Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Glockers Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   How to I join the Florida Glockers Club.? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454452)

Leftyjp 11-23-2012 07:23

How to I join the Florida Glockers Club.?
 
Please tell me how I join this group?

packinaglock 11-23-2012 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftyjp (Post 19660658)
Please tell me how I join this group?

I had to stand on my head and drink three beers through my nose. :supergrin:

ron8903 11-24-2012 05:13

Buy all the members a box of ammo of there choosing:cool:

packinaglock 11-24-2012 05:21

Seriously, try pm-ing dandapani I think he is the fella in charge. Just be prepared to perform some kind of crazy stunt.

Leftyjp 11-24-2012 12:23

Ok, all the ammo is in the mail and I finished off the beers this morning in spite of a stuffed nose due to a headcold,

packinaglock 11-24-2012 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftyjp (Post 19664181)
Ok, all the ammo is in the mail and I finished off the beers this morning in spite of a stuffed nose due to a headcold,

You should be good to go then, :supergrin: I've got a brother in law from Wisconsin, I think fond u lac? If Dan doesn't answer check the mods at the bottom of the page and send them a PM. Let me be the first to pre maturely welcome you. :wavey:

packinaglock 11-24-2012 16:00

Sorry for the crappy info bud, I just looked and don't see the mods listed. I could swear they used to list them there. :dunno:

Leftyjp 12-03-2012 20:28

Bought a glock 19 in Ft.Myers & Ballistol cleaner & lube
 
Bought a glock 19 gen 4 in ft.Myers from Shoot Straight. Third gun I have bought from them and have always been treated well and have had good service.
Like all new gun purchases it is alot of fun.....
I have been using Ballistol to clean my other handguns and found a source for it today in North Naples. Hard to find locally.

RPVG 12-03-2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftyjp (Post 19697516)
Bought a glock 19 gen 4 in ft.Myers from Shoot Straight. Third gun I have bought from them and have always been treated well and have had good service.

That's good to hear. I'm considering doing some business with them here in the Orlando area.

Thanks!

SilverBullet_83 12-11-2012 23:43

Did you ever get your number? If not, go back to the florida glockers page and click on florida glockers number request here

Leftyjp 12-17-2012 20:24

Never got a number for florida glockers club, will check out what you were advising me.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

RPVG 12-17-2012 20:53

Leftyjp: I checked out one of the local Shoot Straight ranges Saturday. You're right! They are the shiz!

First, I wanted my my new rear sights zeroed in. Gunsmith takes my piece, disappears behind a door and I start shootin' the bull with the customers. The gunsmith comes out, hands me my piece, nods, and walks away. I say, "Hey! What do I owe you?" He sez: Nothing. He wouldn't take a tip, either!

Then I went over to get a lane. So I figgered, let's see what I can learn from these young guys. One of their guys gave me 15 - 20 minutes of personal instruction -- he didn't much care for the grip I learned in the Marines.

Anyway, once he saw I was on my way, he withdrew and I fired off the rest of the 100 rounds I had.

Bottom line: I got my rear sights adjusted, got a nice bit of one-on-one instruction, blasted off 100 rounds, and the total cost was $15.23.

Oh, and that includes two targets!

(But not my ammo.)

Leftyjp 12-19-2012 19:34

Great to hear your good experience and congrats on getting your glock setup.

RPVG 12-19-2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftyjp (Post 19756566)
Great to hear your good experience and congrats on getting your glock setup.

Thanks!

(But, I've gotta admit: as soon as the instructor left, I went back to my ol' Marine Corps grip and did just fine. Sergeant Hicks would have been proud of me.)

I'm going back to a different Shoot Straight this weekend. Thanks for the tip about them. You were right on!

BBauer927 01-03-2013 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPVG (Post 19697690)
That's good to hear. I'm considering doing some business with them here in the Orlando area.

Thanks!

I got my sd40ve from shoot straight in cassleberry. Plan on purchasing my Glock 26 from them here in the next few weeks. Very nice and helpful people there, great selection at fair prices, and a pretty nice indoor range as well. In fact it's the range i frequent most. Heard the Apopka shoot straight is even nicer establishment. I would recommend hitting them up.

fishflash 01-06-2013 05:05

Agreed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RPVG (Post 19748197)
Leftyjp: I checked out one of the local Shoot Straight ranges Saturday. You're right! They are the shiz!

First, I wanted my my new rear sights zeroed in. Gunsmith takes my piece, disappears behind a door and I start shootin' the bull with the customers. The gunsmith comes out, hands me my piece, nods, and walks away. I say, "Hey! What do I owe you?" He sez: Nothing. He wouldn't take a tip, either!

Then I went over to get a lane. So I figgered, let's see what I can learn from these young guys. One of their guys gave me 15 - 20 minutes of personal instruction -- he didn't much care for the grip I learned in the Marines.

Anyway, once he saw I was on my way, he withdrew and I fired off the rest of the 100 rounds I had.

Bottom line: I got my rear sights adjusted, got a nice bit of one-on-one instruction, blasted off 100 rounds, and the total cost was $15.23.

Oh, and that includes two targets!

(But not my ammo.)

Went there first time yesterday. Great prices on range ammo and each lane has it's own adjustable mini cold blast cooling system to keep ya' comfortable.

fishflash 01-06-2013 05:08

Ballistol source
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leftyjp (Post 19697516)
Bought a glock 19 gen 4 in ft.Myers from Shoot Straight. Third gun I have bought from them and have always been treated well and have had good service.
Like all new gun purchases it is alot of fun.....
I have been using Ballistol to clean my other handguns and found a source for it today in North Naples. Hard to find locally.

Would you mind sharing the location you found the Ballistol?
That's my back yard.

fishflash 01-06-2013 05:11

Shooter in Naples
 
There's a new gun range under construction behind Tamiami Ford, Naples. All the way down Progress and a quick right. No date set for opening.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.