Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   SCREW IT!!! Just Ordered a Colt LE6920!!! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434507)

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 13:13

SCREW IT!!! Just Ordered a Colt LE6920!!!
 
OTD price is $1253 but there will be a $30 transfer fee at my local FFL.

I plan on selling a few to cover the costs.

PICS WHEN SHE ARRIVES!


TGG

bmoore 07-27-2012 13:38

Congrats to you. I just sold a guitar and worked a little OT to fund a BCM upper. Gotta love gun addicts like us, we will do anything to keep it going.

EL COLONEL 07-27-2012 14:00

Good for you , heck you might even love it ....:whistling:

SigFTW 07-27-2012 14:30

LOL, congrats!!

Welcome to the dark side!:wow:

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigFTW (Post 19242096)
LOL, congrats!!

Welcome to the dark side........


......AGAIN!!!:wavey:


I used to own a RRA LAR-15 but sold it because I never shot it. I'm sure it has a good home now and I plan on NOT making the same mistake with this new Colt!


I know I can learn to love the AR platform if I just give it a chance!


TGG

bac1023 07-27-2012 15:29

Congrats! :cool:

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19242283)
Congrats! :cool:

Thanks bac!


TGG

4 glocks 07-27-2012 18:20

Have fun congrads

Restless28 07-27-2012 18:24

I bought one this afternoon in FDE with Magpul.

For good measure, I added 1000 rounds of XM993 and 6 more Magpul mags.

Tim151515 07-27-2012 18:29

I just bought one today!! I can say, from first glance, it seems to be somewhat better than the colt m4 I was issued. The sights are easier to ajust, better buttstock, etc. Its my first(and prolly only) AR. It was more than double what I have paid for any other gun, but I decided to treat myself. I can finally say my collection is complete(not a collector, just like to have a gun to fit each niche) unless I run across some old cheap surplus deals that I can't pass up. For instance, I wouldnt mind owning a tokarev(sp?) But back to the rifle, congrats!

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19242802)
I bought one this afternoon in FDE with Magpul.

For good measure, I added 1000 rounds of XM993 and 6 more Magpul mags.

I now wish I hadn't sold all six of my PMags on GB after I sold my RRA AR.:crying:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim151515 (Post 19242819)
I just bought one today!! I can say, from first glance, it seems to be somewhat better than the colt m4 I was issued. The sights are easier to ajust, better buttstock, etc. Its my first(and prolly only) AR. It was more than double what I have paid for any other gun, but I decided to treat myself. I can finally say my collection is complete(not a collector, just like to have a gun to fit each niche) unless I run across some old cheap surplus deals that I can't pass up. For instance, I wouldnt mind owning a tokarev(sp?) But back to the rifle, congrats!

Well, I am a collector, and this Colt is like #71 I think:supergrin:

I love guns and I have a great collection, but I really want this gun because it is an icon of American ingenuity! I am looking forward to seeing it in person!


Thanks all:wavey:


TGG

FLRon777 07-27-2012 18:53

You only live once GG! Enjoy your new rifle!

Tim151515 07-27-2012 18:55

You will love it! It is my first personally owned colt. Nothing is better than having a gun with a pony on it. like I said, im not a collector...and to be honest I was going to get a MP15sport...which is a GREAT value...but then I was like..you know what, I want what I was issued. Glad I made that choice.

itstime 07-27-2012 18:55

Congrats. Can't go wrong with that at all.

stopatrain 07-27-2012 19:05

Nice, you will like it.

Nutt51 07-27-2012 19:39

Excellent choice, I know you will enjoy it.

I have owned some crap AR's and some good one's.

My Colt and my 2 BCM's are my favorites.

Now start saving for some bulk 5.56 ammo and
Pmag's.

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutt51 (Post 19243092)
Excellent choice, I know you will enjoy it.

I have owned some crap AR's and some good one's.

My Colt and my 2 BCM's are my favorites.

Now start saving for some bulk 5.56 ammo and
Pmag's.

I will definitely try to get more ammo as soon as possible!

Right now I have a little over 2K rounds.....200 of those are the green tip "Penetrator".


TGG

4 glocks 07-27-2012 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru (Post 19243125)
I will definitely try to get more ammo as soon as possible!

Right now I have a little over 2K rounds.....200 of those are the green tip "Penetrator".


TGG


2K is a good start. I am sure you know they come with 2 20 round Colt mags.

Tim151515 07-27-2012 20:06

Just out of curiosity to the OP, what are you planning on doing to it? I am def leaving the carrying handle/rear sight, because I love iron sites and think it just looks cool. But I was thinking of, down the road maybe adding a bipod(since it will be a range rifle) and a rubber hogue grip..

Raven1967 07-27-2012 20:17

Congrats!

4 glocks 07-27-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim151515 (Post 19243214)
Just out of curiosity to the OP, what are you planning on doing to it? I am def leaving the carrying handle/rear sight, because I love iron sites and think it just looks cool. But I was thinking of, down the road maybe adding a bipod(since it will be a range rifle) and a rubber hogue grip..


I know you asked the op. I got one a few weeks ago and it looks like good timeing. I am sure you will like it.
I am going to keep mine stock it shoots very well.
I do have a 1983 Colt sp1 that has the Colt co witness scope mount with 4X leopold on it. At some point I will try the Leopold just to see how it shoots. The good thing about those mounts they stay at zero if you take them off.
I will keep it stock to keep the weight down.
Good luck with yours and enjoy.

gunowner1 07-27-2012 20:50

Got my 6920 FDE two weeks ago. I'll put pics up tomorrow. Got a good sling, and threw an Eotech 512 on it while I had a little extra cash. I got six PMags right now and 500 rounds of 5.56. I plan on picking up more ammo and mags this weekend. Also going to go out to Okeechobee Shotting Center Sunday to see how it shoots out to 100 yrds.

mixflip 07-27-2012 22:33

Congrats! I got mine. Im glad you got yours before the rush.

fnfalman 07-28-2012 00:34

Is it black?

steve1911 07-28-2012 01:16

Congrats!




1911club#410


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.