Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   New TLR-1 on my G23 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370046)

carloglock19 09-17-2011 13:57

New TLR-1 on my G23
 
I like the versatility of my new TLR-1. I can mount it on all my railed handguns and also on my railed rifles.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...5-09_299-1.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...5-27_718-1.jpg

Edmo01 09-17-2011 20:46

I bought mine with the thought it would go on my bed side Glock, however it ended up on my Mossberg!

They make great lights.

Edmo

FLglockdude 09-17-2011 20:48

I've got one on my M&P and it's great. Would definitely recommend it.

wolf19r 09-17-2011 20:52

Ive got mine on my G23. Its super bright and doesn't add a lot of weight.

M2 Carbine 09-17-2011 21:25

I've had good luck with Streamlight. I have about six of them on a 22 to shotguns. I favor the TLR-2 laser/light though.

Shooting a Streamlight TLR-2 equipped Winchester Defender 12 ga this evening. Can't miss with that laser.:)

Glock40man 09-17-2011 21:41

They are great lights.

bac1023 09-17-2011 23:01

Congrats! :cool:

shark_za 09-17-2011 23:09

Great light, congrats.
Just make sure your G23 is reliable with it on before you keep it like that for "serious" circumstances.

carloglock19 09-18-2011 02:17

Thanks for all the great feedback. I've decided to keep it mounted on my M&P. 357sig for now since that's the only one of my handguns I was able to test shoot with it attached, on my nightstand now. I will post some picks later to show how it looks with the MOE cantilever mount on my AR.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

racer88 09-18-2011 08:24

Many of us (myself included), had reliability issues with the TLR-1 mounted to the G23. Failures to feed. But, I did find the solution here on GT. The issue is the stock magazine springs. I changed them over to Glockmeister extra power mag springs, and the problem was eliminated.

I own two TLR-1s. Great lights at a reasonable price.

carloglock19 09-18-2011 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer88 (Post 17932697)
Many of us (myself included), had reliability issues with the TLR-1 mounted to the G23. Failures to feed. But, I did find the solution here on GT. The issue is the stock magazine springs. I changed them over to Glockmeister extra power mag springs, and the problem was eliminated.

I own two TLR-1s. Great lights at a reasonable price.

Yup I remember that thread. The G23 is my CCW and the only thing I have on it are Glock night sights my preference of course. I shot my M&P .357sig with the TLR-1 attached without a problem so I will keep it on there primarily with the only exception being if I get the itch to put it on my AR. I bought it at my local NEX with a coupon and no tax so yeah great price for me. Thanks for the heads up and for the links.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

racer88 09-18-2011 11:50

Ah... you're Navy, carloglock19. Thanks for your service. Fair winds and following seas. :)

I served in the Navy 1988 - 1991. 1 year shore command at Naval Station San Diego. 2 years on USS Independence CV-62.

Funny, though... about the TLR-1 / G23 issue. Now that I fixed it, I'm probably going to move my TLR-1 over to my FNP-45T and make that my primary HD pistol.
This thing is SWEEEEEET!
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...T-RMR_0002.jpg

carloglock19 09-18-2011 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer88 (Post 17933338)
Ah... you're Navy, carloglock19. Thanks for your service. Fair winds and following seas. :)

I served in the Navy 1988 - 1991. 1 year shore command at Naval Station San Diego. 2 years on USS Independence CV-62.

Funny, though... about the TLR-1 / G23 issue. Now that I fixed it, I'm probably going to move my TLR-1 over to my FNP-45T and make that my primary HD pistol.
This thing is SWEEEEEET!
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...T-RMR_0002.jpg

Thanks for serving as well. Yeah Im really liking the light, now I just have to make up my mind to keep it on the M&P :) My last tour was on a CVN now Im enjoying some shore duty then another IA tour and that should leave me with 2 years left prior to moving on to the civilian sector.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

carloglock19 09-19-2011 16:23

Here are a few pics of how the TLR-1 looks on my AR, just in case anyone is thinking about going the same route. I used the MOE cantilever rail piece. Enjoy! :cool:

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1316470626

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1316470715

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1316470778

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...06-16_20-1.jpg

Haldor 09-19-2011 20:28

Great light. I have one on my G17 nightstand gun. I sure wish the paperwork for my suppressor would show up. That will make a stellar home defense gun.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_1353.jpg

Here is my suppressor on my pistol on visiting day (it is locked up at my dealer until the ATF says OK).

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_1418.jpg

That is a sales sample, full auto converted G17 in the case under mine. That would be sweet, but I am not a Class 3 dealer so it will never be.

carloglock19 09-20-2011 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haldor (Post 17939567)
Great light. I have one on my G17 nightstand gun. I sure wish the paperwork for my suppressor would show up. That will make a stellar home defense gun.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_1353.jpg

Here is my suppressor on my pistol on visiting day (it is locked up at my dealer until the ATF says OK).

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_1418.jpg

That is a sales sample, full auto converted G17 in the case under mine. That would be sweet, but I am not a Class 3 dealer so it will never be.

Very nice!

ssharber 02-05-2012 20:02

I just purchased a TLR-2 for my bedside G19 and dont plan on using it with my carry G23, but I don't understand the mechanics of a mounted laser/light changing the feeding characteristics of the magazines. Does the added weight of the light/laser cause this, or the tensioning of the screw on the rail? Could someone explain why there are reliability issues after adding one of these on "some" G23's? Thanks

yes-im-packin 02-05-2012 20:17

Love my TLR 1 I keep it on my g19 or hk p2000 which ever one is in the night stand by the bed. I like to switch them up from time to time

ssharber 03-24-2012 01:53

For some reason no one seems to want to respond to me or hear me when I post. Sorry for bothering ya'll.

TSAX 03-24-2012 02:24

For the price its hard to beat. I like the Surefire X series and WX-150 but for about $100 the TLR-1 or 1s is an excellent choice







:50cal:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.