Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Why you guys really lost. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451886)

Gunhaver 11-07-2012 18:20

Why you guys really lost.
 
It isn't a matter of getting those that do agree with you out to vote. It's because you can't convince anyone new to vote on your side. In short, you guys suck at debate.

Take a look at some of the threads on the religious issues forum and see how ineffective the arguments from the religious conservatives are. Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything. Even the third party voters weren't convinced and they lined up with you Romney supporters on many issues.

As long as abortion is always murder, gays have an agenda to destroy the traditional family, women should have rape babies and planned parenthood (which is directly responsible for many of you not making child support payments) is the major drain of tax dollars in this country, black people are the main users of welfare, and your golden boy candidate honestly believes in talking salamanders, getting his own planet and magic holy underwear then very, very few new voters are going to take you seriously.

Think about it. Who do republicans rail against? Anyone that disagrees with them. That's a whole lot of people and that was just proven to you last night. Women, gays, minorities, atheists, libertarians, poor people, sick people... that's a whole lot of people. Romney flat out said that 47% of us were worthless. Who do democrats rail against? Republicans, the rich, people that think their bible should be a guide to the law. Not nearly so many people and the points they make against those people are so much better than anything your side is saying about your enemies.

When someone comes here, or to any forum where conservatives are the majority, and expresses an opinion that differs from your own the correct response is not, "Yer jist a damned liberal!" or, "You're looking for a free ride!"

You might want to consider dumping the religious insanity that so many of us are sick of and start making some damned sense. You could stick to the fiscal matters and relay that info to the fence sitters while dumping anyone from your party that opens his stupid mouth about gays or taxpayer funded birth control.

Or you could just run Rick Santorum in 2016 on the NO MORE PORN ticket, hope for the best in one hand and frothy mix in the other and see which one fills up first.

cowboy1964 11-07-2012 19:30

True. The only way to win now is to pander. Are you Hispanic? We'll give you amnesty. Like leeching off society? Welfare for all. Female? Abortions on-demand up to 9 months and free birth control. Underwater on your home because you were stupid and greedy? We'll bail you out. Too much student loan debt because you picked a worthless education? We'll wipe out your debt. Etc. Gimme gimme gimme.

I can't wait until the dollar collapses and the whole thing implodes. Don't come crying to me when it does.

Guss 11-07-2012 19:32

They wanted to appeal to the masses, so they picked a 2 percenter.
They wanted to appeal to the Christians, so they picked a Mormon.
They wanted to appeal to the unemployed, so they picked a guy noted for his layoffs.
They wanted to appeal to the 2d Amendment crowd, so they picked a guy who waffles on the issue.
They wanted to appeal to Blacks, so they found up some Uncle Toms.
This year was a Republican gift to the Democrats.

Vic777 11-07-2012 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhaver (Post 19605045)
Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything.

**** off *******!

jdavionic 11-07-2012 19:36

Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.

Vic777 11-07-2012 19:44

Look, Romney presented an adult honest intelligent solution to our problems. Obama offered lies and freebees. It makes no difference what is suggested if the alternative is freebees. But nothing is really free, Darwin will ensure that America dies. America does not deserve to exist as a player. America will become a dependant of China. Thomas Jefferson et al pulled us away from being a British Colony, we will become a Chinese Colony.

Walt_NC 11-07-2012 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19605455)
Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.

That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.

czsmithGT 11-07-2012 19:46

America lost.

Walt_NC 11-07-2012 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhaver (Post 19605045)
Take a look at this forum and see how anyone is treated when they express a left leaning opinion on anything.

You sound like some kind of Muslim socialist commie DU troll. I bet you don even own any guns and cheer whenever an American soldier dies. Why are you even here? Everyone knows that only Christian Tea Partiers own guns and enjoy shooting sports. Your ideas and beliefs are different than mine and that makes them wrong and it makes you un-American.

Am I doing it right?

jdavionic 11-07-2012 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt_NC (Post 19605526)
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.

Wrong again. Look at my other posts on libertarians and the GOP. Obama won because we have now tipped the scales with more dependents than providers. That's the blunt truth. However I do think if we made changes to unite the non-parasites, we might have a chance next time. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic
Personally I would like to see a libertarian mindset find a home in the GOP. I voted for a 3rd party candidate when Clinton ran (Ross Perot). So I am sympathetic to the idea of making significant changes from the "left" "right" mentality. However I also don't think we will have a 3rd party president in my lifetime. So I'd like to see better support during the primaries for a libertarian-like minded candidate. Mind you, I'm not completely in that court either...however I am finding that I am closer to them than many of our GOP frontrunners.


Guss 11-07-2012 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt_NC (Post 19605526)
That is exactly the kind of rhetoric that is going to drive the final nail in the GOP coffin. Rather than look inward, you blame the electorate. Rather than reexamine the party stance on social issues, you proclaim that the problem is that Mitt wasn't conservative enough. Good luck with that.

What? You don't think that insulting the populace will help both them and the GOP? Those people have got to straighten up and do what the wealthy elite want.

jdavionic 11-07-2012 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19605633)
do what the wealthy elite want.

:rofl: Yea, okay...that's what I said.

certifiedfunds 11-07-2012 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19605455)
Disagree. We (not you guys) lost because there are now more parasites than hosts in this country. I only hope it accelerates from here so that I am still able to contribute to the end result and see a rebuild begin.

It really is this simple.

The leeches have taken over.

countrygun 11-07-2012 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19605633)
What? You don't think that insulting the populace will help both them and the GOP? Those people have got to straighten up and do what the wealthy elite want.

well the wealthy should listen to the poor because they are so smart and successful after all. they have managed to a void the trappings and headaches of wealth and success.

certifiedfunds 11-07-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19605626)
Wrong again. Look at my other posts on libertarians and the GOP. Obama won because we have now tipped the scales with more dependents than providers. That's the blunt truth. However I do think if we made changes to unite the non-parasites, we might have a chance next time. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen.

Repeal the 17th Amendment and it doesn't matter as much.

It really is the answer to most of this country's problems.

There are 30 republican governors now.

Gunhaver 11-07-2012 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt_NC (Post 19605569)
You sound like some kind of Muslim socialist commie DU troll. I bet you don even own any guns and cheer whenever an American soldier dies. Why are you even here? Everyone knows that only Christian Tea Partiers own guns and enjoy shooting sports. Your ideas and beliefs are different than mine and that makes them wrong and it makes you un-American.

Am I doing it right?

Exactly right. That doesn't sound like the kind of blathering idiot that I want to align with.

I remember when I started a thread asking who welcomed 2nd amendment support from democrats. Soooo many people were happy to say no because they weren't real conservatives. Rep.= happy to exclude. Dem.= happy to include.

Who still wonders how they won?

M 7 11-07-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 19605692)
well the wealthy should listen to the poor because they are so smart and successful after all. they have managed to a void the trappings and headaches of wealth and success.

Yep.

With "mediocre" being the new "exceptional" as it has for so long, is it a surprise that this happened? Evidently, success has become an evil that needs to be punished by the removal of most of (soon to be all) what has been accrued by the offender.

The US has largely become a nation of victims who refuse to be held accountable for their poor decisions/actions. When something goes wrong or one just doesn't feel like working anymore, it seems that it is en vogue to just sit back and wait for someone to come along and pay our bills.

We are becoming the ultimate welfare state. No quicker way to the death of our Nation than this execution of unmitigated class warfare.

countrygun 11-07-2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by M 7 (Post 19605813)
Yep.

With "mediocre" being the new "exceptional" as it has for so long, is it a surprise that this happened? Evidently, success has become an evil that needs to be punished by the removal of most of (soon to be all) what has been accrued by the offender.

The US has largely become a nation of victims who refuse to be held accountable for their poor decisions/actions. When something goes wrong or one just doesn't feel like working anymore, it seems that it is en vogue to just sit back and wait for someone to come along and pay our bills.

We are becoming the ultimate welfare state. No quicker way to the death of our Nation than this execution of unmitigated class warfare.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...tryG/bling.png

Berto 11-07-2012 20:45

People want a promised outcome, not opportunity.
Democrats are always happy to accept, it's true, and there's a gazillion people looking for acceptance because they aren't willing to do anything for themselves.

glockman10mm 11-07-2012 20:47

It's called standing up for what you believe in. We believe in rugged individualism and personal achievement.
Why should we compromise what we believe?
Sticking to my guns and religion.

It's not my fault some people don't know how to earn a living, take care of themselves, or are so screwed up in the head they don't know the differences in the natural design of a man and a woman.
So in the truest form of conservative traditions: buzz off.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.