Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GATE Gun Refinishing Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Refinish a Sig P239 frame? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266611)

dakotasdad 09-20-2010 16:52

Refinish a Sig P239 frame?
 
Hey there,

I just picked up a P239 for a song a few days ago from the fun shop and upon closer inspection I discovered that there is some wear to the white in a couple spots on the frame rails.

Its not a deal breaker, but I was thinking about having the frame refinished and possibly the slide as well. Suggestions? Recommendations?


Thanks!
Anthony

RobarGuns 09-21-2010 16:19

Anthony,

In my experience, the only type of finish that will not eventually show wear on the frame rails is a plating like nickel or chrome. Even better would be a plating that provides lubricity such as nickel boron nitride or nickel teflon. Hope that helps.

SmokeJumper 09-22-2010 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotasdad (Post 16018313)
Hey there,

I just picked up a P239 for a song a few days ago from the fun shop and upon closer inspection I discovered that there is some wear to the white in a couple spots on the frame rails.

Its not a deal breaker, but I was thinking about having the frame refinished and possibly the slide as well. Suggestions? Recommendations?


Thanks!
Anthony

PM and E-MAIL sent with a bit of info. I was not certain if posting it here would be appropriate due to the length.

John

dakotasdad 09-23-2010 06:06

RobarGuns,

thanks for the leads on the processes that I should be looking into. Very much appreciated!


SmokeJumper,

I read the messages you sent and all I can say is Wow! That was easily the most informative and helpful message I've ever read here.

Thank you for taking the time to put together all that information and the link to CCR's website!

I have saved the CCR website into my favorites for future use! I think a phone call is in order soon to get the details ironed out.

And on another note, I do have other firearms to entertain me when the P239goes to CCR, so I shouldn't miss it too much should I? Well, maybe a little!

Thanks again
Anthony

JasonC8301 01-14-2011 04:08

May I get a copy of that e-mail?

My Sig P226 has seen better days and I was debating what to do with it. I was thinking about having the Sig Custom Shop do their nitron to it again but always interested in other options.

Thanks

dakotasdad 01-14-2011 14:19

[QUOTE=JasonC8301;16662601]May I get a copy of that e-mail?

Jason,
I sent you the original email I received from smokejumper. Check your PM's.

Good luck!
Anthony

Never Nervous 02-05-2011 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotasdad (Post 16031932)
RobarGuns,

thanks for the leads on the processes that I should be looking into. Very much appreciated!


SmokeJumper,

I read the messages you sent and all I can say is Wow! That was easily the most informative and helpful message I've ever read here.

Thank you for taking the time to put together all that information and the link to CCR's website!

I have saved the CCR website into my favorites for future use! I think a phone call is in order soon to get the details ironed out.

And on another note, I do have other firearms to entertain me when the P239goes to CCR, so I shouldn't miss it too much should I? Well, maybe a little!

Thanks again
Anthony

Hello to all.
SmokeJumper this is my first time in this forum and the subject is right on what I am looking for. I have a Sig P6 police trade in with a date of 1979. Lots of slide wear and the grips are worn but very clean inside. Thought of sending it back Sig but would like to view other options. If you don't mind would you share your email with me? Thanks. Think I need to come in here more often.

NN

dakotasdad 02-07-2011 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Nervous (Post 16816946)
Hello to all.
SmokeJumper this is my first time in this forum and the subject is right on what I am looking for. I have a Sig P6 police trade in with a date of 1979. Lots of slide wear and the grips are worn but very clean inside. Thought of sending it back Sig but would like to view other options. If you don't mind would you share your email with me? Thanks. Think I need to come in here more often.

NN

Hey Never Nervous!
I sent you the email SmokeJumper sent me originally to help you with one option.

Good luck!
Anthony

erik179x19 04-02-2012 17:49

Any pics of the wear on that P239 OP? I just acquired one and want to be sure to keep an eye out for potential problems.

g29cc 04-02-2012 18:36

Holy thread revival.... ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.