Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sig Sauer Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   p239 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1261258)

Mike 257 09-05-2010 18:32

p239
 
ok so Im considering selling my G26 to buy a Sig 239. Am I going to be happy ?

mgo 09-05-2010 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 257 (Post 15934897)
ok so Im considering selling my G26 to buy a Sig 239. Am I going to be happy ?

Two different types of pistols. Both are excellent. The Glock is lighter, but not as "safe".

By that I mean....

I put on my pants and buckle the belt. Then, I put the pistol in the holster. (after all, who wants to wrestle your pants up with the weight of a gun in the holster?)

The Sig is safer to slip into the holster because of the longer double action trigger.

Keep the Glock, and buy the Sig too. Enjoy them both. Double the gun, double the fun!

backbore 09-06-2010 05:52

No you won't. I'm a Sig fan. I own 4 of them. The 239 is the only Sig I dislike...a lot. In fact, I haven't held an automatic pistol I dislike more than a 239. Hold one and shoot one. You either love it or hate it.

BTW, I owned a 239/9 for a couple years. Never got used to it. The backstrap is too close to the trigger for some people, like me. So when pulling the trigger it takes a good bit of effort to get that last .001" of travel to send the hammer forward. I put Hogue grips on it, which felt great and fixed the problem, but the grips were so tacky they'd sometimes hang on loose clothing. Then I replaced those with a set of super expensive Nils Grips. Felt great but this was a carry pistol, which means it got banged around a bit. Made me crazy banging those grips. So I traded the thing for a 228 and couldn't be happier.

I've fired a G26 at the range and liked it. Owned a 239 and hated it. Don't buy a gun you gotta "fix". A lotta guys put Hogues and Nils on a 239 and I think it's because they're trying to "fix" an issue they have with the grip.

Try it before you buy it. Dry fire it and make sure you can pull that trigger all the way back without any trouble. Who knows? It may fit your hand perfectly.

Mike 257 09-06-2010 09:33

hmmm..... I going to the shop today Im gonna seriously look into that ?

Glock 17L 09-06-2010 10:34

Have a look at a P225 or P6..
They feel great in the hand..

Mike 257 09-06-2010 10:43

Im looking for the most compact model, is the 225 or the P6 close ?

backbore 09-06-2010 11:43

Yes the P6/225 is close in size to the 239. It's also lighter and much better balanced. Feels great in the hand. The grip is a little longer and the carbon steel slide is lighter than the stainless slide on the 239. If you can carry a 239 then you can carry a P6. Mags are over $40.00 bucks (and not getting cheaper) though so keep that in mind if you go that route.

Scattergun1187 09-06-2010 18:09

I have a Sig 239 in .40S&W and a Glock 27 and love them both. The Sig is DA/SA and the Glock is DA. If your indoor range has them to rent. Rent each and shoot them and see which one you like best. Then make your decision.

Mike 257 09-07-2010 19:40

Well I got to test fire the 239 , I like it a lot . I ordered one for my G/F in 9mm, got myself one in .357 Sig and Im really happy because I found out I could buy the .9mm conversion barrel. I also ordered one for a friend of mine in .357 Sig as well

backbore 09-07-2010 21:16

Glad you tried it and found it to your liking. Enjoy that thing! Shoot the poop outta it.

Mike 257 09-07-2010 21:51

oh yeah , its definitly gonna be my new EDC

rfd339 09-08-2010 19:13

Congrats on the 239's . I own a P239/DAK 40sw and love it . I also own a g27 too with the same respect but I can shoot the P239 better.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...sig220r058.jpg

Mike 257 09-08-2010 20:46

What a nice looking gun, Im gonna order the Nill grips for mine.

Cobra64 09-08-2010 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 257 (Post 15953549)

What a nice looking gun, Im gonna order the Nill grips for mine.

Great ergos on a single stack.



.

Mike 257 09-08-2010 21:14

Very nice Cobra. I sent Nill Griffe a letter asking if they made grips with the Sig Sauer Logo, they told me they didnt do that but when Im ready to order I should contact them so could tell them if I want a lighter or darker grain set of grips. I thought that was pretty cool.

Cobra64 09-08-2010 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 257 (Post 15953738)
Very nice Cobra. I sent Nill Griffe a letter asking if they made grips with the Sig Sauer Logo, they told me they didnt do that but when Im ready to order I should contact them so could tell them if I want a lighter or darker grain set of grips. I thought that was pretty cool.

Thanks.

Nill did make Sig logo grips at one time.



.

Mike 257 09-08-2010 21:52

Oh damm those are nice, Im gonna re email him and mention that

Mike 257 09-08-2010 21:54

Here is the letter he sent me
Hello Michael,
first of all let us thank you for your interest in our high quality grips 100% Made in Germany.
Directly we can support you with our different grips without the SIG Sauer logo. Please have a look to our internet shop at www.nill-shop.com

For the versions with the SIG Sauer logo we would like to ask you to directly contact SIG Sauer as for trademark reasons we are not allowed to market them directly.

U.S. Headquarters

SIG SAUER, Inc.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Phone: 603-772-2302
Fax: 603-772-9082
http://www.sigsauer.com

Mike 257 09-08-2010 21:57

Here is a second letter I received
Dear Michael,
you are very welcome.
Once you are ready just let me know as it would be a pleasure for us to pick out a lighter or darker colored grips due to your preferences in order that you will really like it.
Best regards from Germany
Yours sincerely
Hendrik Giessler
Karl Nill GmbH

Cobra64 09-08-2010 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 257 (Post 15954011)
Here is the letter he sent me
Hello Michael,
first of all let us thank you for your interest in our high quality grips 100% Made in Germany.
Directly we can support you with our different grips without the SIG Sauer logo. Please have a look to our internet shop at www.nill-shop.com

For the versions with the SIG Sauer logo we would like to ask you to directly contact SIG Sauer as for trademark reasons we are not allowed to market them directly.

U.S. Headquarters

SIG SAUER, Inc.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Phone: 603-772-2302
Fax: 603-772-9082
http://www.sigsauer.com

Leave Exeter out of the picture for now. Contact KN Nill directly with the shots of my 232.



Before I bought Nill grips for my 232, 239, and 229, I requested a rear shot of the grips so that I could see the palm swell profile.

Germany responded with this:


As an accomodation, Nill may carve some lumber with the Sig logo for you. ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.