Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Replacement Trigger Plate Assembly/870 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193627)

SIGShooter 03-06-2010 11:39

Replacement Trigger Plate Assembly/870

Got a quick question for everyone/anyone...

I want to replace the trigger assembly in my 870. No, there is nothing wrong with it, I just wanted a possible upgrade to something a little stronger.

I am looking at the Remington 870 Police Trigger Assembly, Parkerized.

What do you all think about the "Police" model trigger assembly? Do you think it is a bit stronger than the standard 870 trigger?

Are the trigger assembly pins universal? I think they are but I just want to confirm.

Thanks everyone for any help you may have!

SIGShooter 03-07-2010 20:31

Mods

Mods,

Would you mind closing this thread please?

My question has been answered in a different thread. I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

MAX100 03-07-2010 21:56

The 870P trigger guard is made out compressed aluminum powder. The Polymer guard is better in my opinion.

GC

SIGShooter 03-08-2010 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX100 (Post 14897463)
The 870P trigger guard is made out compressed aluminum powder. The Polymer guard is better in my opinion.

GC

After speaking with Remington and doing a bit of research…

They use cast aluminum for their Trigger Assembly Plates (Different than MIM). Cast aluminum is on par with steel parts in strength and rigidity. One of the main reasons they use it with their Police model shotguns is because of the strength and it's longer service life compared to the synthetic Trigger Assembly Plates.

MAX100 03-08-2010 14:30

Quote:

They use cast aluminum for their Trigger Assembly Plates (Different than MIM). Cast aluminum is on par with steel parts in strength and rigidity. One of the main reasons they use it with their Police model shotguns is because of the strength and it's longer service life compared to the synthetic Trigger Assembly Plates.
Items machined from a Billet is stronger than cast materials.
Aluminum billets are either forged into shape or formed using continuous extrusion, either of which process produces a finer, stronger, more uniform grain structure than casting does.

There are different grades of casting as well. The aluminum trigger guards Remington uses on their shotguns and rifles are low quality. It doesn't really matter because both polymer and cast aluminum guards Remington uses get the job done under normal use. I wouldn't pay the price Remington charges for their cast guards.

The steel guards Mossberg use on it's shotguns and rifles are the best.

GC

aippi 03-08-2010 16:26

Polmer 870 trigger plate assemblies are fine. I have them in all my personal 870's. buying a P model trigger plate assembly is a waste of money and yes I sell factory new ones if you don't want to take good advise and buy one.

There is a video from Ruger on my web site www.aiptactical.com it is on the "Build your weapon" page about half way down. It is a drop test on a polmer trigger guard and on a cast metal one. Watch it then decide.

Other then that all the parts are the same in both assemblies except one $3 spring.