Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   LE rep as shooters... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346975)

BamaTrooper 06-02-2011 12:47

LE rep as shooters...

could use some help if anyone is near Knoxville TN this weekend. GSSF match there and if you are a Glock shooter, you could enter and shoot. 107 rds max per category. Bring your duty gun, no longslides or comp'd models in the amatuer guardian category.

lethal tupperwa 06-02-2011 14:00

also no lights

Dragoon44 06-02-2011 14:59

Don't know who you think you're foolin, everybody knows cops can't shoot.

:tongueout::rofl:

BamaTrooper 06-02-2011 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 17437606)

For the most part, the guys showing up (they could be military or firefighters:whistling:) are proving that to be true. :tongueout:

Patchman 06-02-2011 18:56

I wonder if somebody on GT can arrange for Glock Inc. to sponsor a GSSF match at or near their facility in GA, for the CI/CT regulars?

BamaTrooper 06-02-2011 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchman (Post 17438697)
I wonder if somebody on GT can arrange for Glock Inc. to sponsor a GSSF match at or near their facility in GA, for the CI/CT regulars?

There is a match in Conyers in September. Maybe we can get a GT-CI/CT Challenge going? Sign in with your real name and screen name. If you are the top shot from master stock, am guardian or am civ, you get the prize? Maybe sign up and pony up 5 extra bucks for a side-pot prize?

EOD3 06-02-2011 23:01

Quote:

Shoot, yes... Hitting anything is another matter. :supergrin: :worried:

ede 06-03-2011 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 17439171)
There is a match in Conyers in September. Maybe we can get a GT-CI/CT Challenge going? Sign in with your real name and screen name. If you are the top shot from master stock, am guardian or am civ, you get the prize? Maybe sign up and pony up 5 extra bucks for a side-pot prize?

Dawsonville is in July and Griffin in Feb. Conyers also has the Noyes shoot house. The shoot house might be a good place for a side match, however the scores aren't posted so you'd all need to use the honor system when reporting your scores.

With all the GSSF has going on at Conyers it might be difficult for them to put together a match within a match. Talking to some of the GSSF staff they're thinking there'll be close to 1000 entrys plus dealing with the Gunny Challenge plus Travis Tritt and Gunny.

Roadkill_751 06-03-2011 07:02

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 17439171)

Hey Bama,

If you get that match approved in Mobile, and since it is at a L.E. training range you might be able to make that Challenge to happen. Plus, it would give you ample time to plan it out and get the word out.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Roadkill

P.S. I will be at Knoxville in the morning.

Roadkill_751 06-03-2011 07:04

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EOD3 (Post 17439783)
Shoot, yes... Hitting anything is another matter. :supergrin: :worried:

I use the spray and pray method. It is usually fire for effect and show. :rofl:

A6Gator 06-03-2011 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadkill_751 (Post 17440489)
I use the spray and pray method. It is usually fire for effect and show. :rofl:

You mean accuracy by volume? :supergrin:

Patchman 06-03-2011 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadkill_751 (Post 17440477)
Hey Bama,

If you get that match approved in Mobile, and since it is at a L.E. training range you might be able to make that Challenge to happen. Plus, it would give you ample time to plan it out and get the word out.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Roadkill

Yeah, this. Enough lead time to schedule a couple of days off, etc...
Maybe sometime in 2012? And maybe a fundraiser for GT? I'll throw in a few T-shirts and caps as raffle prizes.

PS. Where the heck is Alabama anyway? :)

Bren 06-04-2011 06:39

Quote:

That's why they have a separate division for them and they also give away guns by random drawing for the people who can't shoot. My brother won a free Glock 17 in his first match in Am. Guardian.