Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Furball Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   "My" town has been invaded by twits (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439124)

countrygun 08-23-2012 11:04

"My" town has been invaded by twits

I am probably best off venting here rather than "The Lounge" , it will get fewer views, but I am betting it will bring fewer similar twits out of the woodwork.

Here is the story, it is in three parts.

I live several miles out in the hills. My wife and I used to live in the town and she still works at the hospital. The try to claim the town has a population of 2,400 Ha! with a tailwind. It is a peaceful quite place and my wife and I both have deep roots in the community, old families and all that. It is kind of "Mayberry-by the ocean"

The hospital has been "absorbed" by a "Medical services corporation" most of the personel are trying to get out or retire. They have suspended the "priviledges" for 2 doctors recently and one of them is the most popular Dr. in the town. (his "suspension" is due to a shady complaint made by a shady person). The shining part to the hospital is actually the cafeteria. A couple of the best cooks/chefs in the town got tired of the "revolving door" system of owners in private restaurants so they went to work at the hospital. They uprgraded the food and it is a great place to eat and is sort of a "secret" restaurant in town prices are reasonable and it can only seat about 15 people at a time. It actually makes a profit and all is well.

Our little town is also home to quite a number of "head trauma" victims. It is a peaceful litlle place of low stress sort of an extention of our retirement community they are part of life around here.

One of our local sufferers is a delightful little guy. I have known him for 15 years. He is in his 40's and live with his retired mother. He was a financial analyst and investment broker type when he had a rock climbing accident. He has a bit of a skin condition and dresses to avoid direct sunlight. Due to his skills with investments before his accident, he and his mother are quite comfortable and he lives a very simple life he is now a very simple person.

He has a little "tour of the town" he takes on foot every day and is just one of our "characters". he is clean, neat, exceedingly polite and while a bit "odd" completely even less than harmless. One of the stops on his tour is the Hospital cafeteria for lunch or breaksfast on a egular basis.

Some "EFFIN TWIT" on the hospital staff complained because he was "strange" and he has been BANNED !!!:steamed:

ARRRGH, it's a HOSPITAL in a freaking SMALL TOWN. He is the victim of a head trauma, harmless and part of the community. SO FARKING WHAT???? This ain't the Mayo Clinic folks. 90% of the people in the hospital know this guy, because one of the new people the "corporation" didn't like him he gets banned. It's like saying "This is a hospital, we can't have people with medical conditions here"

I am very tempted to tell my wife to pull the pin and retire, and then go to the hospital and give some twit a little experience, from a patients view, of hospital services.

CanMan 08-23-2012 23:26

Lots of folks aren't very comfortable or tolerant of others that have a medical condition.... head truma or something like touretts. Big difference in a person with a medical condition and the panhandling bums that smell of urine, wine and are agressive to boot. I have no use for the latter. It is unfortunate that an institution whose sole purpose is to help people demonstrates such intolerance. Maybe I've got that wrong? I'm beginning to suspect that Hospitals in general are more concerned about making $$$ rather than providing quality health care.

janice6 08-23-2012 23:41

All my early years growing up we had a fellow with touretts. He was very athletic and quite a good ice skater.

We had a small lake located in the center of the city, maintained by the city, for ice skating. He was always there. At first new kids were scared of his outbursts, then when they found out it wasn't under his control, he was a good member of the teen group.

I still think of how he must have had a difficult time with a problem that was not under his control. At least the kids I knew believed him to be a really good person and welcome in our community.

Some ar not as lucky as the rest.

Brucev 08-24-2012 05:31

"90% of the people in the hospital know this guy, because one of the new people the "corporation" didn't like him he gets banned. It's like saying, 'This is a hospital, we can't have people with medical conditions here.'" Understand your reaction to this sort of thing. This is the sort of thing that happens when a person under the law deals with a real live person. What is best for that person under the law has nothing to do with meeting the needs of a real live person unless that real live person is adding to the bottom line of the person under the law. In this case, healthcare, etc., has nothing to do with the person under the law. If the person under the law could make a better profit for its owner/operators by selling pop corn at a ball game, it'd sell pop corn at a ball game.

AZL 09-10-2012 21:04

Sadly..."twits", "nitwits", "jagoffs", and "morons" are becoming a HUGE demographic all over the country.