Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   CZ Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Anyone detail strip their slide? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385991)

jack76590 12-06-2011 15:48

Anyone detail strip their slide?

I have a PCR that I have fired about 2,000 rounds. Don't plan to do soon, but at some point considering detail stripping slide to remove any crud. In my experience crud collects in slides esp around the extractor.

So I was wondering if anyone has detail stripped their PCR slide or that of similar CZ pistol? Also did you find much crud? Where was crud, around extractor, firing pin, etc? I was thinking perhaps only necessary to remove extractor, as that is where most crud would collect.

Also did you reuse roll pins or replace? How hard was it to do? Any tips, instructions? Thanks for any info.

alwaysshootin 04-03-2013 09:25

Apparently not!:supergrin:

Linux3 04-04-2013 05:50

I have a 75 Shadow. Don't know about any differences.
I've replaced the front sight and needed to replace the roll pin as I screwed it up.
I've removed the extractor and cleaned it. It had lots of gunk behind and around the spring. No new parts needed.
I remove the firing pin on a regular basis and clean it the spring and channel. No new parts required.

I have spare parts for everything on hand because Murphy can strike at any time.

That said, I don't know what you mean by detail strip the slide. There is nothing else that comes apart, at least on my 75.

If you want to detail strip the frame.... Now we are talking a whole 'nother can of worms and way to involved to discuss here.

Last year before a big match I totally took down my 75 to nothing on nothing. An interesting experience putting it back together.

countrygun 04-04-2013 16:47

:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Linux3 (Post 20154415)
I have a 75 Shadow. Don't know about any differences.
I've replaced the front sight and needed to replace the roll pin as I screwed it up.
I've removed the extractor and cleaned it. It had lots of gunk behind and around the spring. No new parts needed.
I remove the firing pin on a regular basis and clean it the spring and channel. No new parts required.

I have spare parts for everything on hand because Murphy can strike at any time.

That said, I don't know what you mean by detail strip the slide. There is nothing else that comes apart, at least on my 75.

If you want to detail strip the frame.... Now we are talking a whole 'nother can of worms and way to involved to discuss here.

Last year before a big match I totally took down my 75 to nothing on nothing. An interesting experience putting it back together.

That sums it up.

I completely stripped my 75 frame and a medical emergency with a family member came up Long story but it was a long time before I could get back to it.

not fun at all.