Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tactical Shotguns (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Chinese 870! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453283)

Vultite 11-15-2012 09:01

Chinese 870!

Lol, did a review on a Chinese 870 clone (Pardner Protector). Turns out, Remington owns this company, and imports their own clone to compete with them...hmmm...anyways, actually a decent shotgun. Parts/accessories seem interchangeable minus the barrel. The barrel does have some differences, for instance I think it's slightly thinner than the 870. Also, shot Centurion 2 x .650 out of it at approx 7 yards, the split wasn't bad (about an inch or less). Check it out, feel free to comment or ask questions...:faint:

Victoriagotagun 11-15-2012 13:53

The H&R Pardner pump (Hawk 982) was imported before Remington bought them out.

I would advise that you loctite the sidesaddle carrier to the plate if you haven't done so already.

Vultite 11-15-2012 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victoriagotagun (Post 19634888)
The H&R Pardner pump (Hawk 982) was imported before Remington bought them out.

I would advise that you loctite the sidesaddle carrier to the plate if you haven't done so already.

Yup, blue loctite on the bolts. No issues with the plate moving or backing off. Yeah, they were bought in 2007.

TxGun 11-15-2012 17:55

The Pardner Protector has been on the market for several years now and has been discussed at length on shotgun forums across the web. It seems to have it's share of fans, who see it as a good value.

mr00jimbo 11-15-2012 19:35

Here in Canada, where there is no Norinco embargo, lots of guys get the 870 clones, which may have 14, 12.5 or even 8.5 inch barrels. In Canada, we don't have an SBR law, except if it gets TOO short it has to be registered as if it were a pistol, but 8.5 is good to go without being registered. A reason why people like short barrel shotguns here is it's next to impossible to get a permit to take a handgun into the woods (they can only be fired at shooting ranges) but rifles and shotguns can be.

The almighty government of Canada feels it is safer to fire a .300 Win Mag in the bush than it is a 9 millimeter....

Anyways, I don't own any Chinese made guns. I've always felt they were a real compromise compared to the guns they replace. Up here, you can get a 12.5 inch 870 clone with ghost ring sights made in China for around 360 bucks, I believe.
People have told me that they are very well made, using tough steel and are generally reliable. That is what I have been told by people I know who have them, and they seem to be met with good reception.

I cannot trust a gun that is made in China, to be honest. I don't know why, it's a mental block that makes me think it would fail in the worst of all times (say, when a bear decides I look like a tasty snack). I'm sure they're plenty reliable, though. :)

GlockPride 11-15-2012 19:51

Thanks for the video, it's well done.

Could you put a language warning on this? My 3.5 yr old is into guns, but he now speaks a new word.

Thanks, bud. Much appreciated!

Walter Bishop 11-17-2012 09:53

The main difference between the 870 and the H&R Pardner pump/Hawk is the barrels. The ring is in a difference place so they are not interchangeable.