Glock Talk

Glock Talk (
-   GATE NFA/Class III (
-   -   SBR and suppressor questions... (

jbotstein1 05-03-2012 05:39

SBR and suppressor questions...
I purchased 2 stripped lowers with the intent of building a SBR in .300 blackout with one of them. I would like to buy a suppressor for it as well at some point. I own a Gemtech G5 for my AR already, and I have a revocable living trust that I used for it's approval. I have moved from the address where the trust was originally set up, and in a year I will be moving to a different state, SC from GA.

If I start the process of getting a stamp for my lower to build the SBR, what roadblocks might I run into? What does one need to do when moving states if the stamps are on a revocable living trust?

I also have an AR in .308, and was thinking maybe I should get the suppressor first since I'll be able to shoot it on my AR before I'll have the chance to complete my SBR build. A

Any advice? Thanks.

Zak Smith 05-03-2012 14:56


I recommend getting your move done with first - or at least do not change addresses while the Form 1 is in process. It will simplify things.

I'd recommend to consult the lawyer who did your trust with regard to any of its paperwork changes. Normally a 5320.20 is how you notify the ATF of an address change.

hope this helps

jbotstein1 05-04-2012 04:52

It certainly does. Thanks a lot. I've got a year before I move and hate to wait that long, but I'd rather get it done right.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2015, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.