Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Xds (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1432988)

yellolab 07-18-2012 14:41

Xds
 
I've been good this year, only picking up a G36 and a Kimber Solo CDP.

Today, I grabbed a XDs from my LGS($509), and went out during lunch and put a couple mags thru it.

Wow.

I know it's early, and 10 shots does not a great pistol make, but first impressions are very positive. it may replace my Walther PPS as my winter EDC.

Kevin

257 roberts 07-18-2012 17:08

you like your Solo ?

yellolab 07-18-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 257 roberts (Post 19210467)
you like your Solo ?

I really do like it. I heard all of the horror stories, but mine runs just fine.
It replaced my LCP.
And I think the XDs will replace the PPS.
So for summer, I'm going from 380-->9mm.
Winter going from 9mm--> 45ACP.

Kevin

PS My LGS has 2 Solo's left, $999 cash. This is the CDP with laser, night sights, checkering, etc.

elde 07-18-2012 18:26

Keep us advised on that striker issue some are having with the new XDs. See XD Forum for details if not aware.

G26S239 07-18-2012 18:44

Congrats kevin.

CDR_Glock 07-18-2012 19:42

How does recoil compare between the 36 and XDS?

stmcelroy 07-18-2012 20:29

Patiently waiting for my XDs to show up tomorrow. Will be hitting the range after I pick it up to put 100-200 rounds through it.

yellolab 07-18-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDR_Glock (Post 19210960)
How does recoil compare between the 36 and XDS?

Funny as the xds has less flip- its more of a straight back push.

Honestly recoil does not affect me much though.

Kevin

mj9mm 07-18-2012 21:52

dang, you are a lucky guy. i'd be happy with one of those per year:cool:

Beanie-Bean 07-19-2012 00:45

Congrats on the new XD-S! I just picked up mine the other day, and am pretty excited to get it out to the range this weekend.

SuperSport 07-19-2012 01:05

Lucky dog, yellowlab! My buddy picked one up and got to shoot it. Impressed on how flat it shot from a short/small poly lower. Would really like to own one and retire the G26 from the hip.

Glock40man 07-19-2012 01:07

Congrats on your XDS. I haven't seen any in the local shops yet. I really would like to check one out.

BuckyP 07-19-2012 02:19

I have about 500 rounds through mine now. Really like the gun. Thankfully, no light strike issues.

Is there a difference in size between the Solo and XDS? Just wondering why one is summer, and one is winter carry?

ricklee4570 07-19-2012 02:53

I think the light striker issue is a non issue. So far, the few (I believe the total is 7) that have been returned to Springfield have been determined to be non problems. Springfield is reporting that the XDS needs to be cleaned and lubed good for the first 500 rounds during break in. After that it is good to go. The returned guns, when cleaned and lubed worked perfect. When you read through the forum, you will find that most are reporting that the gun runs fine up to 40 or 50 rounds and then they start to experience some light striker issues (one every additional 30 or 40 rounds). When cleaned and lubed the problem goes away again. I believe the XD line spoiled everyone into the idea that any Springfield can be shot and shot without cleaning or lubing at all and not have any problems. The new XDS is a different animal altogether.

yellolab 07-19-2012 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckyP (Post 19211828)
I have about 500 rounds through mine now. Really like the gun. Thankfully, no light strike issues.

Is there a difference in size between the Solo and XDS? Just wondering why one is summer, and one is winter carry?

Solo is quite a bit smaller- it's dang close to pocket carry.

Kevin

BuckyP 07-19-2012 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellolab (Post 19212322)
Solo is quite a bit smaller- it's dang close to pocket carry.

Kevin

Good to know, thanks. :wavey:

elde 07-19-2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricklee4570 (Post 19211848)
I think the light striker issue is a non issue. So far, the few (I believe the total is 7) that have been returned to Springfield have been determined to be non problems. Springfield is reporting that the XDS needs to be cleaned and lubed good for the first 500 rounds during break in. After that it is good to go. The returned guns, when cleaned and lubed worked perfect. When you read through the forum, you will find that most are reporting that the gun runs fine up to 40 or 50 rounds and then they start to experience some light striker issues (one every additional 30 or 40 rounds). When cleaned and lubed the problem goes away again. I believe the XD line spoiled everyone into the idea that any Springfield can be shot and shot without cleaning or lubing at all and not have any problems. The new XDS is a different animal altogether.

Great info....thank you for the response.

elde

tercel89 07-19-2012 08:25

To those that own an XDS , can you rack the slide without gripping the grip-safety ? On my older XD-9 I could not do this .

yellolab 07-19-2012 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by tercel89 (Post 19212488)
To those that own an XDS , can you rack the slide without gripping the grip-safety ? On my older XD-9 I could not do this .

Yes I just tried it.

Kevin

BuckyP 07-19-2012 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tercel89 (Post 19212488)
To those that own an XDS , can you rack the slide without gripping the grip-safety ? On my older XD-9 I could not do this .

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellolab (Post 19212529)
Yes I just tried it.

Kevin

I will also confirm this. The XDS is more GLOCK like than traditional XD like when it comes to the trigger system. It uses a trigger bar to move the striker, no sear like the XD-NO-S :supergrin:. The grip safety on the XDS blocks the trigger bar, having no effect on slide movement.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.