Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Unprofessional cop with open carry activist (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446576)

frizz 10-07-2012 03:23

Unprofessional cop with open carry activist

When will these cops ever learn? I mean, I just don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

EDIT: No, I'm not serious. The cop did a great job.

Hack 10-07-2012 04:40

Perhaps if you explain your question, and statement in detail.

Morris 10-07-2012 04:45

Yay! I want people to look at me! I feel special!

Hack 10-07-2012 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris (Post 19493085)
Yay! I want people to look at me! I feel special!

Indeed.

3rdgen40 10-07-2012 05:02

Professional,Courteous Police Officer deals with attention seekers.That's what the title of this thread should be.

Ducowti 10-07-2012 06:27

The POV cameraman is a total doosh. That encounter probably had him running home to punch the clown to lingerie catalogs.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Wonder140 10-07-2012 06:35

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hack 10-07-2012 06:40

I looked at the video. To me it looks like younguns going out for attention seeking. They got their attention from a professional who was being professional. Admittedly I have seen worse on YouTube.

beatcop 10-07-2012 06:51

-I am recording you
-why are you carrying an AR-15 (downtown)

Nothing to see here folks, just attention seekers getting what they want.

Dukeboy01 10-07-2012 07:04

What I saw was two civil libertardian d- bags being attention whores and the cop doing his best to to his job without aggravating the situation. What exactly was "unprofessional" in the video, frizz? Give us a time stamp or some specific quotes. Don't just post and run.

I stand by my original judgement of you in the first Coptalk thread you posted. You're a "concern troll." You're slicker and more low key than most of our trolls, but a troll all the same.

RussP 10-07-2012 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizz (Post 19493062)
When will these cops ever learn? I mean, I just don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

What is your purpose in posting this? It's a multiple choice question...
  1. To pull cops into another OC contentious discussion with OCing GT members?

2. To pull OCers into Cop Talk to get into mud slinging contests with LE members?

3. To create another confrontation thread with cops and OCers going at each other?

4. Other ______________________________________

SGT HATRED 10-07-2012 07:14

I'm thinking the OP's post was sarcasm. The police officer in the video was quite professional. What I don't understand is why the OCers didn't walk away when the cop gave them that option multiple times...

wprebeck 10-07-2012 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT HATRED (Post 19493252)
I'm thinking the OP's post was sarcasm. The police officer in the video was quite professional. What I don't understand is why the OCers didn't walk away when the cop gave them that option multiple times...

Because they're *********s, that's why.

For the record -

Nowhere in the Constitution is it written that one must be an absolute ******* in order to exercise one's right guaranteed under that document. Too many people, including a number on this board, feel that confrontation is in order, merely to make themselves feel good about carrying a gun. They think, "Man, I really showed that jack booted thug, pig of a cop" when acting like an immature child.

Further, those same *******s get all upset about a cop getting a bit nasty during an encounter, also forgetting that the Constitution doesn't specify that law enforcement officers must be polite all the time.

*******s, I tell ya.

dbak 10-07-2012 07:26

Kids are gay

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

HalfHazzard 10-07-2012 07:48

So the instigator's (the video guy) hands and feet are out of view. The cop should just yell, "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KICK ME!" and then whoop the **** out of these guys.:cool:

Problem solved.

Bren 10-07-2012 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT HATRED (Post 19493252)

Because, aside from being stupid POSs, their only purpose for going through town with rifles was to provoke a confrontation with police and put it on youtube. They want to show that the officer was violating their rights and to walk away when he told them they could would not create that impression.

What I want to see is the video when a non-officer takes their guns and beats their ###es. If you've ever dealt with or known people like these (and you aren't one) you know a 16-year-old gang banger could rob them without being in serious danger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wprebeck (Post 19493274)
Too many people, including a number on this board, feel that confrontation is in order, merely to make themselves feel good about carrying a gun. They think, "Man, I really showed that jack booted thug, pig of a cop" when acting like an immature child.

My best guess is, in their minds, like that Leonard fellow with the orange AK, they think they will be some sort of heroes to gun owners. They don't get that the only people who think they're "cool" when they see these videos are their fellow mall-ninja-nerds who also just recently added guns alongside their comic book and sci-fi hobbies.

HalfHazzard 10-07-2012 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19493332)
What I want to see is the video when a non-officer takes their guns and beats their ###es. If you've ever dealt with or known people like these (and you aren't one) you know a 16-year-old gang banger could rob them without being in serious danger.

Post this on world star hip hop... then all the gang bangers that watch YouTube would know these idiots walk around with unloaded guns.

jdh31313 10-07-2012 08:09

I would have took the officer up on the offer to see his rifle :)

jeepinbandit 10-07-2012 08:19

Cop was professional didn't seem to be bullying them or anything made a contact.

The kids weren't total *********s but you could tell their adrenline was up and were talking at 1 million miles an hour. And the cop had much more knowledge on the law than they did and I was impressed with that :)

Misleading title is misleading and I'm usually very pro open carry and anti bad cop. This cop wasn't a bad guy.

jbglock 10-07-2012 10:00

I'm starting to think all this OC stuff was started by anti gun activists to make all gun owners look bad.

wprebeck, you hit the nail on the head. Nothing in the constitution says I have to be polite if you aren't. Of course people tend to equate an officer not being polite with having their rights violated. Do these states where this seems to occur frequently not have the charge of going armed to the terror of the public?