Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Smith & Wesson Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   S&W Warranty Work (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1200612)

volsbear 03-23-2010 11:18

S&W Warranty Work

Greetings,

Later today, FedEx Express is picking up my S&W semi-automatic pistol for some warranty work. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what their turn-over time is to get this back to me.

Thanks in advance.

fastbolt 03-24-2010 13:27

LE guns get priority in attention when it comes to a place in line, but as long as any needed parts are in stock (and not awaiting delivery from a vendor) they usually seem to get guns in & out within a couple of weeks. Sometimes faster.

Depends.

Revolver & pistol repair are separate and Walther products usually go to the repair techs in the Walther America building.

Just depends, though.

volsbear 03-24-2010 19:44

Ok, thanks. They really won't be "repairing" anything. A piece of cast steel broke off the barrel/rail assembly. I was told they needed to see it in person just to verify the break and then they'd just send out a brand new barrel/rail piece.

sig2009 03-27-2010 13:17

Mine took 8 days from the day I sent it till the day it returned.

volsbear 03-29-2010 17:48

Thanks for the feedback. They received the package on March 25th. Today (March 29th) I received a letter acknowledging their receipt of the pistol and quoting a 2-3 week turn around. I guess that's pretty good.

Berto 03-30-2010 17:34

I have a few guns that need to go back for tune ups, repairs, etc.
Glad to see S@W is fairly affirmative and keeps you in the loop.

azdick 03-31-2010 12:42

I bought a new M&P9c (it had never been fired & had a test cartridge date of Aug 2009) so it had been in stock for a few months (thumb ambi-safty) which I wanted as it will be one of my instructor guns - and I like the idea of a newbe being able to safe the gun in the event of a malfunction. Took it to the range and on the second shot the epoxy paint white dot front sight disappeared down range. Called S&W on a thursday and explained what had happened -- but the gun functioned flawlessly and I was able to put every round in the 10 ring with no flyers outside of the 8 ring at 7 yards. They said they would send me a shipping label & or a new front sight. They thought the shop might have used a corrosive solvent to clean the outside of the gun for case display. I opted for the sight and it arrived on monday am. Great service!

mike718 04-02-2010 16:18

Does anybody know how long for them to mail you a shipping label to return a firearm back to them? I had called on Tuesday and I am still waiting on it.

fastbolt 04-02-2010 19:11

It's usually pretty quick ... unless something doesn't work out as intended in their computer system. It's not like the cs person with whom you speak mails it from their desk.

I've had a shipping label somehow become lost & wayward. The cs person with whom I was dealing was a bit embarrassed and annoyed ... when I called back he learned I hadn't received the label ... because the computer indicated the request for the slip had been accepted and processed and he had expected it had gone out and already been received by me.

I think they have the ability to email a label, as well, although I prefer to wait for the physical label, myself.

volsbear 04-04-2010 19:59

Took me about four business days to receive the label.

firemedic5595 04-11-2010 22:09

I had my 360PD lock up on me. So I had it shipped back to smith, it took them about 2 weeks to get it back to me.

volsbear 04-12-2010 07:35

Well, I was quoted 2-3 weeks. We're at 3 weeks and 3 days.

fastbolt 04-12-2010 10:07

Bear in mind that sometimes a firearm may be pushed to the front for what S&W considers an emergency when it comes to service/repair. This sort of thing is described in the back of the safety & instruction manual ...

"In the event of an emergency (repairs needed by law enforcement, an upcoming match or hunting trip), call 1-800-331-0852, ext. 2905 and ask for 911 Priority Repair Service. This allows you to speak with a Smith & Wesson representative. Immediately upon receipt, your firearm will be assigned to a gunsmith."

volsbear 04-12-2010 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastbolt (Post 15110607)
Bear in mind that sometimes a firearm may be pushed to the front for what S&W considers an emergency when it comes to service/repair. This sort of thing is described in the back of the safety & instruction manual ...

"In the event of an emergency (repairs needed by law enforcement, an upcoming match or hunting trip), call 1-800-331-0852, ext. 2905 and ask for 911 Priority Repair Service. This allows you to speak with a Smith & Wesson representative. Immediately upon receipt, your firearm will be assigned to a gunsmith."

I have no issue with that. My issue - same as I have with any other service from gun repair to pizza delivery - is that you should provide the service within the time that YOU quote. I can't stand that crap. If it takes 4-5 weeks, tell me it takes 4-5 weeks. Don't tell me 2-3 and then hope for the best.

volsbear 04-12-2010 10:58

Ok, I'll eat the poop now.

I called customer service. It shipped out Friday (3 weeks and 1 day from the date they received it) and I should have it back tomorrow afternoon. They replaced my main problem. They also replaced (on their own) the entire slide, main spring, guide rod, buffer, front site, rear site bridge, and a couple of other things.

I shall now be silent LOL

G33 04-12-2010 13:21

A GPS was also installed in your gun.
:tongueout::wavey:

volsbear 04-12-2010 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by G33 (Post 15111542)
A GPS was also installed in your gun.
:tongueout::wavey:

by Smith and Wesson?.......... yeah... ok, probably.

fastbolt 04-13-2010 00:25

Isn't it always the way things go, though?

You wait and wait ... and then just when you've decided you've waited long enough, it turns out that if you'd waited a moment longer you'd have realzied that everything was happening just as it was supposed to happen. :rofl:

BTDT. ;)

volsbear 04-16-2010 08:28

Received it on Wednesday night and everything looks great. New sight bridge (which is what broke), new slide (which I didn't ask for), new guide rod, new main spring.... and no bill.

stopatrain 04-20-2010 08:28

Two weeks for me.