Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Women's Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   What we're doing for FUN ! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444984)

BonnieB 09-27-2012 01:55

What we're doing for FUN !

Savannah and I went shooting today at The Gun Range in Sacramento and had more fun! I tried out some CCW handguns, a Ruger .38 revolver and a Glock .45 cal sub-compact. AND tried out a Glock 9mm. And she tried them all out too.

So, a new standup comedy routine "two women go to the gun range and spend the whole time shopping..." We looked at all the CCW sized guns and a few shotguns as well.

I liked the Ruger very well, small, light, nice to handle. Because it's so light, the .38 ammo has a lot of punch. I liked the Glock .45 subcompact too, the thing punches BIG holes. And very very accurate for me. After 50 rounds of .45, my little soft hands were TIRED. The Glock 27 (.40 cal subcompact) is also very accurate for me. The Ruger has the smallest footprint and weight, but I'm kind of a SA girl. So, decisions decisions and my Christmas list grows...

Aren't you all jealous of us two retired ladies wandering off to shoot on a Wednesday afternoon? A bunch of young tactical guys wandered in while I was negotiating rentals, and were drooling over my Scorpion range bag and looked right past my Glock, which was sitting right on the counter. Go figure...

Any other ladies in Sacramento want to join us the next time? Maybe the Lincoln Shooting Center? Not sure, open to suggestions.

sawgrass 09-27-2012 07:05

It sounds like you had a blast! Ha!

My partner and I frequently spend the day touring the local guns shops and or shooting. We both carry almost always,
so it's great fun to look at new stuff. My favorite caliber to shoot is .45ACP. BonnieB have you shot a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power?

FWIW, I received an email from Bud's Gun Shop this am introducing a few new items for women.

Savannah11 09-27-2012 10:43

Shopping and shooting goes very well together! While I am not a big fan of shopping, I find that shopping for guns is enjoyable.

I really enjoyed the Ruger yesterday. I liked the Glock .45 cal, but don't see myself shooting it a lot. I didn't have a glove and my hand hurt after a few rounds. That being said, it was deadly accurate. I shot about 80 rounds through my Glock 19 and got a system down for marking my shots and making adjustments. I have about 600 rounds+ through my Glock 19 gen 4 and it has performed perfectly with no brass to face. I will reserve judgment until I have a couple thousand rounds through it.

The Gun Range in North Highlands is a great place to shoot. The guys and gals behind the desk are really helpful and can't do enough to help you improve your shooting, let you try different calibers and handguns. They are friendly, talkative and just do everything they can to help. Their attitude is contagious. Don't miss trying out this great new addition to the Sacramento area.

Today I am taking my new Browning Buckmark Plus UDX out of layaway and finally getting it jailed. I was in my 30 day waiting so they kindly lay-awayed it for me. I am also shopping for a shotgun for trap. My husband bought a beautiful older Winchester 1400 12 gauge that I love to shoot, but the stock is just WAY to big. It fits him perfectly, but my back hurts from the long stock. Any suggestions????

sawgrass 09-27-2012 22:28

There is a thread here somewhere about shotguns.
Zonnie directed me towards a Beretta 3901RL.
I tried to find one to shoot, but that didn't happen so I ordered one, and haven't had a moments regret.

I picked up a Browning Superposed a few months ago.
There is a little more kick, but it is a beautiful gun.

They are both 12 gauge.

Savannah11 09-28-2012 13:18

I will check it out. Thanks sawgrass.

BonnieB 09-28-2012 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawgrass (Post 19460660)
It sounds like you had a blast! Ha!

My partner and I frequently spend the day touring the local guns My favorite caliber to shoot is .45ACP. BonnieB have you shot a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power?

FWIW, I received an email from Bud's Gun Shop this am introducing a few new items for women.

I've shot a 1911 replica, .22lr, but I'm sure it's not the same. And I haven't come across a Browning Hi Power. But if I find any to try, I will. The Glock .45 subcompact wasn't kicking my butt, so a heavier gun should be ok too.

sawgrass 09-28-2012 14:16

I carry a G19, a G26 or a Beretta Type M, which are all 9mm. If I were taller I would carry a full size 5" 1911.
The Beretta is stainless and I have a thing for stainless guns. It's in a High Noon holster that pulls it in very close
to my body, which makes it very concealable.

Of all the guns that I have shot, nothing feels like a
Govt. 1911 or a Browning Hi-Power. SA makes a 9mm
1911, that is very fun to play with at the range.

It's great that the two of you went shooting together!

BonnieB 09-30-2012 13:43

We're going again soon. Who else on the forum in in the general Sacramento area? The more the merrier.

Silent_Runner 09-30-2012 19:36

Did you take any pictures?

BonnieB 10-01-2012 16:40

No, no pics. No one would put down a gun long enough!

BonnieB 10-06-2012 22:48

Hellooo ! <crickets> Where is everyone?

Lone_Wolfe 10-08-2012 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 19492815)
Hellooo ! <crickets> Where is everyone?

Staying the hell away from you crazy people with your guns! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BonnieB 10-08-2012 18:27

Oh, you flatterer! Sweet talkin' momma!

LiebeGlock 10-10-2012 17:54

Why don't you move to another state that will allow a Glock 26 Gen 4. Because it will be perfect for you!

If you're ever in Michigan, I will love to join you for a shooting fest!

BonnieB 10-10-2012 18:22

I don't get to Michigan much. But if I am, I'll look you up.