Which Remington 700?
I very much appreciate your articles on long range shooting (found HERE) and plan to make my first long range rifle the Remington 700 package you describe. Your article suggests the Remington 700 PSS in 308 Winchester, but Remington's nomenclature has changed. There is now a 700P and a 700P LTR, not to mention 700 SPS Tactical. I have also read what you have written about shooting suppressed, and that makes a lot of sense to me, so I looked at the Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD.
I understand that at some point I may want to change the stock on any 700 and later the barrel, but if I want to suppress the rifle should I just get the SPS Tactical AAC-SD? Here are the specs:
* 308 Win with 20” Heavy Barrel with 5/8-24 Threaded Muzzle
* Shipped with Thread Protector Installed
* Accepts AAC® and other 5/8-24 Threaded Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brake and Suppressors
* 1 in 10” Rate of Twist for increased bullet stability
* Hogue® Overmolded Ghillie Green™ Pillar Bedded Stock
* X-Mark Pro® Externally Adjustable Trigger Set at 3˝ Pounds
That's a good choice, yes.
Really any of their heavy barreled target .308's will be fine.
What difference could I expect between this rifle with a 10" twist and the same one (w/o threaded barrel) with a 12" twist? Does the difference in twist in a .308 make much difference?
It doesn't make much difference. I have a 1:12 and it shoots 150's up to 190's well
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.