Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Kalashnikov Klub (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Muzzle Devices (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445800)

Hedo1 10-02-2012 07:32

Muzzle Devices
 
I have a standard slant break on my Yugo.

Thinking about upgrading to the more modern AK74 device or maybe the Krink Style break. I like the Krink style just for looks.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience with either of these two breaks on a 7.62X39 rifle?

plouffedaddy 10-02-2012 08:25

Either will be more effective than what you've got; that's for sure. Are you looking for muzzle climb reduction or flash suppression primarily?

Hedo1 10-02-2012 08:36

Muzzle Climb primarily. The slant does a good job off it but I hear there are better.

WayaX 10-02-2012 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedo1 (Post 19477252)
Muzzle Climb primarily. The slant does a good job off it but I hear there are better.

The '74 brake is fine for recoil reduction, and they can be had pretty cheap. They do put out a fireball though.

Barring the '74 brake, I'd go with a battlecomp.

plouffedaddy 10-02-2012 11:25

http://www.srvv.org/en/catalog/1317/29862/


That's the best muzzle brake I've ever used for an AK. You'd have to get an adaptor for your gun but it really is amazing how well it works. I used to have a video review of it on my old channel which demonstrated this but haven't re-uploaded it to my new one yet; in due time it'll be back up....

HWI 10-02-2012 13:27

You may also want to take a look at the Manticore Arms NightBrake. It works quite well, is small, and is relatively inexpensive. It doesn't hide flash at all, doesn't enhance it as bad as the 74 style brake either, just something to keep in mind.

mjkeat 10-02-2012 13:36

I like what PWS has to offer.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...5&idcategory=6

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...7&idcategory=6

plouffedaddy 10-03-2012 11:27

http://damageusa.com/product/ak-muzzle-brake

I just got that little gem in the other day. Haven't ran any rounds through it yet but for the price of a tapco with a design that probably actually works it may be a winner. I'll post my findings once I put some rounds through it though....

mjkeat 10-03-2012 11:46

Other thna the two already listed that I know work take a look at http://www.rifledynamics.com/products/akbc.php . I use a couple BCs on ARs and they work great.

uz2bUSMC 10-03-2012 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 19481015)
Other thna the two already listed that I know work take a look at http://www.rifledynamics.com/products/akbc.php . I use a couple BCs on ARs and they work great.

It does appear to work great.


plouffedaddy 10-03-2012 18:20

The only issue with the RD brake is it will cost 1/3 of what your rifle ran you.:dunno:

HWI 10-03-2012 18:40

I'd love to run a Battelcomp, but have a seriously hard time swallowing the idea of dropping $200 on a muzzle device.

mjkeat 10-03-2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by plouffedaddy (Post 19482294)
The only issue with the RD brake is it will cost 1/3 of what your rifle ran you.:dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HWI (Post 19482351)
I'd love to run a Battelcomp, but have a seriously hard time swallowing the idea of dropping $200 on a muzzle device.

If it works it works and if it works it's worth the cost. You can purchase 2-3 MD's hoping they'll work or spend the same one one you know works.

HWI 10-04-2012 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 19483012)
If it works it works and if it works it's worth the cost. You can purchase 2-3 MD's hoping they'll work or spend the same one one you know works.

That reasoning would work if there weren't muzzle devices that cost less that are known to work well. For instance, I know the PWS FSC and Manitcore Arms NightBrake work and they cost a lot less.

Hedo1 10-04-2012 13:00

Anybody seen or used this one by Mid West Industries? I find most of thier stuff to be solid and well built.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_ID=424

mjkeat 10-04-2012 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HWI (Post 19484584)
That reasoning would work if there weren't muzzle devices that cost less that are known to work well. For instance, I know the PWS FSC and Manitcore Arms NightBrake work and they cost a lot less.

Have you shot either? Hows the blast? I run the PWS you mentioned and it has quite a bit more blast and felt concussion than the BC. I'm not pushing the BC for any other reason than they are highly proven and highly functional.



Not saying the others aren't. But I've found the BC to be the best in all areas.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedo1 (Post 19485156)
Anybody seen or used this one by Mid West Industries? I find most of thier stuff to be solid and well built.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...ategory_ID=424

That looks to be a flash suppressor/hider. It probably doesn't have much in the line of compensation value.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HWI 10-04-2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 19485184)
Have you shot either? Hows the blast? I run the PWS you mentioned and it has quite a bit more blast and felt concussion than the BC. I'm not pushing the BC for any other reason than they are highly proven and highly functional.

Yeah, I own a Manticore NightBrake. It is really good at arresting muzzle rise, but has slightly more felt recoil than a 74 brake imo. Something I really like about it is how small it is, cuts weight and length off the rifle compared to most muzzle devices.

The PWS FSC I have used, but do not own. I found it to be very effective at reducing muzzle rise and muzzle flash. I do agree with you on muzzle blast, it reminded me of the 74 brake in that regard.

mjkeat 10-04-2012 20:46

The BC does just as good of a job if not better as the PWS w/ less flash and concusion. $200 is a lot no doubt but worth it to me.

SCSU74 10-04-2012 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedo1 (Post 19477095)
I have a standard slant break on my Yugo.

Thinking about upgrading to the more modern AK74 device or maybe the Krink Style break. I like the Krink style just for looks.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience with either of these two breaks on a 7.62X39 rifle?

Ended up getting a jtac from pws for my yugo. Love it


Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

mjkeat 10-04-2012 20:50

I run a jtac on my converted Saiga. It is decent


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.