Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Fair share? Fine- How's THIS for FAIR SHARE?!? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447067)

Skyhook 10-10-2012 06:40

Fair share? Fine- How's THIS for FAIR SHARE?!?

".. the top ten percent of income earners in the United States pay in federal income taxes as opposed to any other industrialized nation in the world.

According to Moore, these earners pay almost half (45 percent) of the country's total taxes. This conclusion flies in the face of the liberal concept that top earners in the U.S. are not paying their "fair share" in taxes."

Read more: PICKET: New book shows U.S. top earners pay larger share of taxes than any other industrialized nation - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz28tpRxK9M
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Brucev 10-10-2012 07:20

So what? They pay. Fine. A progressive tax structure works like that. Apply it to all "persons," including those fine "corporate person." Tax them up the wazo rather than letting them get a free ride. Tax them till the wingtippers can no longer have their bonuses. Tax them till they are out of business... or until than actually do real capital investment and real job creation in the U.S.

Skyhook 10-10-2012 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucev (Post 19503095)
So what? They pay. Fine. A progressive tax structure works like that. Apply it to all "persons," including those fine "corporate person." Tax them up the wazo rather than letting them get a free ride. Tax them till the wingtippers can no longer have their bonuses. Tax them till they are out of business... or until than actually do real capital investment and real job creation in the U.S.

You're serious, right? :supergrin:

How do you feel about 50% of the population contributing nothing? Is that fair?

valvestem 10-10-2012 07:57

My thoughts are a flat tax, on everyone, no exceptions, and if you do not work, you do not get a say (vote). By do not work, I mean freeloaders, who should and can work, but choose not to.

aircarver 10-10-2012 08:04

'Fair share' means 'you pay' ... :upeyes:

beforeobamabans 10-10-2012 08:06

I am aware of a company that does $12 billion per year of sales in the US. Because of a major warranty problem a decade ago, they have not paid one dollar in federal income taxes due to the Loss Carry Forward provision of the tax code. With the LCF consumed, they will begin paying 35% next year. Two extremes, eh? If Romney can eliminate this "loophole" then lower the corporate rate to 25%, that seems a good compromise to me and provides an excellent example of his model generating more income for the Treasury.

FLIPPER 348 10-10-2012 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhook (Post 19503151)

It's been that way for decades.

Skyhook 10-10-2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 (Post 19503187)

So, the present system is historically unfair?

Ok.

What ever happened to 'Nobody rides for free'?:whistling:

ChuteTheMall 10-10-2012 08:24

We didn't even cross the 40% threshold until the Obama regime; 42% in 2009, 41% in 2010.

http://i50.tinypic.com/be95yo.png

http://taxfoundation.org/article/put...eturns-chart-6

aircarver 10-10-2012 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhook (Post 19503225)
So, the present system is historically unfair?

Ok.

What ever happened to 'Nobody rides for free'?:whistling:

It simply wasn't well known how unfair it was until recently, because of media complicity.

The damn-nocrats are fine with it, and the republi-can'ts didn't want to have to do anything about it ... :steamed:

Skyhook 10-10-2012 08:37

Folks the excellent input here has me thinking when Obama says "fair share" he must be talking some kind of code.

To whom is he speaking that code, huh? :headscratch:

Zombie Surgeon 10-10-2012 08:41

Quote:

:whistling:
So was slavery.
That didn't mean it was right.

nursetim 10-10-2012 08:45

Corporations don't pay taxes, they pass it unto the consumer of whatever product. Can't afford a vacation? Thank corp. taxes. Food cost skyrocketing, than corp. taxes. Want to see phenomenal growth in GDP, do away with corp. taxes and make our country attractive to foreign investment and business.

I turned down an opportunity recently to start my own practice. The thing that stopped me was the hostile business environment. Are others starting and running successful businesses in the hostile environment? You bet. I just do not have the confidence to do so.

series1811 10-10-2012 10:31

Quote:

Not exactly a smashing rebuttal there.

countrygun 10-10-2012 10:58

Quote:

"From those with the greatest ability, to those with the greatest need"

Bruce H 10-10-2012 17:34

Quote:

Let me guess, you have an MBA. Is it from Harvard because all of theirs don't have a clue.

podwich 10-10-2012 17:46

Quote:

Wow. You really are evil.

Cool that is not.

Snowman92D 10-10-2012 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce H (Post 19504866)
Let me guess, you have an MBA. Is it from Harvard because all of theirs don't have a clue.

Sounds more like the University of Havana. Wonder who signed his sheepskin...Raul, or Fidel? :supergrin:

Chronos 10-10-2012 17:50

IMO, brains are not "paying their fair share" of resources to the cancerous tumor in the lungs.

Brucev 10-10-2012 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhook (Post 19503151)

"Feel?" Feeling hasn't got anything to do with it>

"Fair?" Even those who spout about the "fair tax" are careful to stipulate a floor for income. So... why is it fair to have a floor for the fair tax but, surprise... to not tax the income of poor people is an outrageous affront to the twits who get their shorts in a wad about such things... but have absolutely no problem with those (people and those faux corporate persons) who park their money off-short to dodge paying taxes?