Glock Talk

Glock Talk (
-   General how-To Help Forum (
-   -   Adhesive textured strips on my Glock slide?? (

RANGERRON72 11-17-2012 09:56

Adhesive textured strips on my Glock slide??
I am not a big Glock guy, but I ended up seeing a G26 where in the serrations on the slide to grip and cylcle, the owner had added what looked like adhesive textured strips to improve the ease of gripping the slide.

Does anyone know where to buy these, or how to make them. Almost looks like a Home Depot visit of some product.


Arc Angel 11-17-2012 10:13

As politely as I know how to say it: Don't waste your time. ;)

What's the best way to grip a Glock that I've found so far?

Ace90 11-17-2012 10:17

He's not talking about the grip itself, the slide is what he is talking about, it's most likely skateboard tape.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Arc Angel 11-17-2012 10:36

Yes, I know!

(Just thought he'd like to have the information. Those strips on the slide are NEVER going to last.) :)

toddnjoy 11-17-2012 14:31

I belive you could get them from tallon grips. That's where i get all my grip enhancements, they are great and now you can get them in rubber too.

TK-421 11-17-2012 14:44

It's most likely just skateboard tape on the slide to help them get a better grip to rack it. You should be able to pick up adhesive grip tape at most hardware stores or sporting good stores.

Bluescot 11-18-2012 19:52

I've used the skateboard tape on the grip and slide of my Glocks and find that if you are carrying concealed with that on the grip many times it will wear on your clothing. You will see the fabric wear where the grip comes in contact with it.

I recommend it only on the smallest of handguns but have switched to a similar tape only made of rubber and not silica for the adhesion properties. It is an industrial product that is mainly used on stairs. Hard to find and usually comes in a larger rolls than you would want.

I think that Talon offers both the silica and rubber grips now but I'm not sure about that one.

The rubber is easier on the hands, according to my wife, than the silica and if it wears out, with the roll it's no big deal to use the old grip as a pattern.

I have the rubber grip tape on all my Glock shooters as well as pieces on the slide and the underside of the trigger guard where I place my left index finger.

CA Escapee 11-18-2012 21:02

Ace Hardware sells 3M brand anti-skid, non-skid, skateboard tape. (whatever you want to call it) It comes in different widths starting at 1" wide. Ace sells it by the foot. Home Depot and Lowe's sell rolls of the stuff which is way more than you'd need in one lifetime.


toddnjoy 11-19-2012 14:43

Yes bluescot Talon grips now carry's both versions. They have great customer service too.

RANGERRON72 12-12-2012 10:22

Guys, thanks for the input. Will head to ACE hardware. My wife doesnt have a lot of grip strength, so anything that would allow her to cycle the slide, is key.

As far as clothing wear, again thanks for the comments. Hadnt thought about it, since mostly its a sweatshirt, or rugby shirt, with IWB holster, but something to know about with a dress shirt.

Thanks again, all questions were answered, and even a few answers that I didnt know to ask.......... Semper Fi, DOL (de Oppresso Liber)

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2015, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.