Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sig Sauer Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Explain DAK to me please (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281810)

gatorglockman 11-05-2010 22:04

Explain DAK to me please

Anyone care to explain. Is it a DAO? Any benefit or short comings?

Thanks!

Cobra64 11-06-2010 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorglockman (Post 16254673)

Anyone care to explain. Is it a DAO? Any benefit or short comings?

Thanks!

Here's a great explanation by SigForum member Sigfreund.

gatorglockman 11-06-2010 07:21

Thank you Cobra. I just started to frequent that site. Good sight but not as easy to segment and navigate as GT or others. I appreciate the insight.

Great explanation. I found a sale on some DAK 226's but had never put my physical hands on a DAK pistol. Sounds like basically a fancy DAO to me. While I love Glocks, I am not a big DAO fan. Interesting spin on how/why Sig could not retro or improve the classic line to better compete with Glock.

I really took a hard look at the P250 but could not warm up to its' trigger system. It sounds like the DAK is a more traditional version of that feel.

I will try to get my grubby paws on one at some point.

Any GT'er out there a DAK fan???

OXCOPS 11-06-2010 10:57

I carried one on duty for a few years. I switched from a 229 DA/SA in .357SIG to a 226DAK in the same caliber. I really liked the system. When I had several other officers run both guns through a combat course to compare, they all liked the DAK over the traditional DA/SA.

I still have the DAK and don't plan on parting with it.

gatorglockman 11-06-2010 21:58

Thanks for the info.

Liquid 11-06-2010 22:47

i am not a fan of sigs dak. my first sig was a 226st in .40. then i get a 229 dak in 9mm. i am not a fan of it at all. i ended up buying a 226 st 9mm. i would love to get regular non dak componets for my 229 in ss.

8th SPS USAF 11-07-2010 11:38

Dak

DAK trigger pull is about 6/8 lbs and orig DAO was about 12lbs as per

Sig. I love the DAK due to a DA rev shooter/KAHR shooter

8th

G33 11-07-2010 12:42

Have the DAK SAS in .357/.40.
Love the trigger pull.
Next best was the HK LEM.
:supergrin:

parisdakar 11-22-2010 21:53

Dak Questions answered

The Dak system on Sigs makes the trigger similar to a double action only revolver. It is a long reset long pull trigger. It is the same every time you pull it and for LEO has accidental discharge advantages.It can be smoothed to give around a six pound trigger pull , but there is no single action position available.I am a SIG Armorer and have worked on all types of SIGS and like the DAK ok, but feel it is not as good as the conventional SA/DA set up or the single action only. The best to me is a short reset trigger kit with a short trigger . The double action pulls on SIGS can be smoothed to around 8-9 pounds and with the short reset kit the single action is great. You can also shoot much faster with the single action or the short reset double action single action set up. Precision shooting is far better with the single action triggers or the double action single action in the single action position.