Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GSSF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Update on the Mobile Match (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419831)

BamaTrooper 05-06-2012 17:12

Update on the Mobile Match
 
So EDE and I went to the range to meet with the SO range officers and decide what set ups to use. With out giving away the actual stage set ups, we are going to be able to run a 3/3/2 maybe a 3/3/3 depening on the number of ROs.

As we get closer, we will be recruiting ROs, preferably ones that can be there both days, but if you feel like volunteering, let me know.

DEJ/FL 05-07-2012 14:46

Bama
You can count of the FL Panhandle guys!:wavey:

Dan:cool:

SARDG 05-07-2012 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 18936006)
...As we get closer, we will be recruiting ROs, preferably ones that can be there both days, but if you feel like volunteering, let me know.

I'll be there 2 days, getting in Friday or maybe even Thursday night.

I would love :hearts: to help out over the weekend or on Friday if I get in Thursday night. No shooting lessons required - or wanted!! :phew:

ede 05-07-2012 16:04

It's a nice place, as nice as any range I've been too. Talking with the the two Mobile County SO guys putting the match on their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.

SARDG 05-07-2012 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ede (Post 18939840)
It's a nice place... ...their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.

My philosophy too. Bama's described the venue to me - a few times. He's excited! :)

lethal tupperwa 05-07-2012 18:26

let Morganton guide you and you won't go wrong.

BamaTrooper 05-07-2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ede (Post 18939840)
It's a nice place, as nice as any range I've been too. Talking with the the two Mobile County SO guys putting the match on their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.

No walking up and down hills to get to stages and see which ones are running fast or slow. Bathrooms, registration and vendors within 50 yds. Possibly and extra M and 5toG on the rifle deck.
We should have a practice rack and maybe D1s for checking sights on a pay per mag with proceeds to charity. Supposed to have an ammo vendor on sight and possibly Ed's Public Safety if they can make it (fingers crossed). The SO Reserve will be doing the concessions and the police explorers will be running score sheets and helping paste targets.

...and yes, Kitty, I AM EXCITED. I was informed that since I was the one doing the promoting and the one that pushed them to get it, they want me to make sure it works and they want to be able to worry about making it safe and fun so everyone will come back. Also, if this works, they might host some PPC and other shooting types.

BamaTrooper 05-08-2012 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa (Post 18940345)
let Morganton guide you and you won't go wrong.

If we have the ROs we are hoping for, we will have a relief squad or two and enough people pasting that the shooters will only need to shoot.

lethal tupperwa 05-08-2012 12:13

at Topton last year the local boy scout troop did the pasting.

weagle 05-08-2012 14:37

We'll be there BamaTrooper.

Don Anderson aka Weagle
Ed's Public Safety

BamaTrooper 07-27-2012 09:26

For those of you wanting to know which hotels are in the area, the Hampton Inn and Suites- Providence Park has agreed to be one of our host hotels. Right now the rate is $99 but I have heard their government rate is $94.

www.hamptonmobileprovidencepark.com

I am talking with another chain as well to see if they would like to offer a group rate for those that prefer the $60ish range. If it comes through, I will add their information.

Both the Hampton and the secondary hotel are around 10-12 miles from the range.

Roadkill_751 07-27-2012 16:22

!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 19241156)
For those of you wanting to know which hotels are in the area, the Hampton Inn and Suites- Providence Park has agreed to be one of our host hotels. Right now the rate is $99 but I have heard their government rate is $94.

www.hamptonmobileprovidencepark.com

I am talking with another chain as well to see if they would like to offer a group rate for those that prefer the $60ish range. If it comes through, I will add their information.

Both the Hampton and the secondary hotel are around 10-12 miles from the range.

Hey Bama,

Any Mobile home parks renting out housing for the match?:tongueout::rofl:

BamaTrooper 07-30-2012 13:56

A couple of things...
 
I was at the range today and noticed that the new becnhes were built and installed. Tables are being built and they have 12 new pepper poppers that are being kept new until the match arrives.

Also, for those of you wondering, the GPS coordinates are:

LAT 30' 42 N
LON 88' 19 W

...so put them in your GPS and see how long it might take you to get here :supergrin:

BamaTrooper 07-30-2012 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadkill_751 (Post 19242428)
Hey Bama,

Any Mobile home parks renting out housing for the match?:tongueout::rofl:

I had you a spot for your trailer but you mentioned a tent and an overpass :dunno:

Scooter921 08-04-2012 07:18

Hampton inn will do group rates if you call and talk to the marketing person there that is what morganton nc done

SARDG 08-04-2012 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter921 (Post 19269649)
Hampton inn will do group rates if you call and talk to the marketing person there that is what morganton nc done

That IS a group rate, albiet a poor one. Regular rates:
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:

BamaTrooper 08-04-2012 13:38

Scooter,
The 99 was the group rate. I think this one is a highfalutin' Hampton, but it close to everything you should need while at the match. Grocery, medical help, movie theater, restaurants, gunshops, ammo.

BamaTrooper 08-04-2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARDG (Post 19270565)
That IS a group rate, albiet a poor one. Regular rates:
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:

So if you applied your government rate discount and your AARP discount and the GSSF group discount, they should owe you:rofl:

Kitty, did you check the coordinates and get a door to door distance? Also, I have a group of 30 Deputies and PD officers coming out tomorrow for a "match" run through. I get to be the RO, Safety officer and squadding officer and they all get to shoot. I may even yuse your stuff for a briefing:supergrin:
This will give us a chance to see how sensitive the timers are, where we need vision blockers and expose the ROs to the scoring, sign up, etc...

SARDG 08-04-2012 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 19270582)
So if you applied your government rate discount and your AARP discount and the GSSF group discount, they should owe you:rofl:

Call and ask them, will you? :tongueout:

Quote:

Kitty, did you check the coordinates and get a door to door distance? Also, I have a group of 30 Deputies and PD officers coming out tomorrow for a "match" run through. I get to be the RO, Safety officer and squadding officer and they all get to shoot. I may even yuse your stuff for a briefing:supergrin:
This will give us a chance to see how sensitive the timers are, where we need vision blockers and expose the ROs to the scoring, sign up, etc...
It's 470 miles to the range for me.

My 'stuff' is good 'stuff' - and it mentions ready positions and trigger fingers. But you wouldn't forget that anyway. You still have cones in mind?

What about baffles between the stages? We spoke about that I think - but I forgot what you said.

ETA: Ever get to the Coast Guard Sector offices?

Scooter921 08-05-2012 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARDG (Post 19270565)
That IS a group rate, albiet a poor one. Regular rates:
Reg Rack, $113
AAA, $107
AARP/Senior, $101
Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:


I agree that is high let me call and see what i can do last time i called and they gave about 80 for group function


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.