Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Free Fire Zone (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Finally in the NFA Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1274347)

chemcmndr 10-13-2010 19:29

Finally in the NFA Club

Well, it's official, I've finally joined the NFA club. I got my tax stamp in the mail and I got to put it together. It's an AT-94K SBR in 9mm.

I can already tell it's going to be an expensive addiction...

DustyJacket 10-13-2010 19:32

Once you start..........

I have a RRA LAR-9 pistol on order. When it gets here I have a can for it and in a year or 2 I'll SBR that. When will the sicknesss stop?

Fireman1291 10-14-2010 06:20

Very cool, welcome to the club. Hold on, its gonna be a wild ride. I started in early 2009 and now have 8 suppressors and a AOW. Im leaning towards SBRing one of my AR's and then doing a build like yours and ill be done for awhile.........i think. lol

Did you have to do anything for your conversion to work or just buy the AT-94 K version and slap on the K grip and PDW stock, register and bingo????

r2kba 10-14-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemcmndr (Post 16138794)
Well, it's official, I've finally joined the NFA club. I got my tax stamp in the mail and I got to put it together. It's an AT-94K SBR in 9mm.

I can already tell it's going to be an expensive addiction...

Neat! Thats the only way I could afford anything that resembles that type of machinegun.

I've bee in in the NFA game for over 10 years now and it's something that will keep you hooked for many years. It's a lot of fun.

chemcmndr 10-14-2010 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman1291 (Post 16140545)
Very cool, welcome to the club. Hold on, its gonna be a wild ride. I started in early 2009 and now have 8 suppressors and a AOW. Im leaning towards SBRing one of my AR's and then doing a build like yours and ill be done for awhile.........i think. lol

Did you have to do anything for your conversion to work or just buy the AT-94 K version and slap on the K grip and PDW stock, register and bingo????

Well, I bought the K grip and a Choate side folding stock. When I went to put them on, the stock wouldn't go on very well and the K grip didn't go on as easily as I would have liked. After a few hours of very careful sanding with a Dremmel tool on the grip and on the stock, I got them to fit like a glove.

I've already got a YHM Mite .22 suppressor on order, and I've got an AR lower that I'm going to register and build an 11.5" 5.56mm rifle. I would really love to find the MKE AT-94P and build an MP5A3 SBR. Oh well, just another thing to look forward to I guess.

8th SPS USAF 10-21-2010 10:46

Nfa

I also have a YHM 22 Mite on order. I am waiting for my stamp for my

RRA SBR 9mm. I have a "can" for it already. Having a 10/22 bbl and my

Sig 220 22 conv being threaded. NFA was fun when the guns were cheaper.

Still fun with SBR , AOW, "cans"

8th