Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   MDARMS Saiga-12 20-round drums on sale.... $120! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176249)

Javelin 01-26-2010 23:42

MDARMS Saiga-12 20-round drums on sale.... $120!
 
:wow: Seriously....


http://www.mdarms.com/scripts/prodVi...idproduct=1714


By the way, you're welcome ;)

BigDaddyK 01-26-2010 23:51

Isn't that their regular price? I didn't see a sale reference anywhere either.

space_weazel 01-27-2010 02:11

New Lower price, was $250ish up until a day or two ago.

CTfam 01-27-2010 15:44

Hmmm there was NO way I was coughing up $250 for one. This is tempting but I still think I'd rather buy three 12 rounders instead. They do look like fun though...

DonL 01-27-2010 18:03

That's because ProMag just showed off their 12/$103 and 20/$128 round drums at the SHOT Show.....And they both looked nicely made....Time will tell if they work.

Javelin 01-27-2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 14633001)
That's because ProMag just showed off their 12/$103 and 20/$128 round drums at the SHOT Show.....And they both looked nicely made....Time will tell if they work.

But have you ever actually brought a ProMag anything home and found that it worked well?

I'll stick with MDArms b/c at least I know what I am buying.

:dunno:

DonL 01-28-2010 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javelin (Post 14633998)
But have you ever actually brought a ProMag anything home and found that it worked well?

I'll stick with MDArms b/c at least I know what I am buying.

:dunno:

I'm the test case here for the 12rd drum....On order and waiting for delivery. Mike's 20rder is nice...I have one. But, they are not what I would use tactically. If he had a 12rd drum I would buy his....He doesn't so I'm giving ProMag a shot.

stiletto raggio 01-28-2010 15:40

Cameron at Chaos is developing a steel 10 round drum that is supposed to be super compact and feature some sort of fast reloading system. I have some ProMag stick mags that work fine but I bought them only as range toys. The AGPs get my nod for real use. MD is also going to bring out a BSOUBLE STACK stick magazine that will make the single stacks obsolescent if not completely obsolete.

Javelin 01-28-2010 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 14635513)
I'm the test case here for the 12rd drum....On order and waiting for delivery. Mike's 20rder is nice...I have one. But, they are not what I would use tactically. If he had a 12rd drum I would buy his....He doesn't so I'm giving ProMag a shot.

Tactical or not a 20-round drum attached to my 11" Tromix will make short work of damn near anything IMHO. And why not have a couple extra for the hell of it?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/picture....pictureid=1162

You can't bring too much gun I always say. :supergrin:

California Jack 01-29-2010 13:09

Sorry for the ignorant questions:

1-- Does the drum make it harder to comfortably reach the fore-end?

2) What will be the advantage of a 10 rd drum verses a 10 round double stack (when the doulbe stack comes out)?

DrtyHarry 01-29-2010 14:07

One thing about the drum, if you have a folding stock, some of the stocks won't close completely if the drum is on. And why don't they make versions that shoot 3" shells is beyond me. All the same, I got two on the way. :)

DH

1time 01-29-2010 15:17

Re: MDARMS Saiga-12 20-round drums on sale.... $120!
 
I know MD Arms was working on a version that works with the new magwells that have come out. I'm betting he is now has that together and is unloading the old version. I can't believe Matt lowered the price on the only proven drum because of a promag drum.

DonL 01-29-2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by California Jack (Post 14644634)
Sorry for the ignorant questions:

1-- Does the drum make it harder to comfortably reach the fore-end?

2) What will be the advantage of a 10 rd drum verses a 10 round double stack (when the doulbe stack comes out)?

1.....Yes and it's heavy fully loaded....ProMags 12rd drum was very small and would not have those traits.

2.....Smaller vertical profile at best. The flat double stack(I was hoping 12rds) would be easier to carry a bunch in a tactical vest....Best option IMO....And why I mentioned that a 20rd drum is not very tactical.

DonL 01-29-2010 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javelin (Post 14641577)
Tactical or not a 20-round drum attached to my 11" Tromix will make short work of damn near anything IMHO. And why not have a couple extra for the hell of it?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/picture....pictureid=1162

You can't bring too much gun I always say. :supergrin:

I'm with yeah on the short work.....it's the long work where they are just too big. And I'm with yeah on the extras....Especially at $120....Be getting mine soon.

Oh...and NICE Tromix reworked Saiga.....Where's the vertical grip? Someone should make one that can swivel diagonally to either side when using the MD20.

1time 01-30-2010 07:25

I just checked out Saiga12 forum and I was wrong. Matt lowered the price due to the ProMag. Competition is great!

DonL 01-30-2010 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1time (Post 14649347)
I just checked out Saiga12 forum and I was wrong. Matt lowered the price due to the ProMag. Competition is great!

His name is Mike Davidson.

bigdough666 01-30-2010 23:24

Badass, gonna have to get me one now for sure.

Javelin, how does that Eotech hold up on top of your Saiga? Im lookin into optic options as we speak.

1time 01-31-2010 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 14649912)
His name is Mike Davidson.

Wrong twice in the same thread. I need to sleep more.

DrtyHarry 01-31-2010 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdough666 (Post 14654944)
Badass, gonna have to get me one now for sure.

Javelin, how does that Eotech hold up on top of your Saiga? Im lookin into optic options as we speak.

I'm also going to be looking for some glass for my S12, what Eotech do you have on there? Like/dislike? Is that the Chaos quad rail or Halo?? THANKS!

DH

Javelin 01-31-2010 11:12

It is the EO 512 that I got last year. No issues as it is a rugged little piece of engineering. Only gripe I might have is that I wish that the battery life of the AA's would be a little better as they need to be replaced every 6 months of or so of use casual range use.

Rails are the old HALO rails I managed to score before he stopped making them. Now I would definitly recommend the Chaos rails that are being sold albiet they are a little pricey.

:wavey:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.