Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religious Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Who was Melchizedek? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342821)

achysklic 05-15-2011 09:58

Who was Melchizedek?

The identity of Melchisedek has been the subject of much debate over the centuries. Some have claimed he was a theophany, others a literal human being, an angel, the pre-incarnate Christ, Shem, and the list of speculation goes on.

I did a study on this and from what I gathered from scripture I am sure I now know who he was. I really learnt alot from this study.

I would like to know other imput on who they think he was?

Brasso 05-15-2011 10:34

He was the Righteous King (Malchi Tzadok) of Salem (Shalom - Peace), the name of Jerusalem before it was known as Jerusalem. I haven't given a lot of time to who he was. I tend to think there was a good chance he was Shem.

You haven't told us who you think he was yet.

What I find more interesting is that Abraham broke bread and had wine with him.

If you want another interesting study, look at the meaning of Jerusalem.

Vic Hays 05-15-2011 14:04

Melchizedek's importance was because he had no recorded ancestry or lineage therefore he could be a type of Christ who has no beginning or end.

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God:...................

He was not Christ because that section of Hebrews continues and speaks of Melchizedek's priesthood as being separate from the Levitical priesthood :

Hebrews 7:14-16 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning the priesthood. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchizedek there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

achysklic 05-15-2011 14:14

After alot of study, I believe he was Jesus before he was made flesh. We knew him as the word or logos, in Abrams day they knew him as Melchizedek. There are verse that prove he could not have been a human therefore not Shem.

Vic Hays 05-15-2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by achysklic (Post 17349855)
After alot of study, I believe he was Jesus before he was made flesh. We knew him as the word or logos, in Abrams day they knew him as Melchizedek. There are verse that prove he could not have been a human therefore not Shem.

It is probably that there is no recorded ancestry or descent that he is even mentioned by the writer of Hebrews. Abraham saw the pre existent Lord and recognized Him as such.

Genesis 18:1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

He prepared and offered food to Him and two others accompanying Him.

kjm1016 05-15-2011 15:03

Are you sure that Mel Chizedek wasn't Bob Chizedek's brother? :devildance:

rgregoryb 05-15-2011 16:40

I thought he played third base for the Yankees

rgregoryb 05-15-2011 16:42

he can be anybody you want him to be.....................apparently