Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   The GOPís Other Problem (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453870)

maxsnafu 11-19-2012 09:59

The GOPís Other Problem

Marriage Gap Huge In 2012óAnd Marriage Is Starting To Disappear

http://www.vdare.com/articles/the-go...iage-declining

"Well, youíre not supposed to say this in public, but the GOP traditionally gets most of its votes from people who more or less have their acts together, while the Democrats appeal most strongly to the various resentful fringes of society."

holesinpaper 11-19-2012 10:48

Marriage is declining in part due to men wising up.

Family court and divorce is a stacked deck. No guy in his right mind would risk his assets like that.

SunsetMan 11-19-2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by holesinpaper (Post 19647728)

Family court and divorce is a stacked deck. No guy in his right mind would risk his assets like that.

Life was so much simpler when I didn't have assets.

Oh, and I agree.

maxsnafu 11-19-2012 11:10

Quote:

You don't know the half of it: http://weddedabyss.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/marriage20/

G29Reload 11-19-2012 12:40

plus marriage is mocked and derided and watered down. Gays are supposed to get it, next week it will be german shepherds and houseplants. No? What are you racist? Who are you to say what marriage is you racist bigot homophobe plantophobe animal hater...

The Machinist 11-19-2012 18:20

Quote:

Bingo. Get the government out of marriage, and the institution will return to its former glory. Otherwise, screw it.

Guss 11-19-2012 18:45

High divorce states vote Republican:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-1934925/

Cavalry Doc 11-19-2012 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19649275)

Over 42% of eligible voters DIDN'T VOTE.

Over 42%, didn't vote. That is the problem.

Get a grip. 42.5% stayed home. Ronald knows why.

hogship 11-19-2012 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc (Post 19649342)

Bold Colors - No Pale Pastels - YouTube

Oh man 'o' man.......that was sooooo appropriate to our times. Reagan must have had a crystal ball!

I hope we can manage to return to traditional values, where everything isn't judged by "shades of grey", but morality, based on beliefs that we, as a people, truly believe in.

We have strayed......but, that doesn't mean we can't find a way to return to the foundations of integrity.....and, honor.

ooc

aspartz 11-19-2012 20:12

Quote:

The problem is, the GOP is almost indistinguishable from the democrats on many issues involving freedom. Both want to tax me to do what they consider good things. Both want to control different aspects of my private life.

ARS

Ruble Noon 11-19-2012 21:01

Quote:

Does the GOP know why people stayed home?

Guss 11-20-2012 02:07

We have people staying home because of the Electoral College system. If it's obvious which way your state is going to go, there's no need to vote.

FFR Spyder GT 11-20-2012 06:37

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunsetMan (Post 19647746)
Life was so much simpler when I didn't have assets.

Oh, and I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G29Reload (Post 19648051)
plus marriage is mocked and derided and watered down. Gays are supposed to get it, next week it will be german shepherds and houseplants. No? What are you racist? Who are you to say what marriage is you racist bigot homophobe plantophobe animal hater...

Gee, and people wonder why I think that some of the GTPI crowd are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms. :faint:

Spyder

railfancwb 11-20-2012 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19650497)
We have people staying home because of the Electoral College system. If it's obvious which way your state is going to go, there's no need to vote.

Unfortunately that thought process often keeps folks from voting in state and local elections where their vote could make a difference.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

series1811 11-20-2012 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19649275)

Most of the Democrats I deal with, have about a dozen kids on average, and have never been married a day in their lives.

So, they are a little fuzzy on the whole concept of divorce.

The Machinist 11-20-2012 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT (Post 19650692)
Gee, and people wonder why I think that some of the GTPI crowd are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms. :faint:

Spyder

We don't wonder. We know. It's a classic case of projecting your own miserable existence onto all the successful people around you.

JFrame 11-20-2012 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Machinist (Post 19651368)
We don't wonder. We know. It's a classic case of projecting your own miserable existence onto all the successful people around you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FFR Spyder GT 11-20-2012 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Machinist (Post 19651368)

If being a +40yo SWM that lives with his Mom, has a "Command Post" in the basement and working part-time at Papa John's is successful, well........

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spyder

P.S. don't forget, this same bunch thought Romney would win by a landslide. :faint:

pugman 11-20-2012 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss (Post 19650497)

Proof people in mass are stupid.

Quote:

And we have a Bingo.

A coworker of mine just got married after dating her guy for ten years. A small, in front of a judge ceremony with a total of nine people in attendance. I actually knew it was happening and her parents didn't (long story)

When I asked why he wanted to get married all the reasons were sorry...stupid.

Well in case one of us dies (they co-own a house)....I said get a will?

In case one of needs to pull the plug on the other (my paraphrasing)....I said get a POA?

Ironically, 5-6 reasons later the word love was never uttered.

As a married man of 21 years I can honestly say if my wife got smacked by a bus tomorrow I would never get married again..

Unless Jennifer Aniston is taking applications..:supergrin:

walt cowan 11-21-2012 07:25

thats why maryland pass the gay marriage act. divorce lawyers were starving.