manual that came with the firearm.

Quote:

WARNING
NEVER TRY TO FORCE A CARTRIDGE TO CHAMBER. IF THE BOLT DOES NOT FULLY CLOSE,
REMOVE THE MAGAZINE, CLEAR THE RIFLE, AND CHECK FOR OBSTRUCTIONS, BUT DO NOTATTTEMPT TO FIRE. SERIOUS INJURY COULD RESULT. Barret Manual.
True they dont specify Hammer or Crowbar or Pick Axe but the "Do not force a cartridge" covers that imo.

I wonder if he read the manual?
Praying for him

Treehomocideophobia - fear of instruction manuals.

unclebob 01-12-2010 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak (Post 14526841)
There's some debate in that thread over whether he was actually using the hammer to close the bolt on this particular round... My opinion... he may not have been, but when a 2lb sledge is part of your range bag... I'd say there's a pretty good chance you need to stop and seek some assistance.

and newbies wonder why more experienced folks are so anal about them reading and rereading books.

For some reason the more I read that thread, the more I realise how significant Jack's words in my signature are...

IGF

I have a 2lb hammer in my range bag. But is for pounding my target stands into the ground and too stake down tarps for the brass.

Littlerock 01-12-2010 08:51

tagged

IndyGunFreak 01-12-2010 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebob (Post 14529389)
I have a 2lb hammer in my range bag. But is for pounding my target stands into the ground and too stake down tarps for the brass.

Possible, but he also has a claw hammer in the bag beside the 2lb sledge... I figured he was using that to stake targets..

IGF

JuneyBooney 01-12-2010 08:55

I bet that scared him a bit.:wow:

88_gurgel 01-12-2010 08:57

All I could see when I went was the blood trail on the ground. Bandwidth exceeded...


edit:

now the pics came up... you can see the case head in the action... looks like that hurt just a bit.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.