Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Glockers Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   NEXUS SHOOTING: A new indoor range for South Florida! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409647)

Bernie@Nexus 03-19-2012 21:03

NEXUS SHOOTING: A new indoor range for South Florida!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0KH4lb0_Cg...EXUSrender.jpg

Hi, everyone. I wanted to introduce our new indoor shooting range coming soon to Broward County. Here's a 3D rendering of our upcoming indoor range. As you can see, we are going all out on the range to make it one of the greatest indoor ranges in the country! We will be constructing a brand new building from the ground up and are hoping to open before the end of this year.

Check out our website here... www.nexusshooting.com The countdown timer is just there for effect. The actual opening may actually be earlier or later. There is an e-mail list signup on our website if you prefer to get updates by e-mail.

Here is our blog where we will post progress updates for the build... nexusshooting.blogspot.com

While we are in our planning phase, we are particularly interested in hearing what the shooting community would like to see in our new range. As you can see in our website content (copied below), we have already addressed the majority of the problems inherent in most indoor ranges. If there is something that we may have overlooked, please let us know! We want to make this YOUR ideal range!

GET READY FOR...
... THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED, multi-million dollar indoor shooting facility around! Nexus Shooting Range will be all new construction built from the ground up. Experience realistic, practical, fun, and engaging practice with our computerized and moving targets.

... THE BEST VENTILATION SYSTEM available! You will no longer have to endure the hot, humid, smoke-filled air you've been breathing in those other indoor ranges! We will provide precision temperature controlled comfort regardless of how brutal the outside Florida heat and humidity is!

... RENTALS OF ENCLOSED BAYS so that you can do private sessions, group sessions, low-light training, shooting on the move, training behind cover, etc.

... RELAXED SHOOTING RULES. You will finally be able to train the way you've always wanted and needed to! We will work hard to ensure a safe environment for all shooters while allowing more experienced shooters the flexibility they need in training. - Rapid fire? OK! - Holster draws? NO PROBLEM! - Prone and other non-standing positions? YES! - Shoot your own ammo? ABSOLUTELY!

... SHORT WAIT TIMES! We will have more lanes than any other indoor range around! Currently, we are planning on between 30-40 lanes!

... EASY ACCESS to your new favorite range from anywhere in South Florida. Nexus Shooting will be located minutes off of I-95, I-595, and the Florida Turnpike in the heart of South Florida, allowing for quick access. Exact location to be announced shortly once final approval is granted.

... A WARM WELCOME to ALL shooters regardless of experience level. Specialized first-time shooter and women's training packages will be offered. Concealed carry license classes, tactical training, competition training, and law enforcement training are planned.

... THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any range ANYWHERE! Are you tired of the condescending, rude, "I know more about guns than you" attitude that unfortunately seems to be the norm at most gun shops? Our staff will be friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and happy to have you at our establishment!

... THE NEXT EVOLUTION of indoor shooting experience at Nexus Shooting!

ARE YOU READY?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ucCNJ_T3Qc...Finalsmall.jpg

packinaglock 04-04-2012 18:22

Nice, next time I'm working in Broward I'll have to look it up.

noway 04-10-2012 03:00

Where exactly in SFLA is this range to be located at? We do need more ranges, most ranges have piss poor parking, no space to do anything, and certain nights/day their's a backlog of shooters.

Markham is okay minus the RSO that are pissed poor in communications skills.

American Indoor usesd to be good, but has a quite well attentive staff

AZ indoor is small, but fair , but it has a nice gun/knives shop

Big Al, forgetabout it. Horrible by all counts

Weston Guns, over priced in all areas

Armory, a hidden range with great access off I95 , plenty of interesting finds but way overpriced for used guns

Revere same like AmericanIndoor, a smaller range not a lot of activity buy just okay

So nexus we really need you. We need adequate parking, we staff that knows guns and know shooters and are shooters. We need fair prices and we adequate space if we have to wait.

RYT 2BER 04-10-2012 19:28

Looks nice... do everyone a favor... don't hire the usual d-bags, and go over to national armory... look at their prices for range time as what "not" to do.

$29.95 for 1/2 hr for long guns... just shameful... that's why I don't go there anymore..

ca survivor 04-16-2012 13:27

looks good, good luck...

HalfHazzard 04-17-2012 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RYT 2BER (Post 18828071)
$29.95 for 1/2 hr for long guns... just shameful... that's why I don't go there anymore..

WTH, that's like an expensive long distance phone call of sorts. How are they still in business?

Eric2340 04-17-2012 14:51

Quote:

Looks nice... do everyone a favor... don't hire the usual d-bags, and go over to national armory... look at their prices for range time as what "not" to do.

Agreed, I about feel over when they told me $70 for my GF and I together shooting on ONE lane one after noon - w/ our own ammo. :(

Nice place, too high of fees though - will NOT go there again. :(

Bernie@Nexus 04-28-2012 14:08

Thanks for all of the words of support and encouragement. It's great to see shooters with the same passion that we have for our project. I can assure you that every single point that was brought up thus far in the thread has been a consideration from square one. We saw the same things that everyone has commented on above... which is why we are doing this! Fair pricing, a clean and safe facility, easy access, great staff and service, and plenty of parking are just the tip of the iceberg for what we will be offering.

This past Tuesday we received UNANIMOUS approval from the city's Site Plan Committee. The only thing we have left is approval from the Town Council in May. The Council has been very supportive of our project from the beginning, so we don't anticipate any major issues. If all goes as planned, we should be breaking ground in a matter of weeks! We expect that once we break ground, the building will go up very quickly.

porschedog 05-02-2012 15:42

Where will it be located? Or as we say here in SoFla, "Donde la range-a, por favor?"

And go to Gander's store in Palm Beach County to see the guy who works in the gun department who uses the "uber cool wrist snap" to close the cyclinder of a S&W. Use him as the "Who Not to hire" example.

ace587 05-04-2012 04:29

learn from Pembroke Gun and Range. flat fee and rapid fire allowed :supergrin:

porschedog 05-05-2012 08:52

+1 for Pembroke Gun & Range's flat fee.

Bernie@Nexus 05-30-2012 14:15

Hey, guys. Sorry for the delay in the update. Things are really getting hectic with the range setup... in a good way.

First update: We have been FULLY approved by the Town of Davie for the range! Stay tuned for more details on our exact location as well as our groundbreaking ceremony!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gkv4W-6cv-...0/approved.bmp

Second update: We are proud to announce that we have selected Action Target to outfit Nexus Shooting! Action Target is an industry leader and provides top quality products to the commercial, law enforcement, and military sectors. Specifically, we will be utilizing their innovative Total Containment Trap which utilizes steel ramps leading into a deceleration chamber where the bullet loses momentum and falls into a collection unit. This is a military/law enforcement grade setup and to our knowledge, no other commercial range uses this trap in South Florida.

This design is complete free of vertical structural elements which would otherwise cause ricochets and bullet splatter back towards the shooter. Utilizing this advanced system will allow our customers to shoot as close as just a few feet from the bullet trap in complete safety. In addition, the absence of vertical obstructions allows for cross lane shooting all the way from the first to the last lane. The trap is completely HEPA filtered by their patented Dust Collection Unit to capture any lead dust produced, ensuring for a clean and healthy shooting environment. Watch the video below to see the system in action!

GOCANES 05-30-2012 18:09

Quote:

Wow, and I was complaining for $16.00 at our indoor range here in Louisiana..shoot all day. Or, drive a little farther and they have a fully equipped outdoor range, free everything incl targets, rests, ect. (run by state parks division).

kimbur 06-26-2012 07:16

Looks like it is going to be an awesome range. Can't wait for it to open!

SgtThumper 06-27-2012 06:21

Sounds like this is going to be 10 or 15 minutes from me. Awesome! Could be a new shooting home for me!

mic_g19 07-11-2012 00:00

I am seriously interested in working for Nexus when this facility opens. I would love it if someone could reach out to me regarding this....

PBCounty 07-14-2012 17:28

Neat like Pete.....sounds great.

dhoomonyou 07-14-2012 19:14

Try not to hire D BAGS for workers.

GlocknSpiehl 07-15-2012 08:40

Is your bullet trap goping to be the same as the one at the NRA range in Virginia? If so, that is a great trap!

Bernie@Nexus 07-16-2012 15:18

I'm not sure if the NRA range uses the Action Target TCT. I've only seen a few pictures, but it does indeed look like it utilizes a steel "escalator" type ramp trap which may or may not be Action Target's, but it is the same concept.

mic_g19, just sent you an e-mail.

Ground breaking ceremony should be in a few days! :supergrin:

Billspider 07-16-2012 15:25

Good Luck Bernie!

I'll be in Ft Myers most of the winter and I'll stop by.

Bernie@Nexus 08-05-2012 16:14

On July 20, 2012 we officialy broke ground! We will be fast tracking construction, so if you drive by the site you should see rapid progress. We will post periodic updates of the building as it is going up as well here and on our blog. Check out our blog for more pictures of the site and groundbreaking... http://nexusshooting.blogspot.com
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DEUOKgIJx0...oundbreak2.jpg

fuzzy03cls 08-06-2012 11:45

Expect delay's unless you know someone in the broward county gov. Just saying, I know 2 ranges that are delayed right now.

RYT 2BER 08-06-2012 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls (Post 19277457)
Expect delay's unless you know someone in the broward county gov. Just saying, I know 2 ranges that are delayed right now.

2 other ranges delayed in Broward??

How many ranges are slated to open in Broward total???? :wow:

Bernie@Nexus 08-12-2012 06:33

Here's a quick video of the current state of the construction site. Check out our blog for more updated pictures too!