Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   `Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1` (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446709)

LASTRESORT20 10-07-2012 20:34

`Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1`
 
http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com...ar-t-shirt.jpg


"The professional core of the U.S. military overwhelmingly favors Mitt Romney over President Obama in the upcoming election"

"Almost 80 percent of respondents have a college degree — including 27 percent with a graduate degree and more than 11 percent with a post-graduate degree — while an additional 18.5 percent have some college under their belts.
And they are battle-hardened; almost 29 percent have spent more than two cumulative years deployed since 9/11, while a similar percentage has spent one to two cumulative years deployed.
The Military Times poll shows that Republicans continue to enjoy overwhelming support among the military’s professional ranks."

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/1...ma-2-1-100712/

DOC44 10-07-2012 20:36

but will they get to vote and will their votes be counted?

Doc44

GAFinch 10-07-2012 20:38

Probably why military absentee ballots are down 70% over 2008.

janice6 10-07-2012 20:40

Can't count them if they show up late......hhhhmmmmmm

Jerry 10-07-2012 20:44

2 to 1? I would have thought it would be more like 10 to 1.

JFrame 10-07-2012 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 19495650)
2 to 1? I would have thought it would be more like 10 to 1.


Ha -- I would have thought so also. Although 2 to 1 is still pretty danged overwhelming... :cool:


.

LASTRESORT20 10-07-2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFrame (Post 19495679)
Ha -- I would have thought so also. Although 2 to 1 is still pretty danged overwhelming... :cool:


.

Hey Jframe..
Look and Analyze the chart in the article `more closely`...that would explain a bit more...for me it did.

professorpinki 10-08-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOC44 (Post 19495626)
but will they get to vote and will their votes be counted?

Doc44

No their rights will be taken away because they all have PTSD. :upeyes:

Cavalry Doc 10-08-2012 14:39

Notice that very few of them are voting for Paul yet?

:rofl:

Cavalry Doc 10-08-2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorpinki (Post 19497550)
No their rights will be taken away because they all have PTSD. :upeyes:

All of us have PTS. Some of us have embraced it, and it is not a disorder.

Once you understand that what you did there helped keep you alive, and that no one should expect perfect performance from themselves or others in combat, it makes perfect sense to be a little more vigilant than the average guy that has not lived in that environment. Combat vets are different, but they aren't abnormal, for the most part.

Some guys do get stuck in transitioning to home life, and they deserve every bit of help we can give them.

Being in combat changes everyone. I think it changed me for the better. Every experience is unique, and every person experiencing those situations is unique too. There is no cookie cutter solution that will work for everyone.

muscogee 10-08-2012 15:38

Of course. Obama's going to cut their funding.

jdavionic 10-08-2012 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFinch (Post 19495635)
Probably why military absentee ballots are down 70% over 2008.

You don't think the two are related...do you? Say it ain't so.

professorpinki 10-08-2012 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc (Post 19497582)
All of us have PTS. Some of us have embraced it, and it is not a disorder.

Once you understand that what you did there helped keep you alive, and that no one should expect perfect performance from themselves or others in combat, it makes perfect sense to be a little more vigilant than the average guy that has not lived in that environment. Combat vets are different, but they aren't abnormal, for the most part.

Some guys do get stuck in transitioning to home life, and they deserve every bit of help we can give them.

Being in combat changes everyone. I think it changed me for the better. Every experience is unique, and every person experiencing those situations is unique too. There is no cookie cutter solution that will work for everyone.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...89ingKrOGL12kQ


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.