Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Furball Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Trayvon Martin Continued (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411786)

RowdyatHeart 03-29-2012 20:53

Trayvon Martin Continued

Alright since has Martin vs. Zimmerman has been relegated to fur ball status, can we continue? I will start.

I went into this first thinking Zimmerman should have been arrested. The more I checked into this story, the more I believe Zimmerman broke no laws. I concede I let the media and emotion get the best of me.

Is he guilty of being stupid? You bet. A wise man would have let the Police handle the situation. A wise man would have stayed in the vehicle. Stupidity is not a crime in this case.

I have been reminded again of how destructive the mainstream media is to our nation. They conveniently fail to remind their audiences that Zimmerman will go before a Grand Jury.

3000fps 03-29-2012 21:17

Anyone have any intel on Zimmerman adminstering aid to Trayvon after he shot him? Eyewitness said he was straddling him with his hand pressing on his back.

TBO 03-30-2012 18:17

http://i.imgur.com/wCxiT.gif

Berto 03-30-2012 18:52

Oh **** I'm saving that.:rofl:

beatcop 03-30-2012 19:02

very nice...just discovered this hole

Fred Hansen 03-30-2012 19:35

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TBO 03-31-2012 00:13

Photos shape opinions of Trayvon Martin case

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...rtin-case.html

TBO 03-31-2012 00:21

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...-story-top.jpg

3000fps 03-31-2012 10:27

http://i42.tinypic.com/ountwp.jpg

3000fps 03-31-2012 10:27

http://i.imgur.com/OiGIC.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17hy...cmt-medium.jpg

Beretta92guy 03-31-2012 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheeBadOne (Post 18779745)

LMFAO!!!!:rofl::rofl:

Caver 60 04-01-2012 21:55

Wasn't there a thread about 'one punch knock out' games a while back? Just asking.

Multiple Arms 04-01-2012 22:56

Quote:

Now I want some Skittles. :rofl:

dpadams6 04-05-2012 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3000fps (Post 18782469)

Looks like he failed his spelling test in school too.

MoneyMaker 04-06-2012 06:28

RussP And his sidekick Sam Spade would not agree on this gif picture,bwahahahahahahaha

Rooster Rugburn 04-06-2012 18:05

I think Gabe makes some interesting points:

http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/...-shooting.html

I like his line "Captain America, Defender of the Innocent" because so many HCP holders think it's a badge.

vikingsoftpaw 04-06-2012 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn (Post 18810333)

http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/...-shooting.html

I like his line "Captain America, Defender of the Innocent" because so many HCP holders think it's a badge.

His points are very valid.

One angle I had not previously thought about was the effect that money and political agendas have on the Judicial System.

Glockdude1 04-12-2012 14:47

Quote:

:rofl::rofl:

You owe me a new keyboard, mouse and a Monitor!!!

:rofl: :thumbsup:

dpadams6 04-12-2012 16:33

Quote:

That's awesome. How can I get that to my email?

TBO 04-13-2012 16:18

Right click on it, save image as (save to desktop), drag into email.

dpadams6 04-13-2012 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheeBadOne (Post 18840758)
Right click on it, save image as (save to desktop), drag into email.

Thanks. My friends will love that

TBO 04-13-2012 20:36

You are most welcome.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2

countrygun 04-13-2012 23:30

As someone whospent a long time on a murder trial jury and also on Grand Jury I think I know what the jury would be looking at if all they had were the facts we, the public, have at this moment.

The very first thing they will ask in deliberations is,

"Is there any actual evidence or any witness that PROVED Zimmerman did anything illegal?"

That simple, not "should he have done "X" "but "were his known actions lawful?"

They are NOT a civil jury, they are not there to decide if Zimmerman getting out of bed that morning led to the death, that doesn't mean squat.

Then the question of whether or not his decisions led to the shooting from an indifference to human life? Did he do something NEGLIGENT? Now whether or not the florida laws under which he was charged cover that or not, I can tell you that guilty or innocent juries want to leave that courtroom knowing, in their hearts, they made the right decision. They will reconstruct the incident until THEY feel they know what happened. If there are blank spots in the prosecutions case, they will only have Zimmerman's word to gon on, so they will evaluate and "profile" if you will, the participants in the event. Here is what they will add up (If they have no more info than we have today)

1. What is Zimmermans history with, Blacks, other minorities, Law enforcement. Are there any patterns?

2. On that day Zimmerman called the police, not Martin

3. When the dispatcher told him that they didn't need him to follow he said "OK", Do witnesses or evidence (location of the fight etc) corroberate refiute that he stopped.

4. When asked for his address, Zimmerman hesitate because he said that he didn't know where Martin was. evidence, witnesses?

5. Martin had a Cell Phone, why didn't he call the police if he was or felt threatened, if he was a law abiding citizen, isn't that what Zimmerman did when he saw soneone suspicious?

6. Is it more believable (absent any evidence) that Zimmerman who knew the police were on their way, would pursue and incite a fight when he was completely within his legal rights an responsibilities at that point, knowing that he had called the police and that they would show up at anytime pursued and caused a confrontation, or is it more believable that the young man who didn't feel threatened enough, or didn't for some reason,want to call the police, decided to physically confront Zimmerman?

When they feel they have the answers, to their satisfaction, to 1-6 it will justify in their minds the final vote on the charges before them.

Again this is based on what WE know and don't at this moment.

edit to add: It will come down to the question "Did Zimmerman start the "fight" or did he do anything to cause us to feel that we couldn't convict Martin of assault if he started the fight?"

That simple

Bilbo Bagins 04-15-2012 09:52

I mentioned this on one of the threads that got closed down. I still think this case was hand picked from day one as a case to challenge "stand your ground" and concealed carry.

They wanted a case with a crazy white man with a CCW in a Stand your Ground state shooting an innocent unarmed black kid.

It is obvious some in the media, some black activist groups, and some in goverment, have been molding this case to fit that description. The question is why? Is it something to challange the law, it it for a political talking point for the upcoming election, or something else? Also how far does it go? Are the recent rash of black flash mob attacks nationwide on white people, cause by agitators, perhaps in the same league?

Crazy days we live in.

Bilbo Bagins 04-15-2012 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 18842550)
As someone whospent a long time on a murder trial jury and also on Grand Jury I think I know what the jury would be looking at if all they had were the facts we, the public, have at this moment.

The very first thing they will ask in deliberations is,

"Is there any actual evidence or any witness that PROVED Zimmerman did anything illegal?"

That simple, not "should he have done "X" "but "were his known actions lawful?"

They are NOT a civil jury, they are not there to decide if Zimmerman getting out of bed that morning led to the death, that doesn't mean squat.

Then the question of whether or not his decisions led to the shooting from an indifference to human life? Did he do something NEGLIGENT? Now whether or not the florida laws under which he was charged cover that or not, I can tell you that guilty or innocent juries want to leave that courtroom knowing, in their hearts, they made the right decision. They will reconstruct the incident until THEY feel they know what happened. If there are blank spots in the prosecutions case, they will only have Zimmerman's word to gon on, so they will evaluate and "profile" if you will, the participants in the event. Here is what they will add up (If they have no more info than we have today)

1. What is Zimmermans history with, Blacks, other minorities, Law enforcement. Are there any patterns?
Zimmerman has a few Black friends, including a friend who is a commentator on CNN. That is why the one judge reclused herself.

2. On that day Zimmerman called the police, not Martin
We will see if he did

3. When the dispatcher told him that they didn't need him to follow he said "OK", Do witnesses or evidence (location of the fight etc) corroberate refiute that he stopped.
Zimmerman did disregarded the dispatchers advise, and got out of his truck to look for Martin, but that is not illegal.

4. When asked for his address, Zimmerman hesitate because he said that he didn't know where Martin was. evidence, witnesses? Zimmerman lost track of where martin was and was apparently in an area of the neighborhood he was unfimilar with with no street signs.

5. Martin had a Cell Phone, why didn't he call the police if he was or felt threatened, if he was a law abiding citizen, isn't that what Zimmerman did when he saw soneone suspicious? Martin's girlfriend stated that he was on the cellphone with Martin, and that he told her that someone was following him, and she told him to run when Zimmerman approached Martin.

6. Is it more believable (absent any evidence) that Zimmerman who knew the police were on their way, would pursue and incite a fight when he was completely within his legal rights an responsibilities at that point, knowing that he had called the police and that they would show up at anytime pursued and caused a confrontation, or is it more believable that the young man who didn't feel threatened enough, or didn't for some reason,want to call the police, decided to physically confront Zimmerman?
That is the grey area that will come out. Did Zimmerman play wannabe cop, and confront, harrass, and assault Martin which led Martin to defend himself, or was Zimmerman wandering around looking for Martin, he found him, and Zimmerman did nothing more then get verbal with Martin, and Martin attack Zimmerman.

When they feel they have the answers, to their satisfaction, to 1-6 it will justify in their minds the final vote on the charges before them.

Again this is based on what WE know and don't at this moment.

edit to add: It will come down to the question "Did Zimmerman start the "fight" or did he do anything to cause us to feel that we couldn't convict Martin of assault if he started the fight?"

That simple

I contend that at the end of the day it will all hinge on if Zimmerman physically assaulted Martin, and that led to the fight that got Zimmerman on his back and Martin shot. Anyone on the street can yell and call you a criminal, but that does not give you the right to beat the crap out of them and ground and pound them. The might try to pin an ethnic intimidation wrap on him, but pretty much unless they can prove Zimmerman was brandishing his firearm, or physically touched Martin before Martin attacked, I can't see how zimmerman can be found guilty of anything.