Glock Talk

Glock Talk (
-   GATE NFA/Class III (
-   -   Corp/Gun Trust Question (

20SFLV 03-20-2012 19:37

Corp/Gun Trust Question
I am in the process of setting up a trust, but since I live by myself and I have no family members that live in a state that permits NFA items, I found a friend to be a trustee with in a NFA friendly state. My friend is a little leery in being trustee even though she doesn't have to do anything since the NFA products would be with me three thousand miles away from my friend.

I do have my own business which is a professional corporation. I would rather use a trust from the beginning, but if my friend backs out as a co-trustee, I have no one else to be a trustee so the trust really wouldn't work.

Individual isn't going to work where I am, and I don't want to set up a corporation just for the NFA items. I don't want to put the NFA items into my business corporation, but that would be my last choice. If I had to put the items in the business corporation, would I be able to transfer them tax free (form 5?) to a trust should I find someone to be a co-trustee or would I have to pay another $200 with another form 4?

Thank you.

Zak Smith 04-05-2012 14:01

No. Any transfer other than an inheritance (Form 5) incurs $200.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2015, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.