Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GSSF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Milwaukee Prelims are up! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446786)

bryandover 10-08-2012 13:05

Milwaukee Prelims are up!

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2012/2012mwi.pdf

4-40s 10-09-2012 06:50

A first?

If the prelim results hold for Heavy Metal, Bryan Dover will take matchmeister from that division. It is premature to call it the win, but congratulations for an awsome score with the big dog. As this is a realatively new division has a matchmeister come from it as yet? I was ecstatic that my first heavy metal run was under 90.0 but yours cut that in half and better, good shooting brother. Here's to hoping this holds up so maybe more HM shooters will emerge!!
Mike in West Texas

SARDG 10-09-2012 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-40s (Post 19499845)
If the prelim results hold for Heavy Metal, Bryan Dover will take matchmeister from that division. It is premature to call it the win, but congratulations for an awsome score with the big dog. As this is a realatively new division has a matchmeister come from it as yet? I was ecstatic that my first heavy metal run was under 90.0 but yours cut that in half and better, good shooting brother. Here's to hoping this holds up so maybe more HM shooters will emerge!!
Mike in West Texas

I think MajorSub dilutes HM somewhat. HM is the first Division that I don't shoot if limiting my Divisions. I actually like the challenge (and aggravation) of shooting 6 plates with 7 rounds. For many shooters that isn't a factor at all. :crying:

4-40s 10-09-2012 11:27

Huh?

Heavy Metal is an eleven shots for plates and M division. I did not say, nor can the matchmeister come from Major Sub, which is what you refer to Sarge. You quoted my post but there was not any mention of Major Sub in my post. So my question still stands, is Bryan the first to take matchmeister from the Heavy Metal division?
Mike in west Texas

SARDG 10-09-2012 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-40s (Post 19500690)
Heavy Metal is an eleven shots for plates and M division. I did not say, nor can the matchmeister come from Major Sub, which is what you refer to Sarge. You quoted my post but there was not any mention of Major Sub in my post. So my question still stands, is Bryan the first to take matchmeister from the Heavy Metal division?
Mike in west Texas

My point was - although obviously too loosely made - that there would likely be more shooters in HM if MajSub didn't exist.

SARDG
(Search and Rescue Dog - USCG) ;)

ETA: Matchmeister is generally above my paygrade so I don't know that HM answer.

Ocean_glocker 10-09-2012 11:47

Kitty you need to clean your PM inbox, tried sending you a PM

SARDG 10-09-2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean_glocker (Post 19500753)
Kitty you need to clean your PM inbox, tried sending you a PM

I've gotten 3 whole PMs in just 2 days. I must be getting popular, or I must have posted something controversial - again! :supergrin:

VJ- Just click on my screen name and e-mail me if you can. If you're dead-set against it, I could perhaps clean out my inbox - but I much prefer e-mail. :)

Kitty

Ocean_glocker 10-09-2012 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARDG (Post 19500786)
I've gotten 3 whole PMs in just 2 days. I must be getting popular, or I must have posted something controversial - again! :supergrin:

VJ- Just click on my screen name and e-mail me if you can. If you're dead-set against it, I could perhaps clean out my inbox - but I much prefer e-mail. :)

Kitty

email sent

Butch 10-09-2012 22:03

Apparently Master Stock was a rough match ..... :wow:

SARDG 10-09-2012 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch (Post 19502525)
Apparently Master Stock was a rough match ..... :wow:

Not 4 U... by .04 secs. You ruined Bryan's sweep. :)

MikeLogan 10-10-2012 12:26

Milwaukee was my first GSSF match and I had a great time. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating of a clueless newbie like myself.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved for putting on such a great event. I'll definitely be back next year.

bryandover 10-10-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARDG (Post 19502610)
You ruined Bryan's sweep. :)

Should be Butch ruined Bryan's sweep. :crying:

Butch 10-10-2012 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLogan (Post 19503924)
Milwaukee was my first GSSF match and I had a great time. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating of a clueless newbie like myself.

That's exactly what we're shootin for Mike! Glad you liked it!

Welcome to GlockTalk and GSSF!

Butch 10-10-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARDG (Post 19502610)
You ruined Bryan's sweep. :)

I guess so..... :)

.....but I'm still not thrilled with my scores, there was something about the 5tG this time....spose they used a 'meter stick' to measure instead of a yard stick? ;)

bryandover 10-10-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-40s (Post 19499845)
If the prelim results hold for Heavy Metal, Bryan Dover will take matchmeister from that division. It is premature to call it the win, but congratulations for an awsome score with the big dog.

Thanks, that's :cool: if it's the first MM from Heavy Metal.

bryandover 10-10-2012 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch (Post 19505031)
I guess so..... :)

.....but I'm still not thrilled with my scores, there was something about the 5tG this time....spose they used a 'meter stick' to measure instead of a yard stick? ;)

Your mind was still spending that 3g you just came into. I have never shot the plates good there.

Butch 10-10-2012 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandover (Post 19505092)
Thanks, that's :cool: if it's the first MM from Heavy Metal.

I just took a quick look through all of this years match results and it appears that it is indeed the first time MM in Heavy metal! (No guarantees on the accuracy of my quick look through)

And that is indeed cool! Congrats!

Butch 10-10-2012 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandover (Post 19505106)
Your mind was still spending that 3g you just came into.

I just got Glock mail yesterday....want to see a picture of it? ;)

Quote:

I have never shot the plates good there.
I shot the plates well there this time....3 strings out of four that is, the fourth one being a nice crash. :crying: