Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   mossberg 930 tactical problem (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193428)

leadispenser 03-05-2010 20:22

mossberg 930 tactical problem

All - Mine has developed a nasty habit of the spent hull sticking to the interior of the barrel. Thus, the ejector can not remove it and the SG becomes useless.

It is en route to Mossberg for eval and repair. Just curious to see if anyone else has run into a similar problem.

Thx

Ljay 03-05-2010 20:43

Does the type of ammo make any difference, What type are you using?

mixflip 03-05-2010 21:49

We need more details?
What brand and type of ammo?
Reloads? Approximately how many rounds has the gun shot before the FTE?
Did you clean it often or before break in?
What did the ejector look like upon your inspection?

Btw, mine is still runnig cheap bulk bird ammo like water. Taking it out again tomorrow.

frankr 03-06-2010 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadispenser (Post 14884598)
All - Mine has developed a nasty habit of the spent hull sticking to the interior of the barrel. Thus, the ejector can not remove it and the SG becomes useless.

It is en route to Mossberg for eval and repair. Just curious to see if anyone else has run into a similar problem.

Thx

I’m curious to read your answers to mixflip’s questions. I’ve never heard of that problem with the 930 SPX. Remington 870 yes and that was cured by a little polishing of the chamber with a wooden dowel, power drill and some 000 steel wool. Seems like in some cases especially with the 870 Express the chamber maybe just a little rough and the expansion of the brass especially with low power, low brass would get hung up and would not eject. Let us know how you make out.

Mine running same as mixflip, federal 100 shell value pack from Wal-Mart. 3 boxes from the shoulder, last box from the hip. No problems.

DogRanger 03-06-2010 05:52

No problem with mine either, running great. Like to see what Mossberg says about that.

leadispenser 03-06-2010 07:57

All - I use typical 7.5 or 8 winchester bird loads and slugs. The chamber is clean and lubed. It has been broken in and it has by my count at least 400 thru it. Ejector looks good, but i am not an expert in that dept.

Aside from all of the above, why would the shell fuse to the interior of the barrel after it has been shot? That is the real issue.

thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixflip (Post 14885176)
We need more details?
What brand and type of ammo?
Reloads? Approximately how many rounds has the gun shot before the FTE?
Did you clean it often or before break in?
What did the ejector look like upon your inspection?

Btw, mine is still runnig cheap bulk bird ammo like water. Taking it out again tomorrow.

MSgt Dotson 03-06-2010 08:11

chamber should be clean, but maybe not lubed...; your lube might be cooking, acting as makeshift gunk/powder/glue, causing hulls to stick...

leadispenser 03-06-2010 08:23

anything is possible. but the chamber is not wet, just a quick spray now and again.