Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Survival/Preparedness Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   What have you done this week 2011 to prepare? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296350)

DoctaGlockta 12-20-2010 17:53

What have you done this week 2011 to prepare?
 
Happy early New Year Gentlemen!

We are close to the end of 2010. Wondering what plans some have for 2011?

I'm going to work on my skill sets in 2011. Probably get a pilots license or begin working towards it. My partner is a commercial pilot so he can hook me up with a great instructor and plan.

bdcochran 12-20-2010 18:01

This week
 
I finished listing MAC10 parts, Ruger Mini 14 parts, Ruger .45 single action parts, and Remington 700 bdl coyler magazines on web sites this am. I am downsizing the parts. Sold some HK91/G3 items this am by internet. I decided to set aside about 12 assorted .45 auto barrels for a future gun show. It is too much of a hassle to have to answer emails about match barrels.

I finished going through the extra tools and putting them aside for my older brother who just retired. I don't mind keeping doubles on tools, but triples are too much. He will also pick up some cases of 38 special reloads from me. I finally decided no more reloads, just factory ammo in the future.

I ordered completion screws for a half dozen 870/1100 sidesaddles that will be sold at gun shows.

I have disposed of the equivalent of the a three car garage of personal items this year. I had planned to do it later in life, but the opportunity has presented itself. Any cash generated has gone into other preps.

jokeruh 12-20-2010 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta (Post 16494542)
Wondering what plans some have for 2010?

If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year. :upeyes:

DoctaGlockta 12-20-2010 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokeruh (Post 16494875)
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year. :upeyes:

:rofl:

DoctaGlockta 12-20-2010 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokeruh (Post 16494875)
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year. :upeyes:

Who died and made you the date Gestapo?

Akita 12-20-2010 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokeruh (Post 16494875)
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year. :upeyes:

Vanity if you ask me.

Cajunmudman 12-20-2010 20:15

Planted an Owari Satsuma tree out back. Along with growing straberry patch and pepermint plants. Once the blackberries are planted, we will have nearly year round fruit, berries and tea.

Grayson 12-20-2010 20:50

http://cobolhacker.com/images/drwho/...tor_tardis.jpg
I've used my handy TARDIS to jump ahead to 2011 and get started on my 2011 preps over 10 days early, w00t! :D

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...y_GuyFlash.gif

jokeruh 12-20-2010 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta (Post 16495379)
Who died and made you the date Gestapo?

Glenn Beck did :cool:



http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

jokeruh 12-20-2010 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akita (Post 16495383)
Vanity if you ask me.

That's what I was thinking

jokeruh 12-20-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayson (Post 16495668)
http://cobolhacker.com/images/drwho/...tor_tardis.jpg
I've used my handy TARDIS to jump ahead to 2011 and get started on my 2011 preps over 10 days early, w00t! :D

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...y_GuyFlash.gif


:supergrin:

kirgi08 12-20-2010 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokeruh (Post 16494875)
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year. :upeyes:

Since yer kinda new,we have a contest every year in the S/P as ta whom would start the next years thread.

Granted someone jumped the shark.'08. :fist: :rant:

LASTRESORT20 12-20-2010 22:32

Buying a New Jeep Wrangler 4 door & a few more `smaller` "toys".....Improving my money making skills...

lawman800 12-20-2010 22:53

In a few months, I will cut down my expenses so I can put more into savings... or toys... or precious metals like gold and lead encased in brass.

No special preps more than what I have already been doing all along buying dry goods, MRE, Mountain House cans, and water. Not too worried about gas. There are 2 gas stations within a few blocks that I am going to loot as soon as it gets to that point.:supergrin:

kirgi08 12-20-2010 23:40

:rofl:

nightwolf1974 12-21-2010 16:12

we bought bee-keeping and candle making starters kits for my mother for x-mas. i bought some more Fed. 22lr. & Wolf 9mm ammo. bought a crank up lantern for my gf for x-mas. bought my sister a compound bow for x-mas. bought some more AR and 1911 parts. bought a SA GI ss 1911A1 & RIA Tactical for myself. bought more lures for my gf for x-mas. since the dates are being played with here, this is all in Dec.

g27_mengi 12-21-2010 16:28

Been a long time since I've responded here. Years, I think.

What have I been doing? I'll recap, quickly:

1. Selling crap I don't need (a constant process)
2. Getting my soul in shape, and trying to be more like this Jesus guy... (I suck at this, but I'm trying)
3. Getting my body in shape: 3 half-marathons last year and uncounted hours and hours with the iron and the bicycle.

Hope all of you have been well, and hope each and every one of you are blessed with peace this fine Christmas season.

DoctaGlockta 12-29-2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirgi08 (Post 16496112)
Since yer kinda new,we have a contest every year in the S/P as ta whom would start the next years thread.

Granted someone jumped the shark.'08. :fist: :rant:

'Jumped the shark'? or 'Prepared'? - This is a preparedness forum correct? :cool:

JK-linux 12-29-2010 10:34

Final payments on my Discover and Master Cards to zero out the year. Sold off last of my odd caliber firearms. Looking into getting a nice simple 3 month stash of food/water set aside. I'd say I'm quitting smoking on the first of the year, but that would jinx it.

volsbear 12-29-2010 10:58

Can you count reading and research as preps? That's been what I've been doing most of. Trying to get that age-old question answered, "where do I start?"

Thinking of doing a garden this year. There's obvious cost savings and ability to feed in a crisis issues there, but also I thought it would be a fun thing to do with my son who will be four in May. We also have a baby due in May so a few extra pennies here and there wouldn't hurt.

I really just need to organize. I read a lot of these threads and when it comes to the basics, I'm always saying "Hey I have that/those." But we live in a small house with bad storage so the crap that I do have is scattered around, unorganized.

So I need to organize, prioritize, take inventories, etc. I also have a buttload of stuff I need to peddle off in a garage sale or other venue. And if baby #2 turns out to be a girl (which we found out in 3.5 hours today), I'll have a ton of boys' clothes and toys I can throw into that garage sale pile.

RED64CJ5 12-29-2010 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by g27_mengi (Post 16499812)
Been a long time since I've responded here. Years, I think.

What have I been doing? I'll recap, quickly:

1. Selling crap I don't need (a constant process)
2. Getting my soul in shape, and trying to be more like this Jesus guy... (I suck at this, but I'm trying)
3. Getting my body in shape: 3 half-marathons last year and uncounted hours and hours with the iron and the bicycle.

Hope all of you have been well, and hope each and every one of you are blessed with peace this fine Christmas season.

Sounds like you and I are in line. I am not as far along as you in step 3, but I am working on getting there.

PrO... 12-29-2010 16:39

I gave my fingerprints to my local sheriff's office for a background check to get my CCW...does that count?

DoctaGlockta 12-29-2010 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrO... (Post 16545377)
I gave my fingerprints to my local sheriff's office for a background check to get my CCW...does that count?

I would say so.

wrenrj1 12-29-2010 19:20

I have carbo/protein loaded on turkey, yams, corn casserole, stuffing, to the extent that I'm good through March without eating a single meal. I have also done the same with the terriers who act as my early warning system. A Trader Joe's has opened less than a mile away. I plan to make that my base of operations, as I like their frozen fish, and their employees will make for a supplemental food source, just wash them first...

lawman800 12-29-2010 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK-linux (Post 16543261)
Final payments on my Discover and Master Cards to zero out the year. Sold off last of my odd caliber firearms. Looking into getting a nice simple 3 month stash of food/water set aside. I'd say I'm quitting smoking on the first of the year, but that would jinx it.

If SHTF, I would max out my cards beforehand. Why pay off the credit cars and deplete your cash when the world is coming to an end? Max out on supplies. Survive. Endure. Adapt. Overcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrO... (Post 16545377)
I gave my fingerprints to my local sheriff's office for a background check to get my CCW...does that count?

You done git it now, boyeee! When the Cubans and Russians start parachuting into your town, they're going to find all the 4473 forms and the CCW permit registry and come after you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenrj1 (Post 16546610)
I have carbo/protein loaded on turkey, yams, corn casserole, stuffing, to the extent that I'm good through March without eating a single meal. I have also done the same with the terriers who act as my early warning system. A Trader Joe's has opened less than a mile away. I plan to make that my base of operations, as I like their frozen fish, and their employees will make for a supplemental food source, just wash them first...

Traders is good. I love their fresh apple juice but can't say for sure how their employees would taste. The ones here are all young kids that don't look too healthy nor thrilled to be there.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.