Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Update/Upgrade Info Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Wannabe home invader.... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1424633)

jrp5735 05-31-2012 08:01

Wannabe home invader....

So at about 0300 I wake up because I hear someone outside my house. (I sleep in the back house behind the main house) I throw my IBAS on and grab my G22, go out and see some kid trying to get into the main house. Simple freeze, on the ground, call cops. No big whoop right?? My friend who is one of the officer's that responds tell me this kid is 15 and had a BB gun on him painted matte black. Is it just me or are kids nowadays getting really stupid??? I mean at least get a real gun if your going to try to be a real criminal, don't get me wrong I don't want to kill someone in my back yard. I just don't understand what goes through some people's head sometimes. What's your take on this???

coqui33 05-31-2012 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrp5735 (Post 19033937)
Is it just me or are kids nowadays getting really stupid?

It is not just you. Kids nowadays are getting really stupid. It is the "gangsta" posing. They believe that a "real man" acts like a thug (guns, thefts, break-ins, and all).

The result?
  • About 8,000 Black teenagers are shot to death every year.
  • From ages 16 to 24, more A-A teens die from murder than from all other causes of death combined.
  • If you are a Black teen, you have one chance in 50 of being killed before your 24th birthday.

And before anyone complains that I mention African-American kids, when the OP did not, understand that the "gangsta" culture is percolating throughout U.S. society at an accelerating rate. All teenagers are being infected with this "stupidity".

GThirtyTwo 06-13-2012 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by coqui33 (Post 19033976)
It is not just you. Kids nowadays are getting really stupid. It is the "gangsta" posing. They believe that a "real man" acts like a thug (guns, thefts, break-ins, and all).

The result?
  • About 8,000 Black teenagers are shot to death every year.
  • From ages 16 to 24, more A-A teens die from murder than from all other causes of death combined.
  • If you are a Black teen, you have one chance in 50 of being killed before your 24th birthday.

And before anyone complains that I mention African-American kids, when the OP did not, understand that the "gangsta" culture is percolating throughout U.S. society at an accelerating rate. All teenagers are being infected with this "stupidity".

Thanks for saying what others won't say. I live in GA and can attest this is very true. Very true and very disgusting.

1911austin 06-16-2012 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrp5735 (Post 19033937)
I mean at least get a real gun if your going to try to be a real criminal, don't get me wrong I don't want to kid someone in my back yard. I just don't understand what goes through some people's head sometimes. What's your take on this???

I would all thugs used fake guns. To answer you question, yes, we are devolving as a culture.

Chris Brines 06-17-2012 18:31

I agree 100% and I'm not ever one to hold back on facts, those are 100% statistical facts and the reason behind them is painfully obvious. If I would have seen the kid unarmed, I'd have done the same thing. If I had them clearly lined up in my sights, they had no chance of hurting me and I knew that, I would not make a conscious decision to end their life. But the second I would have seen that gun, BB gun or not, (as if I would have been able to tell the difference anyway), I can't tell you exactly what would have happened but it would have ended a little differently than that. And anyone who would possibly oppose or criminalize someone for doing what they had to do at that time, is no better than saying, "I wish you had died".

Mr.Reignman 06-24-2012 04:11

My Thoughts? probably would have done the world a favor in shooting him however, I'll go with the more traditional "Respectful" Oh good man, he may realize the error of his ways and become a shining pillar representing just what this great country is all about...

Foxtrotx1 06-24-2012 05:20

Whats that smell? Oh yeah. Bull ****.

Bren 06-24-2012 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GThirtyTwo (Post 19085694)
Thanks for saying what others won't say. I live in GA and can attest this is very true. Very true and very disgusting.

I've seen it as well, in a 99% white county in eastern Kentucky. Literally the richest kid in the county went to jail for robbing a liquor store - his parents could and would have bought him the whole store if he wanted it (this kid got an out of state license at 15 so he could drive his new Dodge Viper 15th birthday present to school). He was a white-gangsta wannabe and needed the street cred.

His grandfather was so angry that he spent his own money to have a new prosecutor (with no criminal law experience) elected in the next election, to get revenge on the one who prosecuted his grandson.

FL Airedale 06-24-2012 10:27

The kid is stupid but not stupid enough to show you the BB gun. That may have been terminal stupidity.

I've been shot with a BB gun and it hurts. It doesn't hurt bad enough to stop someone from shooting back.

CA Escapee 07-05-2012 10:46

I wonder if the logic of carrying the BB gun is for intimidation. If he gets in a jam, he pulls the gun, gets the home owner to back off giving him (the kid) room to retreat and get away. And, if he gets caught, well it's only a BB gun and he didn't intend on hurting anyone. Yeah, right.

I think the kid should learn there are consequences to everything you do, included getting killed for B&E. Run him through the court system and let him know that's another consequence of poor decisions. Congratulations junior, you now have a criminal record.

Bill

BenjiEDF 07-06-2012 20:02

What's an IBAS?

Bren 07-07-2012 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by coqui33 (Post 19033976)

The result?
[list][*]About 8,000 Black teenagers are shot to death every year.[*]

Is that a real statistic? That looks like more than double the number of kids of all races that the anti-gunners claim are killed with a gun each year.

jrp5735 07-09-2012 21:07

an IBAS is Interceptor Body Armor System, I still have mine from when I was enlisted

NeverMore1701 07-12-2012 02:26

Well at least it's in the right forum....

Simplejack 07-14-2012 06:09

If only it was legal to run up to the kid, push him down and scream at him while shooting all your bullets into the ground just a few feet next to him.

All kids now seem to be Emo or gangsta.. Asian and White people dressing up and acting like black people straight out from the ghetto.. That's like black people trying to act like Asians..
Killing people, gettin dat money and gettin Hoe's are a way of life nowadays. Oh, and killing people for what they have in their pockets..
It's the Rap videos you see on TV. It looks so cool and they are so bad ass, don't you just WannaBe just like them?

I just watched 15 episodes of "The First 48" and almost every person who killed someone was black and a gangsta..
The show "Bait Car" is the same way.. If you do see a white guy, he is so far gone gangsta that he is.. well, pretty much the same category. Same thing with the prison shows on TV..

I don't think I have ever seen a show where some white guy killed another guy because he caught him having sex with his wife.

AZL 07-14-2012 19:46

Well...the word "sad" has been brought up several times in this thread. I can think of another word that is just as appropriate..."MADDENING".

I was a police officer for 23 years. I was hired, and sent to the academy at 20, and celebrated my 21st birthday during my 12th week at the academy.

When I went through the hiring process, there was no equivocation in the testing. No prior drug use. No prior misdemeanor or even petty offenses were allowed. You were expected to have lived your first 20-21 years the right way.

One the four hiring boards I was a part of...it was an exception to find applicants who didn't have a record of some sort. Minor In Possession, etc...etc...etc...

During those 23 years on the force, I nearly shot a couple of teens with "what based upon my training and experience appeared to be firearms". The first was a 16 year-old moron with a pellet pistol that looked nearly identical to a Walther PPK or a Bersa .380. The ONLY thing that kept him from a chest full of 230 gr Hydra Shoks was that I SAW the CO2 "screw" at the bottom of the grip frame before the shot broke. It was that close. In fact under Arizona law...he WAS pointing a firearm at me as it "fired a projectile via explosive means or chemical reaction or compressed chemical reacant".

The second was a known prohibited possessor carrying a plastic lever action rifle that similarly resembled a Henry .22lr. The orange endcap had been painted black, as was discovered incidental and pursuant to arrest. A person from the neighborhood had called in about him carrying and pointing the "rifle" at several youths. As second responding officer, I found him at the park with the "rifle" in his possession. I approached him WITH my Glock drawn, and ordered him to drop it and step away. He complied immediately...if he hadn't...statistic. His PO violated him and he was sent BACK to state prison to serve the remainder of his 3 year sentence on orginal charges of B&E. Better that than dead I suppose. I have a strong feeling he will be no smarter when he gets out next time.

So, the point is all...I agree with you. "Too soon old, too late smart".

SevenSlugs 09-08-2012 20:03

Wow..kids

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

wildmanjeff 09-18-2012 07:54

stupid kids

well hell they aren't being forced to learn anything in school--
parents give them whatever they want without making them work for it (a learning experience)
you can't discipline kids any more (that was a big learning experience I wish I would have had more of myself--)
when they do learn, it is from kids that have told them about how much trouble their parents got in for spanking them -- so they are learning what is useful for them and their goals

coqui33 09-18-2012 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19170887)
Is that a real statistic? That looks like more than double the number of kids of all races that the anti-gunners claim are killed with a gun each year.

Of course it is a real statistic. I cannot answer to what anti-gunners claim, since they make stuff up. But the above number comes from Bureau of Justice Statistics "Homicide Trends In The U.S." (scroll down).

Click Here for a breakdown by victims' ages from mortality tables compiled by the CDC.

canadiantbone 11-19-2012 08:03

It's called a lack of common sense . The kids now a days get away with more , because both parents are working & are too busy trying to do everything for the kids . There seems to be less punishment from parents . Up here ( Canada ) you have bug brother telling us that we can't use corporal punishment , I call B.S. . Granted , I have not hit my kids nearly as often as I got it from my parents . I teach my kids that every action has a reaction & consequence good or bad .

Sorry for the rant , JMO not that it means much .