Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Range outing today - Fusion Longslide: 25, 50 and 100y shooting (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446658)

nickE10mm 10-07-2012 15:58

Range outing today - Fusion Longslide: 25, 50 and 100y shooting
 
Hey all,

Thought I'd post a few pics of my range outing today. I went out to my friend's land to help him and his dad sight in a few .30-30 scopes for the upcoming season. I brought several pistols but didn't have time to shoot anything but the Fusion.

While they were getting their scopes on "paper", I shot a couple mags at the 25 yard line, laying prone. I wasn't really trying for ultimate one-hole accuracy... just trying to get everything in the 4-5" shoot-n-see... One shot every second or a little longer. My shots were better grouped than the rifles! I also shot at a pumpkin I'd bought on the way out there. My loads were all 180-200gr XTP's over stiff charges of Blue Dot and Longshot, although, since I loaded the mags the night before, I don't know which groups were which load. Still, they were all pretty stout (medium warm to hot). I also shot at the pumpkin at 50 yards when the rifle shooters moved back. Lastly, I shot a mag at the pumpkin at 100 yards (my first try EVER shooting at 100y, btw) and HIT it! hehe... fun stuff...

Temp was about 47 degrees and the wind was blowing about 10-15mph, gusting to 20mph or so. Beautiful day but a tad to windy for sharpshooting. :)

Anyhow, here are some pics. The first pumpkin pic was entrance hole on the first shot at 25y, the second pic is the exit. There are 25y target pics (mine was the lower shoot-n-see). Also got a pic of the view looking at the target at 100y. Quite a long shot for a pistol.

BTW, I HIGHLY recommend pumpkin shooting. Pumpkins will allow more than one shot and stay put while allowing a channel to be carved through by the bullet. Very cool and fun...

Enjoy...

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7835.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7841.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7839.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7840.jpg

nickE10mm 10-07-2012 15:59

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7837.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7843.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7837.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7838.jpg
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMG_7836.jpg

janice6 10-07-2012 16:03

Very nice!

nickE10mm 10-07-2012 16:06

I've got a video of me shooting the pumpkin and hitting it at 100y... working on the upload now

denn1911 10-07-2012 16:13

Sounds like a great time and a ton of fun. It must be a blast to have access to their land for shooting privately.

nickE10mm 10-07-2012 16:23

VIDEO:::


nickE10mm 10-07-2012 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by denn1911 (Post 19494766)
Sounds like a great time and a ton of fun. It must be a blast to have access to their land for shooting privately.

It sure is... Hopefully I'll get a weekend or two this season on their land to hunt, as well... I've been helping him and his dad out all year with odds and ends around the place. Maybe they will find it in their hearts... lol

:cool:

Ethereal Killer 10-07-2012 16:42

man that shore is a purdy heater you got there!! :D

Taterhead 10-08-2012 22:21

Great report Nick!

It looks like you have your punkin carvin done already. Just stick a candle in there for Halloween and off you go.

Good luck with deer hunting season.

nickE10mm 10-09-2012 07:14

Thanks guys ... Its safe to say I've got the fever... and after shooting at 50 and 100y with my Fusion and seeing a huge chunk of pumpkin fly off at 100y, I'm REALLY fired up. lol.

Gary1911A1 10-09-2012 07:48

Very nice 10MM you have there. It's on my list of 1911s' to get.:wavey:

_The_Shadow 10-09-2012 07:49

Way to go Nick pumkin carving 10mm style! You killed Jack-O-Lantern!

ctious 10-09-2012 07:54

Good shooting. I shoot my longslide out to 285 yards. There is a 10 in post that far. Standing freehand I hit it on avg of 8 out of 10 shots. The drop is only about 25 inch. I have found the 10 to be super accurate at long range. I am thinking about getting a ccu for it.

The longest I have ever shot was just shy of 400 yards freehand at a rock in a field. First shot nailed it. The rock was about 2ft in size. I was suprised. Was holding over about 6ft or so.

nickE10mm 10-09-2012 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctious (Post 19500052)
Good shooting. I shoot my longslide out to 285 yards. There is a 10 in post that far. Standing freehand I hit it on avg of 8 out of 10 shots. The drop is only about 25 inch. I have found the 10 to be super accurate at long range. I am thinking about getting a ccu for it.

The longest I have ever shot was just shy of 400 yards freehand at a rock in a field. First shot nailed it. The rock was about 2ft in size. I was suprised. Was holding over about 6ft or so.

Nice....

As we all know... once you shoot at 100y (or further) a few times, 25 and even 50y groups become much easier. :)

alwaysshootin 10-09-2012 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer (Post 19494854)
man that shore is a purdy heater you got there!! :D

I'll go out on a limb, and say Nick, that is the best looking 10MM I've seen! Sounds and looks like you are enjoying the heck out of it!:supergrin:

^^^^^^^^ biggest smile I could find!

nickE10mm 10-09-2012 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysshootin (Post 19500326)
I'll go out on a limb, and say Nick, that is the best looking 10MM I've seen! Sounds and looks like you are enjoying the heck out of it!:supergrin:

^^^^^^^^ biggest smile I could find!

Yes, I've enjoyed this pistol more than any firearm I've ever owned, actually.... I dreamed about having it nearly five YEARS before I had it... so I had lots of time to decide on how I wanted it built... I can't say enough about it.

Thanks again for the compliments!

ctious 10-09-2012 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19500356)
Yes, I've enjoyed this pistol more than any firearm I've ever owned, actually.... I dreamed about having it nearly five YEARS before I had it... so I had lots of time to decide on how I wanted it built... I can't say enough about it.

Thanks again for the compliments!

I am thinking and planning one out like yours now. What finish is that?

I am thinking I want it parkerized.

Also how has it handled nuke loads?

samuse 10-09-2012 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19500059)
Nice....

As we all know... once you shoot at 100y (or further) a few times, 25 and even 50y groups become much easier. :)

I've shot a Glock 17 at 100 on a 2/3 IDPA steel. It was a PITA for me but I bet that long 10mm would've made it easy!

Good lookin' gun.

nickE10mm 10-09-2012 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuse (Post 19501994)
I've shot a Glock 17 at 100 on a 2/3 IDPA steel. It was a PITA for me but I bet that long 10mm would've made it easy!

Good lookin' gun.

Thanks man!

nickE10mm 10-10-2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctious (Post 19500978)
I am thinking and planning one out like yours now. What finish is that?

I am thinking I want it parkerized.

Also how has it handled nuke loads?

I opted for the Ion-Bond finish with the slide being polished and the frame being left matte/satin. It gives it a very subtle two-toned look without really being two toned...

It handles nukes like a champ. It also has nearly the best case support I've EVER seen in ANY semi-auto and fantastic reliability. Love this pistol, can you tell.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.