Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   1st Reloader - Hornady LnL AP (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1172625)

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 20:53

1st Reloader - Hornady LnL AP
 
My buddy has reloaded for me in the past but it was time for me to get my own.I finally set up my AP last night and I love it. I am currently reloading 9mm.
I am using 124gr 9mm w/ 4.2gr of 231( Lyman 49th on the higher end for my Kimber 9mm). Unfortunately for some idiotic reason, I set my AOL to 1.169 which is the max for the 9mm, so I get to have fun pulling 50rds this weekend:dunno:. Live and learn early I guess

Colorado4Wheel 01-18-2010 20:55

If you didn't crimp them you can just push them in a little farther. Another reason to not crimp, just remove the bell.

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 21:13

I did put a crimp as I followed the directions per the Hornady instructions on the DVD

Colorado4Wheel 01-18-2010 21:16

I don't have a DVD? Is that a remove the bell process or dent the bullet?

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 21:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Cw5dkWbTg

thorn137 01-18-2010 21:31

Why is 1.169 not an acceptable length for these rounds - will they not chamber in your gun?

thorn

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorn137 (Post 14573886)
Why is 1.169 not an acceptable length for these rounds - will they not chamber in your gun?

thorn

They get stuck in my g19 mag( I can load a few then the spring gets stuck and I can not load any more and the top round wiggles around in the mag

Boxerglocker 01-18-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRXcelration (Post 14573558)
My buddy has reloaded for me in the past but it was time for me to get my own.I finally set up my AP last night and I love it. I am currently reloading 9mm.
I am using 124gr 9mm w/ 4.2gr of 231( Lyman 49th on the higher end for my Kimber 9mm). Unfortunately for some idiotic reason, I set my AOL to 1.169 which is the max for the 9mm, so I get to have fun pulling 50rds this weekend:dunno:. Live and learn early I guess

Why pull them? The 9mm is a taper case, what is wrong with just reseating them to your desired length and recrimp? BTW, I have a buddy that loads that 124fmj and 231 to 1.130 OAL and that load is pretty damm good.

GioaJack 01-18-2010 21:42

Adjust your seating stem down just a bit, (to the correct OAL) and run one round up into it. If the bullet seats deeper without buckling the case do the rest of them. If there is buckling just pull the bullets with a kinetic bullet puller, re-bell the cases and seat 'em to proper OAL.

Jack

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxerglocker (Post 14573970)
Why pull them? What is wrong with just reseating them to your desired length and recrimp? BTW, I have a buddy that loads that 124fmj and 231 to 1.130 OAL and that load is pretty damm good.

This is all new to me, so can I just readjust the seating die to the proper length and run the rounds through again?
I did notice that there is a little bulge in the casing where you can see the actual bullet but I checked the rounds w/ a Wilson Max-Cartridge gauge and they all fit fine.

Edit - I can post pics if need be but it may be hard to see w/ a camera

Boxerglocker 01-18-2010 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by GioaJack (Post 14573982)
Adjust your seating stem down just a bit, (to the correct OAL) and run one round up into it. If the bullet seats deeper without buckling the case do the rest of them. If there is buckling just pull the bullets with a kinetic bullet puller, re-bell the cases and seat 'em to proper OAL.

Jack


Just like Jack the Jedi Reloading Master says...:supergrin:

WRXcelration 01-18-2010 22:11

OK guys, I will try that tomorrow and will keep you posted. Thanks for helping this reloading noob out. I appreciate it

WRXcelration 01-19-2010 23:52

Well I think I may have to pull them all anyway. I was laying in bed thinking that I loaded 124gr fmj w/ 4.2gr of 231 at an OAL of 1.117. I will have to double check again tomorrow. I cant remember but its bugging me


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.