Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   A question for the Republicans on board. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452679)

ysr_racer 11-11-2012 19:51

A question for the Republicans on board.

I maintain that until the Republicans ditch the Christian Conservative nonsense, we'll never win another election.

When I'm talking to my fellow Republicans, none of them ever mentions abortion, birth control, gay marriage, or marijuana.

The times have changed, if we don't, we'll end up like the dinosaurs. They were unwilling to change too.

What say you?

KalashniKEV 11-11-2012 19:54

I agree 100%.

stevelyn 11-11-2012 19:57

I've been saying it for a long time.

Blaster 11-11-2012 19:57

http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=84&load=7685

Sporaticus 11-11-2012 19:58

I see it a different way. They contine to run moderate liberals and lose. The moderate liberals they lost with include Bush 41, Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. GWB only won because of Klinton fatigue, a lousy opponent, good lawyers, and fear of terrorists.

The republicans won't win until they run a conservative who can bring out the base.

Magnus2131 11-11-2012 20:05

Yes sir communists want to do is eliminate Christianity.

bkenut 11-11-2012 20:07

Sporaticus..I agree 100%.. We continue to kill our own and the oppostion sits back and laugh.

arclight610 11-11-2012 20:09

There are very many Republicans who are evangelicals. If you alienate them, it'll do more harm to the party than good.

IceAxe 11-11-2012 20:10

You want to totally gut the republican party (which isn't a bad idea the way it's been run lately), then go right ahead.

ysr_racer 11-11-2012 20:11

Holy crap are you guys out of touch with reality.

We're screwed if we keep up the religious nonsense.

Religion has NO place in modern politics. If you think some big scary guy that lives in the sky controls your life, step way from the voting machine.

Flying-Dutchman 11-11-2012 20:11

The Republican leadership will have to make a political calculation.

They may need the evangelicals to win. You need a big tent to win.

klmmicro 11-11-2012 20:12

Maybe the White House should not be the ultimate target, but instead the house and senate. Too much focus was given to Mitt and the other races suffered for it. With the house and senate secured, the WH is effectively controlled as well.

HollowHead 11-11-2012 20:13

Agreed. A true conservative has an ambiguous public faith. HH

Hauptmann6 11-11-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysr_racer (Post 19621219)

Religion has NO place in modern politics. If you think some big scary guy that lives in the sky controls your life, step way from the voting machine.

Very agree!

I hate the current republican party. I only vote that way due to them being closer to me than the Dems.

TK-421 11-11-2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporaticus (Post 19621171)
I see it a different way. They contine to run moderate liberals and lose. The moderate liberals they lost with include Bush 41, Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. GWB only won because of Klinton fatigue, a lousy opponent, good lawyers, and fear of terrorists.

The republicans won't win until they run a conservative who can bring out the base.

Romney lost because he, and a few other Republicans, which tarnished his name, pissed off women, and the minorities didn't like his stance on immigration.

I agree with you ysr, if Republicans don't drop all the women/gay/minority hating, they'll never win an election. It's really not that hard to fathom why you lost when you piss off the exact people you need to help you win.

Diesel McBadass 11-11-2012 20:15

I want someone fiscally conservative who keeps the governement out of peoples lives. I dont want someone who cries about how our moral fabric is tearing apart because gays can marry. Someone who stands up for constitutional values and leaves the church out of law.

ysr_racer 11-11-2012 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-421 (Post 19621234)
It's really not that hard to fathom why you lost when you piss off the exact people you need to help you win.

Yep, what he said.

Magnus2131 11-11-2012 20:17

Who needs the Dems? We eat our own.

jame 11-11-2012 20:18

I think it's too early to make any big leaps without some serious consideration and deliberation.

While I might concur that the current evangelicals groups (of which I am a member) have too much pull, I also have to point out that the Republican party was very soundly rejected by the Latino community, a group that places high value on faith and family. Immigration may have played a larger role in their decision.

I'm not purposefully disagreeing with anyone yet, but I'm not agreeing either.

I think we need just a little time to think.

true believer 11-11-2012 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashniKEV (Post 19621155)
I agree 100%.

bingo!!
was jst saying the same thing to another a few days ago..
:wavey:

G36's Rule 11-11-2012 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysr_racer (Post 19621219)

You are the one out of touch with reality. We lost because the religious right stayed home. Without it we are a minority party that will never win.

Hauptmann6 11-11-2012 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jame (Post 19621249)
I also have to point out that the Republican party was very soundly rejected by the Latino community, a group that places high value on faith and family. Immigration may have played a larger role in their decision.

I'm pretty sure around here they vote on their welfare check and food stamps.

bkenut 11-11-2012 20:27

The media has a lot to do with what is happening in our nation today.Pretty hard running against the president and the media.

TK-421 11-11-2012 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jame (Post 19621249)
I think it's too early to make any big leaps without some serious consideration and deliberation.

While I might concur that the current evangelicals groups (of which I am a member) have too much pull, I also have to point out that the Republican party was very soundly rejected by the Latino community, a group that places high value on faith and family. Immigration may have played a larger role in their decision.

I'm not purposefully disagreeing with anyone yet, but I'm not agreeing either.

I think we need just a little time to think.

I personally think it's kinda stupid to go "Women suck, no birth control, no abortions, you do what we tell you to, whether you like it or not." "Wait, women aren't voting for us? Why not? I thought they loved us? I thought the women were going to vote for us guaranteed?" :faint:

"Oh, the minorities are thinking about voting? Well tell them they all suck, and any illegals who are here will be shipped home immediately. I don't care if that means families will be broken up and people will lose their friends. The illegals have to go." "Wait, what do you mean the minorities aren't voting for us? I thought they loved us. I was sure they were going to vote republican."

Not really much thinking is needed, Republicans need to either realize that their stupid crap needs to go, or they need to quit trying to win elections. Because that stupid crap is exactly the reason why they lost. Some republicans keep going on and on about their morals, and how if they don't keep pushing their morals then they're no better than the democrats. Well what happened to Republicans wanting small government? Because it seems that all the republicans pushing their morals are wanting to make government bigger and use the government to force their morals on other people who don't want their morals forced upon them. And then they have the gall to complain about Obamacare, and how it forces them to buy healthcare, and to pay for other people's healthcare. Well I personally would rather pay for someone else's healthcare, than to have them force their morals upon me.:rofl:

ysr_racer 11-11-2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36's Rule (Post 19621275)
You are the one out of touch with reality. We lost because the religious right stayed home. Without it we are a minority party that will never win.

Why did they stay home? A no vote is the same thing as a vote for Obama.

What were they thinking?