Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religious Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Sorry I ever doubted snowbird. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454155)

Gunhaver 11-20-2012 23:45

Sorry I ever doubted snowbird.

About the Islamic stuff anyways.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1454136

Woofie 11-21-2012 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhaver (Post 19653709)

I certainly couldn't identify a single white man who dragged a black man to death in the Gulf South.

Bad people exist. Everywhere.

muscogee 11-21-2012 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhaver (Post 19653709)

The people in that part of the world have been killing each other since Cain killed Able. It's not going to stop and it has nothing to do with religion. Cain, Nebuchadnezzar II, and Ramses weren't Muslims. The Greeks who overran and occupied Israel weren't Muslims and the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem weren't.

If Israel went away tomorrow, the Sunnies and Shiites would continue killing each other. The Arab Spring and the current mess in Syria are primarily Muslims killing other Muslims like the drug wars in Mexico are primarily Christians killing other Christians. Most Muslims aren't murderous animals any more than most Christians are.

JBnTX 11-21-2012 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscogee (Post 19654319)

... Most Muslims aren't murderous animals any more than most Christians are.

But Muslims support and condone the terrorism that's being conducted in the name of their religion. The silence of the Muslim community on the subject of terrorism tells you all you need to know about where their loyalties lie.

Christians on the other hand, would have wholeheartedly condemned ANY form of violence conducted in the name of Christianity.

snowbird 11-21-2012 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofie (Post 19653888)
I certainly couldn't identify a single white man who didn't drag a black man to death in the Gulf South.

Bad people exist. Everywhere.

Huh? Did you forget to add a smilie or some other indication of sarcasm?

Or are you seriously saying that millions of white men residing along the Gulf coasts of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas, are all, each and every one of them, racist murderers? Even by the insane standards of the treasonous Left, that's preposterous.

Yes, bad people exist everywhere, the Bible has been saying so for millenia as well as telling us the remedy (accepting Jesus and striving to live by His laws), but see Post #4 where JBnTX schools you and muscogee on the difference between Islam and Christianity.

muscogee 11-21-2012 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19654351)
But Muslims support and condone the terrorism that's being conducted in the name of their religion. The silence of the Muslim community on the subject of terrorism tells you all you need to know about where their loyalties lie.

Christians on the other hand, would have wholeheartedly condemned ANY form of violence conducted in the name of Christianity.

Really?

Protestant Reformation

Crusades

Witch Trials

Woofie 11-21-2012 10:05

Quote:

Bull****. I never heard Joel Osteen speak out against Christians invading Iraq. Christians clearly condone killing Muslims, as far as your reasoning is concerned.

Woofie 11-21-2012 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowbird (Post 19654557)
Huh? Did you forget to add a smilie or some other indication of sarcasm?

Or are you seriously saying that millions of white men residing along the Gulf coasts of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas, are all, each and every one of them, racist murderers? Even by the insane standards of the treasonous Left, that's preposterous.

Yes, bad people exist everywhere, the Bible has been saying so for millenia as well as telling us the remedy (accepting Jesus and striving to live by His laws), but see Post #4 where JBnTX schools you and muscogee on the difference between Islam and Christianity.

Prisons are full of people who found Jesus. Your argument fails.

ArtificialGrape 11-21-2012 10:17

I recognize that Muslim support of terrorism has been pretty high, but this Pew Forum poll shows a decline in support between 2004 and 2005 (I didn't readily find more recent numbers).

With that said, Muslim Americans are the staunchest opponents of military attacks on civilians, compared with members of other major religious groups Gallup has studied in the United States.

snowbird 11-21-2012 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofie (Post 19654640)
Prisons are full of people who found Jesus. Your argument fails.

Nice dodge of my questions, but you're not getting off that easily.

Once again, did you just forget to add a smilie, or did you actually slander millions of good southern white men with a vile lie about each and every one of them being a racist murderer?

Brasso 11-21-2012 11:00

Yeah. Nevermind that the terrorists set up shot in hospitals, schools, worship centers, playgrounds, homes, etc. Anywhere that civilian casualties will be high if they are ever attacked. Makes for great Pallywood videos which the left just fall all over themselves about.

G26S239 11-21-2012 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscogee (Post 19654595)

The Crusades were a response to Islamic military aggression and I am damn glad the Crusades happened as I don't care to live in a muslim theocracy. If you don't like the result you can vote with your feet and move to a country controlled by muslim idiots.

I consider the Protestant Reformation to be a good thing as well since it helped break the RCC grip on power in Western Europe, the Priests who molest children would have never been locked up had the reformation not happened as just one example of a benefit to stripping the RCC of power.

I have a great aunt, Martha Pennoyer Corey, who was hanged at Salem Mass. and I don't approve of that but the last witch trial in N. America or Western Europe was quite some time ago.

BTW the Civil War involved violence. Is that also a bad thing in your view? I ask because IMO letting Islam rule the globe would be a real bad idea as would letting the RCC retain their grip on power they had pre reformation. As it turned out doing away with slavery in this country involved bloodshed. IMO doing away with slavery is a good thing.

G26S239 11-21-2012 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofie (Post 19654624)
Bull****. I never heard Joel Osteen speak out against Christians invading Iraq. Christians clearly condone killing Muslims, as far as your reasoning is concerned.

So being in the US military = being Christian? BS! I don't know what military you served in but religion was purely optional when I went through RTC in 1977. There was no Christian indoctrination what so ever while I was in. I was and am atheist as are several members of my family who served and many of the people I hung out with in the military.

muscogee 11-21-2012 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by G26S239 (Post 19654826)
The Crusades were a response to Islamic military aggression and I am damn glad the Crusades happened as I don't care to live in a muslim theocracy. If you don't like the result you can vote with your feet and move to a country controlled by muslim idiots.

I consider the Protestant Reformation to be a good thing as well since it helped break the RCC grip on power in Western Europe, the Priests who molest children would have never been locked up had the reformation not happened as just one example of a benefit to stripping the RCC of power.

I have a great aunt, Martha Pennoyer Corey, who was hanged at Salem Mass. and I don't approve of that but the last witch trial in N. America or Western Europe was quite some time ago.

BTW the Civil War involved violence. Is that also a bad thing in your view? I ask because IMO letting Islam rule the globe would be a real bad idea as would letting the RCC retain their grip on power they had pre reformation. As it turned out doing away with slavery in this country involved bloodshed. IMO doing away with slavery is a good thing.

My response was to,
Quote:

Please try to stay on topic. Christians have not traditionally
Quote:

wholeheartedly condemned ANY form of violence conducted in the name of Christianity.

G26S239 11-21-2012 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscogee (Post 19655021)
My response was to,

Please try to stay on topic. Christians have not traditionally

BS, that was an equivalence argument. The crusades were not a bad thing. The reformation was not a bad thing. Outside of the Vatican how many Christian theocracies are there RIGHT NOW in the 21st century?

Can you show me an MODERN* equivalent of this in a nominally Christian nation?

Or this?

*Try the 20th or 21st century, I don't have 12th or 17th century neighbors.

G26S239 11-21-2012 13:24

Okay I did find a similar religious motivated incident from a nominally christian country.

G26S239 11-21-2012 13:29

Of course any of this could just as likely happen right now in a nominally Christian country. :upeyes:

G26S239 11-21-2012 13:31

Nope, no discernible differences at all in behavior between adherents of the different religions in the 21 century. :whistling:

muscogee 11-21-2012 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by G26S239 (Post 19655129)
BS, that was an equivalence argument. The crusades were not a bad thing. The reformation was not a bad thing. Outside of the Vatican how many Christian theocracies are there RIGHT NOW in the 21st century?

Can you show me an MODERN* equivalent of this in a nominally Christian nation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13m4tWauJT0

Or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiEyss8BIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVM1...eature=related

*Try the 20th or 21st century, I don't have 12th or 17th century neighbors.

One more time, my response was to Christians have not traditionally
Quote:

wholeheartedly condemned ANY form of violence conducted in the name of Christianity.
Stop with the straw men and stay on topic. I'm not going to attempt to respond to what you said I said.

Altaris 11-21-2012 22:26

I've Never disagreed with Snowbirds views on the muslims. I think everyone is in agreement on how bad they are.
It is just his views on us(atheists), and everything else that are way off.