Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   60 min Sovereign Citizens (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342933)

Spydermonkey 05-15-2011 18:23

60 min Sovereign Citizens
 
This was on tonight, vid link in case anyone missed it


60 Mins Sovereign Citizens Video

golls17 05-15-2011 18:32

Tagged for later.

In the academy, we watched a video about Sovereign Citizens and a few things to keep in mind that might point to them (fake plates, strange legal papers, etc.). Scary stuff.

Krauty 05-15-2011 19:08

Very good episode.

Rohniss 05-15-2011 19:38

Our CLC's this year were geared towards them.

Watching the video...

ETA:

Read the Article too... Superb...

Like the Chief I might even like it if these bozos decide to come after me physically... My only concern is that they are like Super Zombies... No Hearts... Or Brains... 40mm time?

meeko 05-15-2011 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohniss (Post 17351497)
Our CLC's this year were geared towards them.

Watching the video...

ETA:

Read the Article too... Superb...

Like the Chief I might even like it if these bozos decide to come after me physically... My only concern is that they are like Super Zombies... No Hearts... Or Brains... 40mm time?


I deal with them in the Federal Buearu of Prisons. They are some of the most crying inmates I have ever seen. Although they are dangerous on the street. They normally don't come after you physically at first. They try to scare you into submission by overwelming you with a lot of fake forms etc. They even have filed UCC liens on GOV and prison officials thinking that will win their relese. They get 5 more years for doing it but they are all knuckle heads and think they are onto something.

If your department does not offer training on them I would recommend going somewhere to get some. A lot more people are "adopting" that ideology. And they are very dangerous.

mrsurfboard 05-15-2011 23:54

I'm pretty sure a few of the Open Carry crowd over in the "Carry Issues" forum belong to this movement or at the very least share many of their beliefs.

El_Ron1 05-16-2011 00:17

60 Minutes... friend of America.

OldCurlyWolf 05-16-2011 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsurfboard (Post 17352554)
I'm pretty sure a few of the Open Carry crowd over in the "Carry Issues" forum belong to this movement or at the very least share many of their beliefs.


That is a rather Broad Brush. That is like saying that a few bad LEO'S make all LEO's bad. I know that isn't an accurate statement. Neither is yours.

Hack 05-16-2011 02:13

I have been hearing about this stuff for quite some time now. It's no joke, and I take it very seriously. Some of these people are more than willing to show us what death is like; very dangerous people.

mrsurfboard 05-16-2011 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf (Post 17352658)
That is a rather Broad Brush. That is like saying that a few bad LEO'S make all LEO's bad. I know that isn't an accurate statement. Neither is yours.

That's why I said a few over there, not most, all or any resemblance of the same. If you followed some of the anti cop, anti government posters over there, you would agree with me.

Navy HMC 05-16-2011 02:59

Honest question here: Why are these oxygen theives tolerated? In all curiosity, is hter any - even a thread of legitamacy to their actions? And since I assume that the answer to question is "NO!!!", Why not go after them when they do something stupid and illegal? That I know of, at least 2 officers have been shot and killed by these morons and a number more have been involved in shootouts with them.

Guys, it's a matter of survival, why let them stay on the street if there are good charges against them. Fraud comes to mind with the leins they do...

Oh, and happy National Law Enfocrement day though a little late.

Rohniss 05-16-2011 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsurfboard (Post 17352745)
That's why I said a few over there, not most, all or any resemblance of the same. If you followed some of the anti cop, anti government posters over there, you would agree with me.

I agree with you.

Quote:

Guys, it's a matter of survival, why let them stay on the street if there are good charges against them. Fraud comes to mind with the leins they do...
Agreed...

Lots of laws out there you can arrest a known dirtbag for... and if they resist... Happy Times...

Quote:

I deal with them in the Federal Buearu of Prisons. They are some of the most crying inmates I have ever seen. Although they are dangerous on the street. They normally don't come after you physically at first. They try to scare you into submission by overwelming you with a lot of fake forms etc. They even have filed UCC liens on GOV and prison officials thinking that will win their relese. They get 5 more years for doing it but they are all knuckle heads and think they are onto something.

If your department does not offer training on them I would recommend going somewhere to get some. A lot more people are "adopting" that ideology. And they are very dangerous.
Yeah I'm pretty well versed in the Sovereign ****izen Movement... They've got a "church" round about these parts and are frequent guests at our establishment... Like I said the CLC's this year were about them, presented by DHS...

In my estimation they are traitors or a "mad dog" and need to be dealt with as such... But alas, its a kinder gentler country we have nowadays... even in Alabama... *sigh*

BlackPaladin 05-16-2011 05:49

Looks like a good group to get rid of, by any means.

Morris 05-16-2011 11:15

Had one wander into court a few weeks ago. Got shot down quick from what I heard. :)

Kegs 05-16-2011 11:24

Hey thanks for posting this link - I missed 60 minutes last night because I was at a Michigan militia/sovereign citizen/open carry meeting.

Morris 05-16-2011 11:37

Quote:

because I was at a Michigan militia/sovereign citizen/open carry meeting
In other words, a sewing party?

Kegs 05-16-2011 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris (Post 17353951)
In other words, a sewing party?

That would be SEWING PARTY. come on get it right. :rofl:

Patchman 05-16-2011 19:29

Quote:

I'm pretty sure a few of the Open Carry crowd over in the "Carry Issues" forum belong to this movement or at the very least share many of their beliefs.
I would just say that I would not be surprised.

But sharing beliefs or having membership is not crossing the line. No matter what others do, LE plays by the rules. Be careful of overarching statements. Always remember that although justice grinds on slowly, it grinds on.

OldCurlyWolf 05-16-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsurfboard (Post 17352745)
That's why I said a few over there, not most, all or any resemblance of the same. If you followed some of the anti cop, anti government posters over there, you would agree with me.

I actually post on OC.org quite often, I am a former LEO and I do NOT agree with you.

kirgi08 05-16-2011 22:25

tagged.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.